Character Creation & House Rules: per the DM

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Character Creation & House Rules: per the DM

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Campaign ID: 844

Rolling Stats: Here are the two options for rolling for stats.

Method 1: Roll 4d6 drop the lowest place in order you would like.
Method 2: Roll 2d6 to see what point value you get from the following table. Don't forget to apply race stat changes after assigning your scores.
RollPointsMinMax
HP: Max HP for level 1, roll for all levels afterwards and apply CON bonus (if any apply.) Re-roll any 1's you get for HP.
Starting Level: everyone gets 5,000 XP to start this should put all single classes at the minimum of 3rd level. Dual and Multiclass will have to take that and divide among all classes.
Spells: Wizard classes roll to learn spells, if you fail please make note of it on the character sheet under notes. Priest classes do not need to do this to select spells. Wizard classes get Read and Detect Magic as freebie spells known.
Starting Equipment: You are all experienced adventurers don't worry about buying equipment (within reason) So long as you do not spend more than 300 GP worth on equipment you are fine. Also don't worry about encumbrance (again within reason.) Keep the change left over from the 300 GP as the rest of your coin.
Starting Magic Items: Give me 2 x 1d100 rolls, followed by 2 x 1d20 rolls and I can inform you of what you start with. 1 Re-roll is offered for one item only. Trading with others is allowed so is selling of items.
Source Material: Core books, Complete Handbooks, Celtic Pantheon (Legends & Lore book)
Alignments: Nothing Evil please! All other alignment types are allowed.
Races: All core races are allowed, races from the complete handbooks are negotiable. Preferably no underdark races.
Level Limits: are waved entirely don't worry about them.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

Re: Character Creation & House Rules: per the DM

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

House Rules:

Intelligence # of Languages: I am going to rule that your # of lang. can be used for both languages and non-weapon proficiencies at the player's discretion. If you do not wish to apply to both that is fine. If it doesn't fit the character concept you have in mind that makes sense to me.

Bleeding Out: in combat if you are brought to 0 HP from injury you are unconscious and will bleed out 1 HP until wounds are bound which I allow anyone to do not only healers. This leads into my next rule which is part of the PHB rules. Granted this is based on injury type a magic missile drops you to 0 you don't bleed out, slashing or piercing injuries will cause a bleed out, bludgeoning generally do not unless it is a crack to the head.

Death: a PC dies when they reach -10 HP. Depending on the conditions of their death they can be raised from the dead, resurrected or "revived" by a higher level priest with those spell capabilities, they just need to roll the survival 1d100 roll. You lose 1 CON point from this as a result of having died and been brought back.

Healing & Resting: If you are at 0 or -9 HP and a healing of any kind is used on you I rule that you are brought back to 1 HP regardless of the resulting roll. Also rather than only gaining 1 HP for a 8 hour rest you gain 2 HP back, resting cannot be abused in multiple terms of a day to gain back more HP. Also anyone taking Healing NWP has a chance to heal anyone an additional 1d3 HP as per the PHB this can be used twice a day rather than the 1 time it specifies in the PHB.

Spell Components: do not worry about buying generic spell components common place components I will not make you role-play getting or force you to buy. The harder to find things you will have to purchase. If you use anything that uses up a component if the group is in an area where you might be able to find more to replenish then it is a given that you have it.

Weapon Specialization: Though the rulebooks say only single classed Warrior types may do this I am overruling and saying ANY warrior class single or multi may take this option as per multiclass you gain benefits and defects (perse) of both classes therefore this is an option.

Armors and Thief Skill Penalties: For the most part I am BTB on this except for with Studded Leather Armor. I am willing to say if you wear Studded Leather armor it does not hinder your skill abilities by issuing a penalty. Spiked Leather I am not willing to waive this penalty for, you will suffer normal PHB armor thief skill penalties for wearing spiked leather armor.

Critical Hits: While the books all say a 20 roll result (unmodified) is a critical Hit I count both natural 19 and 20 as a critical hit. For a critical hit roll an additional 1d100 percentile roll as this works with my critical hits and fumbles chart I use.

Fumbles: yes I use fumbles a Natural 1 roll is a fumble, please roll a 1d100 percentile roll with a fumble this is also working with the fumbles chart I use.

Initiative: I use Group Initiative in a battle I will roll this along with the Initiative for the monsters or NPCs that you are fighting nobody needs to roll for initiative unless I ask for it.

this is always subject to having more things added over time. Remember to check back.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

Re: Character Creation & House Rules: per the DM

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Projectile Recovery: Arrows, Bolts/Quarrels, & sling stones & bullets. Unless the projectile was set on fire, dipped into acid, or destroyed in some other manner 25% of what you fire is recoverable unless otherwise specified (such as magic ammo descriptions that say they are destroyed once fired) Roll a D12 for recovery of each projectile see chart below.

Return to “The Haunted Tower (2e)”