GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (OOC Stuff)

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tarlyn wrote: Montgomery merely smiles at his antics and sits at the table. "I know not if I am to be your bodyguard, but if that is the case, then so be it." She orders a salad and hot beverage.
Brax preoccupied by the busy state of the bar lately motions to a tall lean boy probably about 12 years of age the boy comes over to the bar he gives Monty's order to the lad and the lad rushes off to the kitchen after some talking eventually he comes back from the kitchen carrying a steaming hot beverage (hot cider) and has a bowl that he sets down before Monty. "Here you go miss." he says with a smile of delight and he walks off parshally blushing having talked to a beautiful lady.

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (OOC Stuff)

#42 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
tarlyn wrote: Montgomery merely smiles at his antics and sits at the table. "I know not if I am to be your bodyguard, but if that is the case, then so be it." She orders a salad and hot beverage.
Brax preoccupied by the busy state of the bar lately motions to a tall lean boy probably about 12 years of age the boy comes over to the bar he gives Monty's order to the lad and the lad rushes off to the kitchen after some talking eventually he comes back from the kitchen carrying a steaming hot beverage (hot cider) and has a bowl that he sets down before Monty. "Here you go miss." he says with a smile of delight and he walks off parshally blushing having talked to a beautiful lady.

Monty catches the lad by the arm before he heads off.

"Lad, you did a fine job" making no effort to hide her action, she hands him 2 gold pieces. And you can tell your friend dwarf there I said so, ok?" She smiles at him before turning her attention to the table and the tavern.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

#43 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Well let me try the Cider. Always had a weak spot for the orchards back home. I remember a cider my grandpap made that was part watermelon and part corn liquor. It had a sweet taste but it would burn your insides going down. I'll take the regular bread, the wheel of cheese and one Fireseed and one Spiced Enigma. That should keep me warm tonight. Say do you have any rooms here or do I need to see the Inn for that? Not sure if we are leaving in the morning or tonight. This bunch looks like they are in their cups so may be tomorrow. So I will need a bed for the night too.

Shade looks around at all the people drinking.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tarlyn wrote: Monty catches the lad by the arm before he heads off.

"Lad, you did a fine job" making no effort to hide her action, she hands him 2 gold pieces. And you can tell your friend dwarf there I said so, ok?" She smiles at him before turning her attention to the table and the tavern.
The boy stops startled by the touching from a lady blushes more and takes the tip eyes go wide "Th tha thank you miss. Call me Waldorf. I will tell him miss." he stammers and walks to the bar and tells Brax about the tip and what Monty said. The dwarf pats the lad on the shoulder praising his good work, and turns back to Monty and gives her a smile and a thumbs up sign.
Darklin2 wrote:Shade

Well let me try the Cider. Always had a weak spot for the orchards back home. I remember a cider my grandpap made that was part watermelon and part corn liquor. It had a sweet taste but it would burn your insides going down. I'll take the regular bread, the wheel of cheese and one Fireseed and one Spiced Enigma. That should keep me warm tonight. Say do you have any rooms here or do I need to see the Inn for that? Not sure if we are leaving in the morning or tonight. This bunch looks like they are in their cups so may be tomorrow. So I will need a bed for the night too.

Shade looks around at all the people drinking.
Brax fills a glass with the hard cider "Right well there that'd start yah off." he slides the glass to Shade. "Rooms yeah we got rooms here." then he pours a shot of the fireseed CON check if you drink it. "There's yer shot of Fireseed." he slides a slip of paper it's a disclaimer saying you won't charge the establishment if anything bad happens to you from drinking the stuff. "Sign this first if ya will."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
tarlyn wrote: Monty catches the lad by the arm before he heads off.

The boy stops startled by the touching from a lady blushes more and takes the tip eyes go wide "Th tha thank you miss. Call me Waldorf. I will tell him miss." he stammers and walks to the bar and tells Brax about the tip and what Monty said. The dwarf pats the lad on the shoulder praising his good work, and turns back to Monty and gives her a smile and a thumbs up sign.
Monty nods at the dwarf and smiles. She gets up and walks over to Brax.

