OOC Chatter

Radrabbit
Radrabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

OOC Chatter

#1 Post by Radrabbit »

This is for any OOC chatter that you don't need to talk to me in your private forum.

Since everyone is pretty much done, we can work on backstories.
I have a couple in progress working with the players.
As soon as we have all the characters ready to go and backstories at least mostly done we can crack on.
I'm Rad and I'm a Rabbit

Radrabbit

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter

#3 Post by Marullus »

Super excited for ALL of this. (But I think I said that already. :) )

I think I've already put backstory out there - anyone who needs more for a hook, or who wants to have pre-existing encounters with the Aarokocra in the mountains or with me personally, let me know. At this point I am expecting that I'm playing as an outsider (culturally) who has successfully linked to Sade the Wanderer to join the group. As he's a cleric of the All-Father (called Wotan in the setting material), I'm building out the interpretation and influences of how I'll use Northland (aka Nordic) themes.

I joined four extra games when the quarantine started, but they're all lagging to less than one post per week or two. I'm super-excited for this game and for Radrabbit's every 1-2 day move rate. :D I need SOMETHING to be unstuck!

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Paladin »

I have my little background blurb on my character sheet, so if anyone would like to glance at it say we've met in some seedy fashion or other, or perhaps worked together, I'm fine with that. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

Given 3 of 4's warlike past I would be less surprised if at least one character handn't been involved or impacted by the warlord he was serving 17 to 32 years ago :) Would be good for some in party tension. Though it might be 1 sided.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Enoch »

Kura (and possibly Sade) will have recently come up from the Southlands; if any of your smuggling routes run to Nuria Natal, you might have been our passage across the Middle Sea (particularly if Sade the spy is present; though Kura might have employed a smuggler for transport if Bastet guided him to).
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

As this is awesome, non-OOC Chatter, I moved the continued discussion over to here. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

Enoch wrote:At Einar's words, Kura turns his head to examine the bone weapon he's laid his hand on. He appears to be deep in serious thought as to the meaning of those words.
:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Enoch »

Bluehorse wrote:
Enoch wrote:At Einar's words, Kura turns his head to examine the bone weapon he's laid his hand on. He appears to be deep in serious thought as to the meaning of those words.
:o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Int 6, man. He's got a decent Wisdom, but sometimes things like metaphors and figures of speech confuse him. With his Wis, he's pretty sure the warning applies to him, but given that Int he's baffled by only steel was mentioned.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Paladin »

I was going to have Rodrigo try something, but thought better of it and deleted it. :lol: Don't wish for this to dissolve into a brawl. Got to put my thinking cap on.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by jemmus »

Shy hayseed Lothien, pretty much his first time in a tavern on his own, has had to speak up in public. I should have rolled a saving throw for that.

First meeting in a tavern dissolves into a brawl.... Would be a first, for me at least. The best laid plans of mice and men-- and poor DMs-- oft go awry! :)
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Marullus »

Devolving into a bar fight before the adventure even starts is a D&D tradition. They even published an official mini-game for it. :)

I am enjoying playing the Aarokocra so far. Being in a tavern is his literal conception of Hell. Loud, smelly, dirty, confined in a wooden box full of predators, no room to fly.

I am loving that Sade has collected the biggest batch of misfits - if the druid is new to taverns, that makes four of the seven characters that don't fully understand social norms! Probably why we are all impressed by the uncharismatic spy to begin with. :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

The fact that the unofficial leader of the party is a loner with an 8 charisma speaks volumes to the whole group.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Enoch »

In the best traditions of rpg groups since the dawn of history.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by jemmus »

Marullus wrote: I am loving that Sade has collected the biggest batch of misfits - if the druid is new to taverns, that makes four of the seven characters that don't fully understand social norms! Probably why we are all impressed by the uncharismatic spy to begin with. :lol:
Yep, four of seven definitely are misfits, or five if we include our dragonborn. It's a good thing RadRabbit invited someone to play a charisma character. :)
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, I can't wait to hear more about Qelnaar. :) I loved his intro. :)

Radrabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Radrabbit »

Just a heads up, if you ask something from your character's perspective,unless the others are aware of it I will respond in your private forum
I'm Rad and I'm a Rabbit

Radrabbit

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by jemmus »

[This isn’t OOC, but I guess this is the best place, so as not to clutter up the IC thread].

Here is one of the druid stories Lothien told 3of4.
“This story is called ‘The Peeper Found a Wife.’ I heard it at a druid campfire, from an old elf archdruid who must have been 500 years old.”

Hundreds of years ago, a young wood elf druid from right here set off on a solo Wisdom Quest. He would travel the forests, mountains, hills and plains, all the way to the sea, seeking to gain greater wisdom, understanding and power. He bid farewell to his kin and friends, and set off to the southwest.

He had traveled through the forest for most of the day when he came to the River Calroch, which you all know. There he planned to fish for a catfish or two for his evening meal. But as he approached, he heard female voices chatting and laughing. Wary of fey trickery, quieter than a mouse and stealthier than a mink, he approached the river bank, concealed. There he saw three elven maidens, bathing in the river, naked as newborns . One had long blonde hair, one had blue, and one had black. Each was lovelier than the other.

Well, our young druid couldn’t take his eyes away. Wanting to look just a little longer, but fearing to be discovered spying on the lasses, he wildshaped himself into a little rabbit and continued his peeping. Of the three wondrous beauties, it was the black-haired one that charmed his heart. He fell right in love with her, right there as a rabbit in the bush by the River Calroch. His little rabbit heart was fluttering so much that he didn't pay attention his big rabbit ears. With no warning a big, fearsome goshawk came diving in and snatched our rabbit druid right up, carrying him up over the river. There was nothing for it but to shape back into elf quick, or be dropped from a high height or be eaten by a bird. Which he did, to the goshawk’s great surprise, finding not a rabbit in her talons but an elf. She couldn't hold on, of course, and druid, fishing rod, pack and boots came crashing and splashing down into the river, right by the bathing beauties.

The blonde one cried out and ran away. The blue-haired one readied a spell of attack or defense. But the black-haired, startled, but being both kind and brave, rushed over to aid our submerged hero. Emerging into the air and finding himself in the grasp of the girl of his heart’s longing was like being in a dream.

Well, that druid was old Andreth there, sitting right here with us. And that young druid sitting there is his great-great-great-great or some number of greats granddaughter, descended from him and that kind, brave and lovely black-haired lass. We also call this story “Wisdom Quest to the River Calroch." Because that’s as far as young Andreth got before his heart carried him away.

“When I looked over to the old archdruid Andreth, he just smiled at me with mirthful smile and kind of winked.”
Last edited by jemmus on Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Marullus »

That's really cool, and I really want to see IC reactions. So, I made our own place for it. :)

Return to “Time of the Dragon (5e)”