Quest #27 "Detecting Snares and Pits"

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #27 "Detecting Snares and Pits"

#321 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

He flexes his tired arms, grabbing a tree and twisting his torso to stretch his cramping biceps. "That dwarf is like a fleshy anvil," he mutters, grimacing and working out the knots in his forearms. After a rest, he grips Drakkar gently and lifts once more for a final push ahead, carefully following their adept scout's lead and trying to move quietly and quickly.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by hedgeknight »

Fitz swats and spits, hacks and coughs as he plods along, fearing being eaten by snakes, lizards, or bugs! "Does anyone have a torch? At least that may keep the bugs at bay."
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#323 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Before we depart Max dumps his back pack on the ground. Pulls out the Hooded Lantern and a Flask of oil and hands it to Fitz.

Here this might help speed us along. leave the wick up high so it will smoke some. I don't have any torches. And yes Dex I will help Narramore carry Drakkar just keep your eyes open ahead of us.

He then puts the remaining stuff in his pack along with securing his shield to the pack in back to free his arms up for carrying.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#324 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nearly Dead Weight
Moonday, 22nd of Goodmonth
Morning, Warm, Humid, Very Buggy

Exhausted, the group ignores the huge lizards all together, deciding to press on through the swarm of bugs to make their way back to town. The slog through the deep, soft sand is difficult, especially while carrying a few extra hundred pounds of dwarf, but press on they must, despite the already late hour.

Fitz uses Drakkar’s torches to light their way, which seems to help keep some of the bugs at bay, but several of the tiny monsters continue to exact their annoying toll along the arduous, several hour trip. 1 dam each Ignoring any splashing in the water just outside their torchlight, while steering clear of the loudest screeching and growling coming from the tree line, the battered and bitten troupe miraculously arrive back in town without further incident, lucky to be alive and still in one piece.

It is nearly sunrise the next morning before they return to Beachtown, and in their dilapidated condition, the only thing on the minds of the explorers is fresh water and rest.

Actions?

Sir William Narramore 6/12 LOH
Cornelius Fitzenbell 2/8 1/1 RM, DI
Drakkar Deepcrag -2/11 (Unconscious)
Dexter Broadleaf 9/15
Maximus Fleetfoot 2/8 (C) 0/2 (MU) 0/1 CL, DM, RM

For anyone paying attention to such things, Daisy’s trip to visit the dwarves is happening the next morning, a little over a day from now.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"OK," says Dexter. "Miss Daisy's hospital is over there. If you two can get Drakkar over there, Fitz and I will get us all water." Dexter gathers everyone's water bags and bottles and heads for Marge's water storage. "Please, ma'am," he asks whoever is there. "We have a small group returned from the jungle, overheated and under watered. We're in pretty sad shape. Can we please refill?" As they fill the bottles and bags, Dexter looks at Fitz. "Speaking of pretty sad shape, little buddy, you look like you're ready to keel over. As soon as we finish with Miss Nalissa, you need to get some rest." Dex then gets Sir William's, Max', and Drakkar's filled water bags and skins back to them.
"There is no spoon."

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#326 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"Thank heaven," the big man says with a weary sigh. He looks around them to assure himself the others are accounted for, then carries Drakkar to the house of healing for care and treatment. "He hovers on the edge of death," the haggard knight says.

He looks to Dexter and takes his refilled waterskin with a nod of thanks. "Thank you for your unerring sense of direction on the path. We'd not be alive if not for that. And the same to you, Fitz." Narramore sends Max a nod of appreciation from one man of arms to another. "You're a brave one," he says with a tired smile. "Honored to have survived alongside you."

"Shall we rid ourselves of this goop now?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#327 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"Ready when you are, Sir William," Dex says tiredly. "Wow... do I look as bad as you guys look? That jungle kind of kicked us in the behind." The Halfling trudges toward the Hi-Lo.
"There is no spoon."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#328 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Thank You Sir Narramore. I will head to the water and scrub off this goop. Picking up his lantern and heading off with the others to clean up.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#329 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"Aye, friend," he rumbles. "I feel like I've been beaten head to toe. We all look a bit of a shambles, don't we? Let's go." He spares a brief prayer for Drakkar and, once the others are all ready, accompanies them toward the Hi-Lo.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#330 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Daisy's House of Healing is little more than a dirt floor, a few walls, and a thatch roof so far, still under construction and void of any furnishings. There is nobody there to take a new patient, so the dwarf will need to rest somewhere else. He never mentioned where he was currently staying to anyone in the group.

