Character Creation Q&A

Tragic Tales
Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

Character Creation Q&A

#1 Post by Tragic Tales »

Please post any character creation questions here.
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation Q&A

#2 Post by Rex »

Could I get the name of a fishing village a halfling could be from? I am working on a halfling navigator. The forgotten realms wiki says climate is sub-arctic, is that correct? Thinking about taking survival.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Never mind my question, I just noticed we already have a halfling navigator. I guess great minds think alike.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Darklin2 »

Was interested in how this will play out when we get to first level. I am looking at a Cleric/Ranger for my final class but nothing really touches on the multiclass aspect of the demi-humans. I used the background to kind of shape the direction along with the description in the character sheet.

Will we drop the current class and start new with the 1st level class or blend it in?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by Tragic Tales »

Darklin2 wrote:Was interested in how this will play out when we get to first level. I am looking at a Cleric/Ranger for my final class but nothing really touches on the multiclass aspect of the demi-humans. I used the background to kind of shape the direction along with the description in the character sheet.

Will we drop the current class and start new with the 1st level class or blend it in?
Good question. They will be added together. Build the character under the chosen profession. When 1st level is reached you will add the 1st level adventuring class abilities to it. HP will be increased. Non weapon and weapon proficiencies will be added. The character retains any abilities / proficiencies from the previous profession.
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Darklin2 »

Tragic Tales wrote:
Darklin2 wrote:Was interested in how this will play out when we get to first level. I am looking at a Cleric/Ranger for my final class but nothing really touches on the multiclass aspect of the demi-humans. I used the background to kind of shape the direction along with the description in the character sheet.

Good question. They will be added together. Build the character under the chosen profession. When 1st level is reached you will add the 1st level adventuring class abilities to it. HP will be increased. Non weapon and weapon proficiencies will be added. The character retains any abilities / proficiencies from the previous profession.

That sounds good. Another question. As a Guide it states I have 3 weapon proficiencies. Do I need to list those and chose them now or can I wait until I find something else to use. I already listed long bow. Elf and Guide so that is a given but should I chose the other 2 now or wait?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

#7 Post by Tragic Tales »

Darklin2 wrote:
Tragic Tales wrote:

That sounds good. Another question. As a Guide it states I have 3 weapon proficiencies. Do I need to list those and chose them now or can I wait until I find something else to use. I already listed long bow. Elf and Guide so that is a given but should I chose the other 2 now or wait?
Go ahead and choose the other two. You will gain more upon entering your adventuring class.
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt

Return to “Treasure Hunt (2e)”