Quest #22 "To Tame A Lizard"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #22 "To Tame A Lizard"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gramble is looking for anyone willing to accompany him to the end of the beach again to see if the lizards he saw there can be tamed to use for better, faster transport.

Anyone willing to go along can find him at the shore, staring off to the west.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #22 "To Tame A Lizard"

#2 Post by wolfpack »

Gramble gathers his coils of 50' rope and blankets and with Jeevus in tow heads out.

we will tame these beasts Jeevus, this could have a major impact on the way of life of these townsfolks.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by kruk »

Lerrick, after adjusting a strap on her armor, shuts her eyes for a moment, then mumbles a prayer.
She then takes a deep breath, then follows Gramble.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lizard Taming
Waterday, 10th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Warm, Sunny, Buggy

Gramble peers hard down the beach, wishing he could still see the lizards that he saw there a day earlier. He hoists his rope and blankets and tells his scribe to prepare to head out.

Lerrick joins them there and agrees to accompany the fighting man on his beach walk.

The first leg of their trip goes by uneventfully. After walking about half the distance to the trail at the end of the sand, the fighter sees that a few of the huge lizards are indeed still gathered in the shallows there. In another hour or two, the pair will be close enough to attempt communication with the large beasts.

Actions?

marching order:
Gramble 10/10
Jeevus 3/3
Lerrick 11/11 3/3 first

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

You don't happen to be a animal trainer do you or a ranger type? I have worked with horses mostly hauling wagons of wood.

Gramble will keep heading towards the lizards

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by kruk »

wolfpack wrote:You don't happen to be a animal trainer do you or a ranger type? I have worked with horses mostly hauling wagons of wood.
I'm afraid not. I posses the power to heal, which hopefully we won't need. The cleric is not so sure about that given the last adventure she was involved in. I do have the ability to scout if you'd like as I am able to climb tall trees with ease. Let me know where you'd like me to do so as I am not familiar with where we are going.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

I don't think that will be needed, the beats are on the shore

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lizard Taming
Late Morning, Warm, Sunny, Buggy

The trio continues slogging through the soft sand on their way to the end of the beach. As they draw closer to their destination, they clearly spot a few of the huge lizards off in the distance.

They notice the small island just off shore to the south as they travel. For the first time since they have been here, they spot a boat approaching the tiny bump of land out in the sea, wondering what might eventually be found there.

Making it to the end of the beach without incident, Gramble, his human scribe Jeevus, and the half-elf priest Lerrick are already tired, bug bitten, and thirsty. Six of the lumbering green beasts, all nearly 20 feet long from head to tail, wade around in the shallow water of the sea. As the group studies their movements for a moment, they suddenly spot another lizard at the edge of the jungle, walking in the sand towards the others already in the water.
thSOCBCU9M.jpg
thSOCBCU9M.jpg (31.21 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Actions?

marching order:
Gramble 16/16
Jeevus 3/3
Lerrick 11/11 3/3 first

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

is this lizard the same type as the others?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

They all look pretty similar, yes. Standard giant lizards as far as you can tell.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

Let's cut off the one by itself. get it's attention as I come form behind and try to mount it.

Gramble will make the rope into a lasso and is going to try and jump on the lizard and lop it around it's head to use like a rein.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thats awesome!

Can I get a Very Hard Dex check [5d6] for that please? (or I’ll roll it tomorrow?)

Sand is hard to run in, but at least it’s soft if you fall. :D

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by kruk »

The cleric looks at Gramble,. I hope you are talking to your scribe about getting the beast's attention. I'm not going to be the bait while you try your attempt to mount it. I will move back and be ready to aid if necessary, which I think is definitely likely to happen..

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

Gramble shrugs

You don't have to run out in front of it, just throw something to draw it's eyes.

you will have to roll, dice roller is blocked for me

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lizard Taming

Lerrick doesn't seem too sure about Gramble wrangling one of these massive lizards, so she tries to stay out of the fighters way. Jeevus looks on with wide eyes as he scribbles away in his brown book.

Gramble watches the lizards movements closely, tying a loop in one end of his rope to use as a lasso or bridle or some kind of handle or something. He times his jump out perfectly, not wanting to have to run in the sand if he doesn't have to.

Gramble's Rodeo Skills (15 Dex) [5d6] = 13 :roll: :lol:

As if he had done this very same thing 100 times before, he simply walks right up to the lizard, hops up on the things back like it was a wide horse, and tosses the looped rope around the creatures neck.

It doesn't jump, or run away. In fact, it almost seems like it doesn't even notice the huge fighter up there. It takes a few more steps towards its friends near the water, snapping its wide jaws at a tiny swarm of blackflies as it turns to lumber away.

Actions?

marching order:
Gramble 16/16
Jeevus 3/3
Lerrick 11/11 3/3 first

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

Gramble will take the excess rope and thread it through the left and right side of the loop, he will do it twice so it will grab tight. He will use this to forge the lizards head left or right. If you cantrol the head the body will follow.

Once he has this done he will pull to direct the lizards head towards town.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by kruk »

Lerrick looks on in awe. After a moment she shakes her head. Impressive. She still stands back as she is not sure that the large lizzard will obey the brave fighter's commands. She waits patiently to find out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lizard Taming

The huge green lizard slowly walks towards the others at the water as Gramble cinches the tied rope into makeshift reigns. He pulls the rope in the direction of Beachtown, but the lumbering beast continues heading for the water instead.

Lerrick watches it all in awe, wondering if any of this will actually work or if the fighter just got lucky with his perfectly timed jump.

Jeevus attempts to sketch the whole episode out in his journal before his boss is thrown from his new mount.

Actions?

marching order:
Gramble 16/16
Jeevus 3/3
Lerrick 11/11 3/3 first

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

bracing himself Grambles clamps his knees into the side of the beast digging in and grabbing one reign with both hands yanks as hard as his mighty arms will allow.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by kruk »

The cleric moves towards the fighter and his mount, Fearing the worst, he places a bullet in her sing, then smirks knowing that the little projectile will do nothing to the beast. Oh well, a little damage is better than nothing.

Return to “Completed Missions”