OOC / Questions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#821 Post by Alethan »

Yesterday on my lunch break, I used my Gerber to slice into a ginormous Honey Delicious apple. Received a splatter of arterial spray in the face as a result. Man, that was a juicy apple...

As an aside, I'm going to probably stop reading H.P. Lovecraft when I eat lunch.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#822 Post by rredmond »

Heh, I hit up Librivox a month or two ago and while driving and mowing the lawn, I listened to a ton of HPL as well as Princess of Mars.
I'm a happy man!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#823 Post by ToniXX »

I've been reading Lovecraft on my tablet at night... thanks to Ethan!
I hadn't read 'Call of Cthulhu' in ages, and I'm currently reading 'The Shadow over Innsmouth'. Good stuff.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#824 Post by Alethan »

Was reading Herbert West: Reanimator when eating my apple.

I think that is probably one of the more disturbing stories I've read by Lovecraft.

I'm always amazed at how they got a whole movie from The Unnameable. It's really a pretty sparse story.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#825 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Was reading Herbert West: Reanimator when eating my apple.

I think that is probably one of the more disturbing stories I've read by Lovecraft.

I'm always amazed at how they got a whole movie from The Unnameable. It's really a pretty sparse story.
Agreed on Herbert West, great story.

All of his stuff was sparse, so much said in few words.

Beyond the Wall of Sleep and Arthur Jermyn were freaky ones too. Liked them all really.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#826 Post by rredmond »

No worries on waiting for Dave. We'll give him a good long time.

Lots of worries that he's okay... I'll have to look, almost positive I have a contact email for him.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#827 Post by rredmond »

Found it. Pinged him.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#828 Post by Alethan »

You going to be able to weather this storm, Ron? Or you going to be off line in a few days?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#829 Post by rredmond »

It's going to be interesting. I'm on the Delaware River side of New Jersey, but just south of Philly. If the path of Frankenstorm continues like they say - its gonna be interesting. My township canceled Halloween, how weird is that.
I'm more worried about our family on Long Island. I keep saying "it's not going to be that bad" but its looking pretty ugly right about now. I'll keep folks updated.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#830 Post by rredmond »

Spoke too soon. :roll: Had staff bang out, gotta roll to one of my homes in the storm to stop the teenage girls from killing each other... only being semi-literal there. :)

Be well guys!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#831 Post by Alethan »

By the way... is it possible to get an XP update at some point in the near future? Don't think it is something we've ever talked about.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#832 Post by Argennian »

Damn, just saw that storm on the news when I got home this am. Looks pretty gnarly, Ron! Do take care & batten down the hatches! I suggest a quick halloween OSRIC game for the girls with candy treasure! :P

Alethan wrote:By the way... is it possible to get an XP update at some point in the near future? Don't think it is something we've ever talked about.
Heh, I can see it now. With power out & water rising, flashlight, pencil & paper to hand... :D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#833 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:(We have attack actions from all players, Mr. GM...)
Ah if only work would comply!

Billling issues lost us (until Medicaid pays us back) $127,000 in the last month. OUCH! And one of my programs had a car accident Friday night. Sheesh!!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#834 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:And one of my programs had a car accident Friday night. Sheesh!!
Is that code for "got a virus"?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#835 Post by rredmond »

Heh, Group Home program!
Funny, programming means much different things for me in social services for the computer types.
:D
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#836 Post by ToniXX »

I will be out of town for the holidays leaving Saturday the 22nd and returning Thursday the 27th. While I will have my laptop and internet access, I will be in Hawaii so my desire to turn on the laptop may be greatly diminished... I'm sure you'll understand.

So know that replies and updates may come slowly until I return.

Thanks, and have a great holiday everyone!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Flambeaux
Strider
Strider

#837 Post by Flambeaux »

Mele Kalikimaka!

I'm usually offline from sundown Christmas Eve until the 27th or so. Buon Natale!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#838 Post by rredmond »

Sorry guys, fighting with the State stinks!
Got another win from the State and from my CEO, so I'm hoping stuff will let up!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: charges/recharging of rods, staves and wands

#839 Post by Argennian »

(moved this here to avoid cluttering the game thread)

Alethan wrote:... My understanding of wand use/recharging was that a wand could be recharged only as long as it still contained at least one charge. If all charges were expended, then the wand became useless. That's why I was loath to suggest a fireball or wall of fire. In fact...
1E Dungeon Master's Guide, Page 132 wrote: Most of these items can be recharged by spell users of sufficiently high
level. This is discussed elsewhere under the heading FABRICATION OF
MAGIC ITEMS. Note that a rod, staff or wand completely drained will become
forever useless, crumbling to powder as its last charge is expended.
In regards to 1E, you are absolutely right on with that point of order, Al. IIRC, there is no such caveat detailed within the OSRIC rule set, at least that I can remember finding. (Not obvious I'm looking to split "technical hairs" here, is it? :D )

Even if that is the case, however, I think it prudent that Ron weigh in on this before we find out IC the hard way. Although we are technically playing an OSRIC game, we do refer to 1E for cases of ambiguity and needed detail/definition, so I'm cool with doing this however our kindly DM adjudicates.

If we are going with the btb 1E rules, Al, your point about saving a charge, if possible, would indeed be the most logical path.

(say, what do you think the chances are of finding a magic item recharging station are here in Shard? 8-) )
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#840 Post by rredmond »

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”