Library Look-around. Sam & Hrothgar investigation #1

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Library Look-around. Sam & Hrothgar investigation #1

#62 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I am just going to hold until Jason chimes in. I am going to wait in the parking lot trying to talk to strangers (or the animal control officer) if Jason wants to stay and do research or I am going to head back to the station with Jason

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Taaz »

No, when I got here the animal control officers were already out here. Jason looks through the list of Sams until he sees Jack's name, What piqued your interest in this one? He ask gesturing to the name, I might be able be able to conjure up a leade.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Samwell Turleton »

All I really found was this...it was just one of the names given to me at lunch when I asked around.

Sam provides Jason a summary of the police report he saw in his research.

Police have released the name of the man who died after being involved in a car accident two days ago as Jack Belt, 25 of Fort Smith. Belt was driving at high speeds when he ran a red light and was hit by a semi-truck on the corner of Midland and Division Avenues. The driver of the truck was uninjured, but unavailable for an interview. Police say drugs and alcohol were involved.

edited to try to connect information better to how Sam heard of the Jack Belt name
Last edited by Samwell Turleton on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Taaz »

A wave of nausea washes over Jason as he hears the name And let me guess, he was driving a Nova.

"Oh boy I remember this cocktail, cottonmouth venom and painkillers" His vision wobbles but he steadies himself. Whew, ..yeah I've...uh, met him. In a manner He takes a deep breath and starts to feel normal again. Hes taken up residence as a psychopomp at the local hospital. Friendly enough but he doesn't remember a lot from being alive. But if you had something specific to ask I bet we could give it a shot, I uh...sort of have been bribing him to keep him happy. His tone slips almost effortlessly to a more upbeat range, Besides fifteen bucks a month for some minibar tequila and snacks is a lot easier on the building than our normal disposal methods.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote: "Oh boy I remember this cocktail, cottonmouth venom and painkillers" His vision wobbles but he steadies himself. Whew, ..yeah I've...uh, met him. In a manner
ding! Ding! Ding! We got a winner!

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Taaz »

Yeah it finally dawned on me

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Jason, you have lost all your color - are you feeling alright?

Sam pauses a moment as Jason composes himself. Sam gets Hrothgar's pain medication loaded into the syringe and unclasps the cage to administer it.

I am open to visiting your friend the mental health expert... Sam says not knowing what a psychopomp is while struggling with the cat. I've always thought the best way to learn...come on, Hrothgar...a place is to get out...quit being so stubborn...and explore it. Hrothgar takes a swipe at Sam.

Cottonmouth venom, eh? Where can you get a thing like that?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Taaz »

Yeah, sort of a psychic hangover from the time I met Jack, we were investigating this site that was sacred to the Caddo people who were indigenous to the area. I got bit by nine cottonmouths and ended up at the hospital barely alive. Thats when I met Jack, a spirit that helps the dead cross over, he smiles warmly at Sam, I don't really know if it was a near death experience thing, or the fact that the snakes that bit me inhabited a sacred mound of A'ya'hi'ya. A'ya'hi'ya is a snake deity of life and death and balance.. he realizes hes rambling. Uh since then I can sort of talk to some spirits, not all of them but I want to keep trying, I mean I love what we do, bustin makes me feel good. He laughs at his own bad pun But to be able to learn about the occut right from the horses mouth, how cool is that!

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam nods and looks with fascination at Jason while he is telling his story. Sounds like something right out of a fairy tale, if you ask me.

If you think we are all done here - I'll just pack up Hrothgar here and grab my bag and be ready to go.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Taaz »

Sure, prob best to get back to HQ and catch up with the others.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam heads in the direction of the bus stop with the carrier and a bag full of cat food stacked on top to catch a ride back to the station. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow carrying you around all day Hrothgar!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Bluehorse »

Library Lookaround
The Mormon Church
Oak Cemetery Investigation Supplemental
August 24, 2018, 3:30pm
Hot but Breezy

The pair of busters, one old and new, one young and... experienced? bond over their findings and backstories. Each finds an interest in the other from the looks of things and after some revelations decide to head back to base to compare notes.

You easily catch one of the buses running this side of town and make the long ride across town only having to change buses once, but with all the stops between here and there on the busy Rogers Ave. during rush hour, you know you will be arriving at the Firehouse much later.

Good job guys! I will close you out here and get everyone synced up at the Firehouse soon.

Brownie Point Spending:
Sam -2
Jason -4

Sam found information on Jack Belt and some rumors about the Blackwell Witches: +3

Jason makes the connection of Jack Belt being Jack Feelgood. +3

Mission Success! +150% bps spending.

Jason +3
Sam +2
=====
Jason +6
Sam +5

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  138/138 @
Sam Strickland 24/24

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!

Return to “Mission Archive”