OOC

Tragic Tales
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#21 Post by Marullus »

:lol:
Hey, the DM covered you with feces. I am just pointing out that diaper rash doesn't take long to develop in that state. ;)

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Fair enough Marullus - it certainly doesn't!

Could someone take a moment and describe how to interpret the advancement of time in the story in play by post?
The DM's posts will advance the story in time periodically. In between that I am assuming that our posts represent a sequence of events within a short span of time or occurring simultaneously. I am also assuming that the time of day, weather, any other environmental issues are all controlled by the DM. If we have sequences of actions taking place in our descriptions (like Angharad speaking to someone that may be Ovar) that gets elaborated on by another player (Ovar breaking himself and others free, potentially Angharad), Tragic Tales, do you want to wrap up these threads before another post is made? How does this work in other threads?

On a similar note, how about details of the environment if there is some conflict that arises.
Not that it necessarily matters for this scene setting but some descriptions include cells others assume a long open chamber with stacks of wire bunks - in a situation when it matters more is it the responsibility of the DM to resolve those conflicts? Do the players help sort it out as well in an OOC discussion?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

The DM really needs to answer most of your questions, but from my perspective this was sort of meant to be very open ended and free form to start. How it proceeds from there I don't know.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

The original instructions were in a Spoiler on Tragic Tales initial post:
Tragic Tales wrote:The scene has been set. Everyone with an 16 strength or greater will eventually pry their way loose. The bunks were structurally damaged in the crash. Once one person is loose it will make relatively short work for two people to free everyone else. Or, an observant person (14+ Wisdom) will simply get or direct a person that is free to get the key ring that has tormented everyone the last few days.

I save rolls for conflict. The party is supposed to escape. If you are descriptive in your post, I will readily accept that in place of a die roll.

Under the “tender care” of your captors, everyone has had their personal belongings removed. Only the barest of clothing remain (such as breeches, tunics and robes noting else).
I think that answers some of your questions?

My interpretation is that it is up to us to freely narrate and roleplay together as characters to get ourselves free, escape, and end up on the shore. There won't be any rolls for that.

For my part, my halfling isn't strong enough to free anyone's bonds nor wise enough to notice the keyring and I am playing him as too kind to flee without the others even though he can swim proficiently. I took the action of having him go and try to grab useful things from the top deck and/or empty barrels that people could use for floation to get to short if they can't swim as he can. So, I am waiting on the DM to arbitrate that - it falls squarely outside of what he is allowing. (We have no personal belongings... unclear if that means we find nothing anywhere on the ship that can be repurposed.)

I am assuming that, once we all get to shore in our roleplay with each other, then time will resume and the DM will arbitrate the next step(s).

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I am probably just getting ahead of myself. :)

Thank you for the responses!

Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

#26 Post by Tragic Tales »

Sorry for the hold up. I had some last minute changes to my project. It is finished now. I will resume regular posting tomorrow.
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Bluetongue »

No GM action post in this campaign for 10 days plus.

I would encourage Tragic Tales to invest in the forum. The visuals are good, the posts informative and the scene set very well. We are all experienced gamers and post descriptive roleplay posts. So to you have the foundation for a good game but slow posting is going to kill the game. If we make one action post every two weeks we won't get off the beach until winter.

Hope all is well.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluetongue wrote:No GM action post in this campaign for 10 days plus.

I would encourage Tragic Tales to invest in the forum. The visuals are good, the posts informative and the scene set very well. We are all experienced gamers and post descriptive roleplay posts. So to you have the foundation for a good game but slow posting is going to kill the game. If we make one action post every two weeks we won't get off the beach until winter.

Hope all is well.
Sound advice and I concur.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Bluetongue »

Erik

At a loss with what to do and patience running out. Swims for home.

Guys, I just don't have the patience to participate in games which start great and then fizzle out without notice. With the GM not even being on the forum for 10 days and not posting in here for two weeks I just don't think this is going anywhere.

Whatever real life scenario is going on, I have played in too many games on this US forum which didn't go beyond a first adventure.

I am out. Best wishes to you all.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Samwell Turleton »

It is an unusual time outside of the forum - I certainly hope there are some more opportunities for posts to be written here. For my part, I am happy to see what happens and stick with it if Tragic Tales returns. If this, ultimately, is all there is it was an interesting little start.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hmm did this game die off? :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Darklin2 »

No DM for weeks
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah shows last login for DM was June 15th that is 16 days. :(

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Yeah shows last login for DM was June 15th that is 16 days. :(

I was trying to get in the Harper's Game too but that won't happen now. Two more games that have ended badly.

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Darklin2 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Yeah shows last login for DM was June 15th that is 16 days. :(

I was trying to get in the Harper's Game too but that won't happen now. Two more games that have ended badly.
I just hope the absence isn't C19 related.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

Hopefully its nothing serious.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Darklin2 »

One of his last posts was about some project he had to finish. Might just be real life again.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by dmw71 »

This game is going to be marked as abandoned.

Same with the other game by the same user.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Treasure Hunt (2e)”