The Possible Highway (Based on Zelazny's RoadMarks)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Possible Highway (Based on Zelazny's RoadMarks)

#1 Post by Urson »

There is a Highway that runs through all possible worlds and times. Certain individuals have the ability to travel this road- to any world that has ever supported life. The Possible Highway is full of adventures- crosstime cargo runs, salvage operations, Road pirates, and multi-world treasure hunts.
You are a Traveller- one of the special individuals that can use the Road. You are being recruited to join Quanta Cargo, a newly-formed transport company

This is a homebrew campaign, based in large part on Roger Zelazny's novel Roadmarks, with generous doses of Mad Max, Time Bandits and anything else I think of added in. Characters can come from any world touched by the Road, and will be new recruits for Quanta, a company being formed by Harry Steele.

I use a highly-modified version of GURPS as my game system. I prefer a transparent game mechanic, so I handle all dierolls and numbers. When you submit a character, just message me or post to the Dramatis Personae thread, and I will handle the crunchy stuff.
The characters will begin as new Travellers. The basic kit will be food, clothes, a vehicle (no pedestrians, please :D ), and a sidearm of some kind, along with ammunition. Magic is OK, as are Psionics, and Cyber-enhancements ... all at relatively LOW power, please.

I am looking for a group of 3-7 players.
FA FO
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Possible Highway (Based on Zelazny's RoadMarks)

#2 Post by Zhym »

Oh, man, I love that book. More than Amber.

What version of GURPS would you be using? Or would the mechanics be hidden enough that it wouldn't be necessary to own the GURPS books?
Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Spectreman17 »

I'm interested, but haven't read the book or played any GURPS. as long as you are handling the crunch, it shouldn't be too much of problem. I can read through the GURPS book in a few weeks (after finals) if that will be necessary for players.

As far as characters go, Do you want a pitched concept or a 100% built sheet?
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

Knowing GURPS is completely un-needed. I handle all the mechanics part of the game- Just tell me what you're planning, and I'll handle the non-Roleplay bits.
I got a PM regarding vehicles: As I picture the Possible Highway, the people who travel it are just using ordinary vehicles. Red Dorakeen, the central character in Roadmarks, uses a nondescript blue pickup truck. <And Adolf Hitler cruises the Road in a black VW, looking for the branch of history where Germany won WWII>. The short answer is that a typical vehicle for your character's home world is fine.
And when I referred to "a chunk of Mad Max," I was primarily thinking of the possibility of inter-vehicle combat on the Highway itself- if you're hauling a cargo and get buzzed by a group of Road Pirates, f'rinstance. Maybe it would be more "Fast and Furious" than Mad Max- I dunno.

If you know what kind of character you want to play, just send me a detailed writeup. The more details I get regarding skills, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, bad habits, and so on, the better.

If I need to make adjustments to balance things, I'll discuss it with you in PM before the game actually gets underway.
FA FO
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by ylinett »

In
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by ylinett »

Should the characters know each other and should we avoid or include anything else?
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Ylinnett- glad to have you. It would be unlikely that any two PC's know each other before the game starts, but if you have a good backstory, I won't say NO.
As for other things to avoid- not really. Just don't try to bring in Batman and his full collection of Bat-gadgets :lol:
FA FO
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'd like to sign up, if you still have room!
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Yep, there are spaces left. welcome.
FA FO
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

I've contacted the Forum admins- Once our game is set up, I'll let you know. I'll also post some FAQ and basic game admin stuff.
FA FO
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Tossing my hat in the ring, if you still have room.
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Stirling »

Have not played the GURPS system before but I read through the rules and stuff from Rukellans GURPS sao forum site. It seemed his games has stalled but I would be interested in creating character that could fit with the style of the game.

One character comes to.mind and I'll pm you my thoughts on him.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Recruiting is now closed (sorry)

#13 Post by Urson »

I just got word from an old buddy of mine who will be joining the game. That will be all the cats I want to try and herd. :lol:
FA FO

Return to “Looking for players or games”