GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

GreyWolfVT
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (OOC Stuff)

#21 Post by wolfpack »

Mctavish looks at Montgomery

Aye, Goibhniu hast led me here tu spread his word, and I ken no better way than detroyin such a blight on the world as unlife.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Yagul speaks up, "I am here for the same reason to rid the world of an evil blight."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap Character Intoductions

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax Greybeard "Yeah there has been a bit of trouble round ere lately. Mayor and the high priest posted up them posters all over the place. Glad someone's come to the call, my adventurin days are long gone."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

barkeep another round for the 'ouse

mctavish says slapping gold on the bar

he then leans forward

I ken you'll be given me the good stuff and them the swill he says with a wink

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax winks and refills the dwarf mug and tops off the half-orcs with the good strong stuff the rest he gives the normal good non-dwarven ale. "I think we can be doin' that friend."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by tarlyn »

Rex wrote:Yagul speaks up, "I am here for the same reason to rid the world of an evil blight."
Montgomery notices Yagul and Mctavish for the first time and nods at both of them. "Would you care to join us?, she asks them both.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

#27 Post by wolfpack »

Mctavidsh nods and will join Montgomery

If'n we are to travel together I ken we should drink together

I am Mctavish Hammerblow of Clan Hammerblow, warrior priest of Goibhniu, may his hammer swing true.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by tarlyn »

Montgomery

"I am Montgomery Montaghue, follower and a Paladin of the hero Chu Chulain. You may call me Monty

for short. It is an honor to meet a warrior priest of Goignhiu."
She bows and takes her seat again.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

The audible glamour surrounding the half-orc causes heavy creaking of floorboard sounds even though the floor is flagstone. A backdrop of canned laughter follows each step but stops suddenly as he approaches the table.

The gnome looks down and shuffles along the bench.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Yagul walks over to the others, "May I join you? I am Yagul, but in the pits they called me the Dervish."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by tarlyn »

Montgomery

She beckons Yagul to sit next to her. "Yes please join us. If we are to be travelling together for the same cause

we should be getting to know each other. Just call me Monty, I am a Paladin. It is nice to meet you, the Dervish.

And what do we call you when you are not the Dervish?"

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax seeing the patrons gather at a table fills two pitchers one of dwarven ale and one of the other good stuff, he sets them down the dwarven stuff close to Mctavidsh the other closer to Monty & Ferris. Then he goes back to wiping down the bar and cleaning mugs.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

Mctavish eyes Montgomery

Mony eh, strange name for a lassie, though for a 'uman you are nay bad of a looker.

he looks over at yagul

now ye, ye are a big un, big and ugly. Reminds me of me mum. she was monstrous for dwarf nay an inch lower than 5'5'

with that he has a good laugh, drains his mug and refills it

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Yagul

To Monty, "You can call me Yagul."

To Mctavish, "I have been called ugly a few times before, it doesn't bother me. Now stupid has gotten a few beaten on occasion, but you look much to smart to call me stupid."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by spanningtree »

Uther:

Glides, hooded, into the tavern and heads to the bar without pause. Nodding to the barkeep: Oi there, I was told to give the keep at this establishment this note. Handing the note across the bar. Could I also grab an ale? Perhaps some advice on scratching up some coin?

Magic stuff: [1d100] = 100 [1d100] = 17 [1d20] = 16 [1d20] = 12
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax Graybeard slides the adventurers wanted poster over to Uther "That'd be what has brought those folk ere at that there table." he indicates the group of folk drinking ale and talking at the table, then takes the slip with the numbers on it. "Names Brax Greybeard clan Greybeard, owner of this ere tavern. Won't be but a moment." same as the others that came here he walks off into a pack room rummages around and comes back out he has a potion and a dagger. "The dagger's an ordinary dagger +1 nothin more other than it glows like a torch light when yah say Shilak. This ere is a potion of Extra Healin. Now I was gonna give ya a potion of super heroism but didn't think yah looked the part."

Potion of Extra-Healing: This potion restores 3d8 + 3 hit points of damage when wholly consumed, or 1d8 hit points of damage for each one third that is drunk.

rather than offering a re-roll I just selected a different potion that might come in of use.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

As all the commotion continues at the bar. A tall Elven man in black leather armor with a hooded black cloak leaning on a walking staff ambles into the bar and sits down in the back corner. He lifts his hood back and lays his walking stick beside the wall. He sits and watches the crowd for a while. The finally decides to make his way to the bar and order.

Hello Good Sir. I am in need of some refreshments. (In common) Then seeing the Dwarf behind the counter switches to Dwarven.

So what is your best brew here Master Dwarf? I'll take 2 and a bowl of whatever stew you are serving today. And if I may a quarter wheel of cheese and a loaf of bread for the road. I'll settle up now if that is OK.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax Greybeard watches the elf in black with a careful eye "Dwarven ale is the strongest I've got less yah wanna try some hard liquor. Names Brax Greybeard. What's yers?" listening to him in common then dwarven "Ah yah know me native language, impressive lad. Not many elves care to speak it. Stew well got some rabbit stew, an the chef's special is fish chowder. Take yer pick." his eyes grow wide at the order of a wheel of cheese and a loaf of bread "Boy you planning a long trip somewhere er what? I can fill tha order of a loaf a bread but a wheel of cheese would put me out I'd have ta send the lad out to market for more."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Well Met, Brax. My name is Shade Goldfinger. I earned my name from the streets as a child before I was refined and educated. I can also read and write your language as well as Elven and Common. But enough about me. I'll take 2 of the Hard Liquor and a bowl of the Fish Chowder. If you have the cheese and bread that will be great too. I was told to meet up here and attach to a group of roughnecks heading to the old Castles out of town. Something about a Undead Expedition. Know anything about it? Oh and what do I owe you?

As he fishes around in his belt pouch for some gold coins
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax raises an eyebrow "The hard stuff eh? Well this might make yer insides burn but they call the stuff Fireseed. Usually only dwarves and gnomes can handle this stuff. I got some Spiced Enigma if ya wanna try that, it's a kinda hard cider. Or if yah would like got this ere the fishin folk tend ta like it called Moonrun Rum." he thinks about it "Well I s'pose if ain't nobody wantin cheese fer a bit I could seel me only wheel the bread we can offer easy. Owe ah well first drink'd be on tha house. Me own way of welcomin new folk to the area. Only be a few copper for tha bread. Unless yah'd like the chef's special bread he bakes it stuffed with cheese and meat. The workin folk tend ta love it. A whole wheel of cheese that'd be five silver."

Return to “The Haunted Tower (2e)”