At this early hour, very few people are out and about, so the fresh water supply can be accessed easily. The Hi-Lo wont be open for some time, and no light shines from its interior.

Glad to be back in the relative safety of town again, the exhausted crew will need to wait a few more hours before finishing off any business.

As usual, time wont be tracked while you are in town, so go ahead and do whatever you need to do now that have returned. We don't need to RP your sleep sessions. :lol: Once the grey substance is dealt with, I will write up the XP reward for this mission.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter looks a bit sheepish. "I'm afraid my own place is gifted to me by my 'roommate', so I cannot actually invite Drakkar there. Anyone have a spare bed for him?"
"There is no spoon."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#332 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

I have a large tent with a hammock we can put him in, Dexter. I will heal him tomorrow morning. Let's get cleaned up. I have room for you too Narramore if you need some where to stay. I put the tent up shortly after arriving but never really settled in very well. we can put Drakkar in there and then clean up.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#333 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"My thanks," Narramore says in reply to Max and his offer of lodging. "I will gladly accept." He assists in transporting Drakkar once more, then makes for a bed, cot, or the ground in the tent. He's barely able to doff his armor before sleep takes him.

Once everyone has rested, he'll rejoin them, a bit less exhausted and freshly-armored.

I honestly can't recall if he was staying anywhere before they left. I don't think so. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#334 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Home At Last
Moonday, 22nd of Goodmonth
Morning, Warm, Humid, Very Buggy

After sleeping comfortably for a good portion of the day, with Drakkar and Narramore snoring soundly away in poor Max's tent, the group rises to a hot new day.

Doing their morning routines sometime in the afternoon, the group recovers a bit of health and are able to study and pray for their daily allotment of spells.

Drakkar remains unconscious, though even the surly dwarf looks a bit better than he did earlier.

Actions?

For anyone ready to jump back into another adventure, this group might be looking for aid. viewtopic.php?p=510563#p510563

Sir William Narramore 8/12 LOH
Cornelius Fitzenbell 4/8 1/1 RM, DI
Drakkar Deepcrag 0/11 (Unconscious)
Dexter Broadleaf 11/15
Maximus Fleetfoot 4/8 (C) 2/2 (MU) 1/1 CL, DM, RM

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#335 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

After setting aside a part of his day for prayer and contemplation, the knight feels orders of magnitude better than he did the upon collapsing in the tent. He examines Drakkar and smiles at the ruddy glow seeping back into the dwarf's cheeks. Narramore closes his eyes and places his hands on either side of the wounds on his companion's face. He bows his head and sends a silent petition to the heavens, seeking healing for a stalwart companion.

I'll use LOH on Drakkar and see if we can get him conscious.

He opens his eyes and watches intently. "Come on, my stubborn friend. Join us to finish our mission."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dex drops by Max' tent. "Well, are we ready to head over to the Hi-Lo and see about our payoff? I'm ready to wrap this up. I mean, nobody died, and that's wonderful, but we were about the sorriest-looking bone-bags I've ever seen when we got back to town." He looks everyone up and down. "Not that we're any prizes now, either."
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#337 Post by SirOwen »

And we have about 20 hours before 'Visiting the Neighbors' kicks off, right? Time for a little more healing?
"There is no spoon."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#338 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Max wakes up and prays for spells. Waits on Narramore to finish with Drakkar and I will cast a cure light on Sir Narramore.

[1d8] = 5 CLW

And once Dex shows up I'll cast one on him too.

[1d8] = 4 CLW

That is it for today. Tomorrow I will add 2 more.

OOC- Max would be interested but I need to get a suit of Studded Leather Armor to keep from wearing the Heavy Chainmail.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#339 Post by SirOwen »

I know time is pressing, but I'd like to get a final outcome on this before taking off again. Dex is less than 100 xp's to level, and I would feel better doing that before going all the way to the Native villages. :lol: :D
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#340 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 pm And we have about 20 hours before 'Visiting the Neighbors' kicks off, right? Time for a little more healing?
Correct.
SirOwen wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 am I know time is pressing, but I'd like to get a final outcome on this before taking off again. Dex is less than 100 xp's to level, and I would feel better doing that before going all the way to the Native villages. :lol: :D
This shouldn't be a problem.

Return to “Completed Missions”