"I want to ask you. Waldorf will be well taken care of? He seems a fine lad. For now I must go on a quest. But I would appreciate him being available when I return. Can you make this so?"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

All right. I'll sign it. So what is the side affect. Headache tomorrow?

He signs and lifts the Enigma and toasts the Dwarf.

Can I get the rest to my table. My feet are tired from the road. I was told you may have something here for me that was sent from the Mage's Guild. A Parcel if you will. And yes I will take a room for the night too. After this Fireseed I may need it.

GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax replies to Shade first "Of just debilitating drunkenness and a wicked hangover tha next day for non-dwarven folk though as I said gnomes have been known to be as resistant as dwarves to it. Yer gonna feel like you died in tha mornin so I've been told."

Now looking at Monty he says "Waldorf will be fine he's a good lad and I pay him good too. What do yah want him fer? Ain't he a bit young fer yah?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by wolfpack »

From the table McTavish yells out

MORE DRINK! laying gold on the table

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax replies to Shade first "Of just debilitating drunkenness and a wicked hangover tha next day for non-dwarven folk though as I said gnomes have been known to be as resistant as dwarves to it. Yer gonna feel like you died in tha mornin so I've been told."

Now looking at Monty he says "Waldorf will be fine he's a good lad and I pay him good too. What do yah want him fer? Ain't he a bit young fer yah?"

Monty blinks, clearly startled. "I think you misunderstand me. I have no interest romantically with Waldorf, just to ensure he has a good future. And if he wishes, later, come serve with me in my abode."

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax signals to Waldorf who rushes back out with a full pitcher of dwarven ale and swaps it out with the empty one near McTavish.

Then turns back to Monty "Sorry no disrespect meant there missy. Just never had anyone ask about me staff unless it was in manners I don't authorize yah catch my meanin'. Many drunken fools try ta get all handsy with tha waitstaff some males do all their thinkin with one on body part if yah cath me drift. So I get me some lads ta work ere too an ain't had as many but some drunk women do some bad thinkin too. Just makin sure yer not meaning anything illicit with him. He's a good lad an I take good care of me staff."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax signals to Waldorf who rushes back out with a full pitcher of dwarven ale and swaps it out with the empty one near McTavish.

Then turns back to Monty "Sorry no disrespect meant there missy. Just never had anyone ask about me staff unless it was in manners I don't authorize yah catch my meanin'. Many drunken fools try ta get all handsy with tha waitstaff some males do all their thinkin with one on body part if yah cath me drift. So I get me some lads ta work ere too an ain't had as many but some drunk women do some bad thinkin too. Just makin sure yer not meaning anything illicit with him. He's a good lad an I take good care of me staff."

"I am relieved, then. Good on you for taking care of him. I name you friend," she bows and returns to her
seat.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by spanningtree »

Uther:

Signals to Brax, once getting his attention, in Dwarvish: I'd like to buy that table a round of the good stuff. Can you bring it around?

Uther will make his way to the table with the others: Please don't mistake curiosity but I overheard something of an upcoming mission. I am looking to scare up some funds and am good torching and burning things from a distance, might your band have need of such mayhem? Oh, I am Uther, the grisly one...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax goes back to Uther "Sorry been a bustlin place today. So many new faces. Sure another round the dwarf there already paid for two rounds. But I'll bring another." he goes and brings another full pitcher of the good non-dwarf ale setting it over near Ferris and Monty, while taking again the dwarvish stuff and setting it near McTavish and Yagul. "Nother round paid by the fellow there." he says and indicates Uther. Then makes his way back to the bar with the empty pitchers setting them on the end of the bar and one of the waitstaff grabs them as they make rounds to the tables now that more folk are making way in for dinner.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax replies to Shade first "Of just debilitating drunkenness and a wicked hangover tha next day for non-dwarven folk though as I said gnomes have been known to be as resistant as dwarves to it. Yer gonna feel like you died in tha mornin so I've been told."

Shade waits for Brax to get a minute and slides the Shot of Fire-seed back across the bar.

