Quest #28 "Kegenstien's Expedition Over the River"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #28 "Kegenstien's Expedition Over the River"

#941 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg drops what he is doing and takes out his crossbow, loading it as he walks towards where they saw the beaver disappear, keeping his ears open to any sudden movements from it or where the voices are coming from.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#942 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel gets her sling ready and keeps watching the direction the voices came from.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#944 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Native Lands
Waterday, 24th of Goodmonth
Midday, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

When Elnaerel and Keyon look in the direction of the southern trail, they spot another group of natives heading directly into the clearing, following the animal they are likely hunting.
2015-green-infierno.jpg
2015-green-infierno.jpg (78.69 KiB) Viewed 583 times

When Keg heads towards the river to get a better look at the tailless beaver, a single slim red feathered wooden dart flies through the air, hitting him in the neck with a painful prick. 1 dam The dart clearly comes from the direction of the southern trail, and when the fighter looks over, he sees 8 male natives slowly creeping in his direction. They look back at him with eyes like saucers, obviously surprised to see the Norseman. Can I get a Save vs. Poison from Keg, please?

Actions?

overall map:
viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477
Keg Woodwright 12/13
Elnaerel 10/10 0/3
Keyon 6/6

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#945 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg

Bever! Thunk! Yeow! he slaps at what he thinks is a big and turns to look at the dart as he pulls it out, then states at the natives putting 2 and 2 together. Crap...

Save vs. Poison 14 [1d20]=17
I can't remember if the +3 for CON helps here or not. It is the difference between a save and a fail! Yikes!

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#946 Post by Paladin »

Was Keyon ever able to get any names from the other natives? He introduced himself back on pg 45 or 46, but we got sidetracked posting afterward and I forgot he'd asked. Or to check and see if he got any names in return.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#947 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Paladin wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:03 pm Was Keyon ever able to get any names from the other natives? He introduced himself back on pg 45 or 46, but we got sidetracked posting afterward and I forgot he'd asked. Or to check and see if he got any names in return.
He did hear some things that might have been names, but the men didn't seem to pick up on his *me Tarzan, you Jane* routine. (I was going to say Tonga-Ginger, but I wasn't sure if you would pick up on that one.) :lol:

BH, that 17 is a save. You want to roll higher on those. That's why they start out high and go down as you advance in levels.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#948 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm
BH, that 17 is a save. You want to roll higher on those. That's why they start out high and go down as you advance in levels. [/ooc]
Thank OM! I always get that one backwards.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#949 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel starts as she sees the ranger being hit by the dart. "Keg!" is the only word that comes from her mouth. She turns to the newcomers but their startled expressions make her stop short and not attack them. She tries to see if the look at all like any of the ones they spent the previous evening and today's morning with.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#950 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

The elf stashes his daggers and walks into view, his hands visibly empty and palms facing the natives. He smiles and greets them as he did the others, praying for the same ultimately friendly result.

He remains tensed to spring back toward cover if they turn their weapons upon him, but does his best to present his usual charming facade.

He repeats a few words/names he overheard the last group of natives saying, hoping they are recognizable names and not ones from an enemy faction.

"Um....Yesalaata? Or something of that nature. Friends? Nyam...jink?" He makes eating and drinking motions and slowly produces his waterskin, taking a drink and extending it toward the natives. Anything to remove the focus of their encounter from weapons and blood and...messiness.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#951 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Keg is a fighter, not a ranger. :D

Native Lands

While Elnaerel looks on, trying to act as peaceful as possible towards these new natives, she notices that they look similar to the ones they met earlier, though they look less like builders and more like hunters.

Keg plucks the dart from his neck as he suddenly realizes how it got there. He starts to feel a little woozy all of the sudden, but the feeling eventually passes, allowing him to focus on the next three colorful darts heading directly for him. Shooting them from long hollow tubes, the natives darts fly past the fighter and hit the animal he was going to check on. The strange jungle beaver squeals out from its spot near the river, now sporting bright feathers of its own as the darts stick into its furry brown hide.

As the 8 natives slowly advance into the clearing, Keyon steps out showing his hands and repeating a few things he heard from the last natives. One of them stares up into the tree where Keyon saw the guard climb earlier, while the others whisper to each other in their strange clicks and beeps. Once the elf offers them water, they seem to lower their guard slightly. 4 of them head for the wobbly animal while the other 4 head towards Keyon. "Nyaming" is the only word they repeat the he recognizes. They don't appear willing to accept the water, but they do continue to creep closer, cautiously.

Actions?

overall map:
Keg Woodwright 12/13
Elnaerel 10/10 0/3
Keyon 6/6

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#952 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg for a moment there staggers a little, but his mead pickled liver soon deals with the poison and he is back to his normal self as he shakes it off. Whoa... that was weird... he then eyes the beaver before turning and eyeing the natives that dropped it. Am I really that hair you think I was a critter? He then points to himself. Keg. and then points to the natives closest to him.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#953 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel puts the sling and bullet away in her belt pouch and calmly starts walking towards the natives. She puts a hand on her chest. "Elnaerel." She says. She'll let Keyon do the talking, as he seems to have a hand with the natives. Then the elven cleric eyes her ra-fighter companion. "You alright, Keg?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#954 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Karaunios wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:36 pm Then eyes her ra-fighter companion.
:D

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#955 Post by Bluehorse »

Karaunios wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:36 pm Elnaerel ...Then the elven cleric eyes her ra-fighter companion. "You alright, Keg?"
Keg looks over. For a minute there I felt like I had been on an all night bender but I think I am good now. Whatever they have packs a punch but it doesn't seem to last long. Apparently it is harder on the jungle beaver than it is for a norse man.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#956 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

Keyon shrugs, taking another swig and stoppering his waterskin. "Don't blame you, mate. I'd not take a drink from some random elf in the jungle, either." He grins, keeping his movements measured and hands visible. He inspects the natives as they, in turn, inspect him.

"I do hope the spinners don't feel capricious today. And that our builder friends told these gents we might be in the area. Though judging from their demeanor, I'd say not."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#957 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Maybe because the builders left to the north, and these guys came from the south? :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#959 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Native Lands

The feeling out process of the elves and the natives remains civilized so far, the hunters paying close attention to any metal edged weapons while they search.

The man who Keg approaches mimics his movements back at him, pointing to himself and saying “Keg”. Elnaerel gets the same treatment when her new friend touches his chest and calls himself “Elnaerel”.

Keyon notices that these natives are equipped with only the bare necessities, carrying nothing but their hunting essentials. The three still near the river immediately get to work skinning and dressing the jungle animal. One of them is always watching the water while the others work.

Actions?

overall map:
Keg Woodwright 12/13
Elnaerel 10/10 0/3
Keyon 6/6

Return to “Completed Missions”