Here this one is on me. I am looking for a little refreshment to take the edge off but I am shipping out in the morning so I'll give you this shot to prevent the hangover. Pour me another Enigma and the Fireseed is yours. Add it to my tab with the cheese, bread and a room for the night. When the Chowder is ready can you bring it to my table with the parcel if you have it. Should be from the Mage's Guild. Equipment for tomorrow. Now good sir my feet are tired from the road so I will take my leave until my meal is through. Then I will square the tab and be off in the morning.

With that he toasts Brax and take another drag of Enigma and heads back to his table.

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax chuckles takes the shot and downs it seemingly without any effect "Told yah it probably weren't for you. Thanks lad." he pours another of the spiced hard cider and sends Waldorf to get the bread and cheese wheel. The young man rushes off to the kitchen returns with a warm loaf of bread freshly baked, then heads off to the cellar and returns after a bit of time with a wheel of cheese with holes in it "I think the merchant said this was called swiss cheese dunno where the name comes from but it is pretty good mister." Waldorf admits giving the wheel wrapped in cheesecloth to Shade. Waldorf goes off back to work helping in the kitchen and clearing dirty dishes from table. The dwarf looks back to Shade "Room for yah upstairs last room on the right at the end of the hall, nice room has a window and a small porch if you wanna see the sunset." he hands Shade a key.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax chuckles takes the shot and downs it seemingly without any effect "Told yah it probably weren't for you. Thanks lad." he pours another of the spiced hard cider and sends Waldorf to get the bread and cheese wheel. The young man rushes off to the kitchen returns with a warm loaf of bread freshly baked, then heads off to the cellar and returns after a bit of time with a wheel of cheese with holes in it "I think the merchant said this was called swiss cheese dunno where the name comes from but it is pretty good mister." Waldorf admits giving the wheel wrapped in cheesecloth to Shade. Waldorf goes off back to work helping in the kitchen and clearing dirty dishes from table. The dwarf looks back to Shade "Room for yah upstairs last room on the right at the end of the hall, nice room has a window and a small porch if you wanna see the sunset." he hands Shade a key.

Shade

Thank you Brax it has been a pleasure. I don't get to use my Dwarven much anymore so I have enjoyed our conversation. Well I might as well pay ya before I go. What is the damage for everything all together?

Digs around in his belt pouch looking for some gold.

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax smiles at the compliment "Talking in dwarven ain't somethin I get ta do often. But the price would be even at call it 2 gold pieces combined, room, food an drinks. Plus tomorrows breakfast comes with the room."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Darklin2 »

Shade

Sets 3 gold on the bar.

Thank you Master Brax. You have been most accommodating. I will make sure I stay here on our return from the tower. Hopefully it will be with sacks of gold and masterwork weapons beyond measure. Say you don't have any relatives who are smiths do you? I would be interested in some high quality dwarf forges daggers and maybe even a sword or two.

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax perks up even more at the tip and then the mention of smiths "I be son of a great smith, though he doesn't reside here in Melinir. Me dad was a great smith, had some uncles in the mining business too. Me brother Dax has a mining outfit back home and me other brother Gax does the smithin. But again they ain't local to Melinir. I'm the only one of the three that left home an set to adventurin' Decided ta retire and settled down here. I do know one of the smiths in town dwarf name of Throm Strongarm I can indicate which is his place he might be able ta craft yah somethin'."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Brax perks up even more at the tip and then the mention of smiths "I be son of a great smith, though he doesn't reside here in Melinir. Me dad was a great smith, had some uncles in the mining business too. Me brother Dax has a mining outfit back home and me other brother Gax does the smithin. But again they ain't local to Melinir. I'm the only one of the three that left home an set to adventurin' Decided ta retire and settled down here. I do know one of the smiths in town dwarf name of Throm Strongarm I can indicate which is his place he might be able ta craft yah somethin'."

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe he will have some work already done that I can look over. Throm Strongarm you say. I will see if I can find him in the morning before heading out. I wouldn't mind having a couple of swords to start this adventure. Just a trusty fall back. Elven ways die hard. Thank You again.

He moves off to the seat and watches everyone until his meal arrives and he starts eating.

Return to “The Haunted Tower (2e)”