The Hidden Way - A Second Expedition (In-Character)

Paladin
Cougbeav
Strider
Strider

Re: The Hidden Way - A Second Expedition (In-Character)

#41 Post by Cougbeav »

Juan the Elder

Juan walks up to Darion: "My friend, you took a nasty hit, allow me to heal you with the favor of my God"

If Darion allows it, then Juan holds his holy symbol over his wounds and prays for healing on Darion:

[1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Karaunios »

Sven first looks at the lights surrounding him with awe, then he recoils when he suddenly realises that he might be in danger. He doesn't trust magics and strange lights he cannot cleave with his sword. He grunts as he steps back. "By the gods! Have you seen this? Anyone can find an explanation to this?"
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Hadarai »

Josiah Belker

The young man shakes his head as he gathers up the rope he tossed to his companions, "The ways of magic are beyond me and I was never taught to read or write but the way the light encircled your head...you don't feel any different do you? Maybe these stones are used for something, like a guide or source of light if you finish the pattern?"
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Paladin »

Expedition Two - A sliver of moonlight...

All around you, the relative silence heralded by your sudden arrival slowly gives way to night sounds. Insects whir, hum, and click. Frogs croak and thrum. Bats, thankfully much smaller than those you encountered previously, squeak and flit back and forth overhead.

The world seems at peace here beneath the forest canopy, as if you're insulated from the havoc you faced in the sky.
The stones stand mute and grey before you now that their blue light has faded.

In the far distance, you hear a deep, throaty roar. Then another. The sound is miles away but serves as a reminder that nowhere beyond the spire is truly safe. Keep your wits about you.

Actions?
Last edited by Paladin on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radrabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Radrabbit »

Darion Tanor'Tass

"Thank you my friend." He nods to Juan as he is healed.
He turns to the sound of the roars, he sheathes his blades.
"I suggest we set a marching order before a creature falls upon us."
I'm Rad and I'm a Rabbit

Radrabbit
Cougbeav
Strider
Strider

#46 Post by Cougbeav »

Juan the Elder

"Whilst I can yield my holy mace in time of need, I be mostly a healing man and due to my lowly station and experience I bestowed my only healing until I rest, could I propose a rest before we venture forth?

I forgot how little power a cleric has at first level and I think we are going to be needing all the healing we can get
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Karaunios »

Sven

"Don't worry. I'll go at the front. My henchman Bob can accompany me. Bautista should give us some light from behind me. I'm sure he'll be able to hold a torch over my shoulder.

He looks around. We have to mark this place. I'm curious about these rocks. But I'm not gonna be the one that tries their effects.

I don't really know where should we head. If we're to find a place for settlement here, we better look for a place next to a river and better if it's on the top of a hill. It's not the best moment to do that, I reckon."
He looks at the dark sky, then around him, in case the trees would allow him to see anything beyond them.
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Hadarai »

Josiah Belker

Drawing his greatsword, Josiah steps up. "I can help guard the rear, we can have our less battle-inclined members make up the middle of our march so that they are suitably defended."
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Paladin »

While some of you prepare to move, your cleric proposes a rest soon to regain his healing abilities.

Sven peers into the gloom to find a way forward and sees nothing but forest. At least...for several seconds. Afterward, he feels a strange tingle race through him and his vision sharpens. He is suddenly able to see much farther and hear variations in the night sounds which were not present moments before. Smells assail his noise. Dried leaves, moss, fur and flesh. The tang of distant smoke. Animal trails which were not visible upon first glance emerge from the brush beneath his newly-enhanced senses.

His fingertip glows briefly with the same blue as the stone he touched.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Karaunios »

Sven looks at his hand. "Hey. There's something strange here. I notice smells and sounds way better than I would do normally. There's something strange about this rocks." He lays his left hand on the same rock he touched before and focuses his attention again in the surroundings.
Cougbeav
Strider
Strider

#51 Post by Cougbeav »

Juan the Elder

Juan settles into the middle of the marching order with his acolyte close behind.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Paladin »

Once Sven's hand makes solid contact with the stone, the world around him becomes a cacophonous deluge of sounds, smells, and crystal-clear visuals. He can hear insects crawling, hear the flutter of a bat's wings high above. He can smell wet forest loam and moisture on the breeze, as if there is rain coming. The scents of earth, various beasts--some easily identified and others a mystery to him--and the tang of smoke. He can see the moon is stark detail, the clouds sharply outlined by silver light. It swiftly becomes a plague, too sharp, too focused, too clear. A dull throb begins inside Sven's head.
Cougbeav
Strider
Strider

#53 Post by Cougbeav »

Juan the Elder

Juan hurries to Sven's side and grabs his shoulder to pull him away from the stone "Friend, I do not think we should touch arcane things we do not understand in this land!!

With his other hand Juan pulls out his holy symbol and brandishes it over Sven's head and calls upon his God for a blessing to help Sven.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Karaunios »

Sven will use the powers of the stones as quickly as he can to see if there's any used trail that might be unvisible to the naked eye, that starts from the place they are. Maybe that'll give the group a lead to where they could start marching.

As soon as he catches anything, he'll move his hand away. If he doesn't catch anything in five seconds, he'll move it away then.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Paladin »

It's been ten days since we've heard from our other two adventurers. Do you guys want to push on and see what lies ahead, or pack this one in?

I'm fine either way. Up for whatever. :)
Radrabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Radrabbit »

Darion Tanor'Tass

"I will take the second rank with my retainers."

(Sorry, I was watching the reaction to the stone.)
I'm Rad and I'm a Rabbit

Radrabbit
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Karaunios »

In another campaign I'm in, the DM usually moves the action each two days regardless of who posts and who doesn't, he NPCs the PCs that don't take any action that turn. If a player doesn't appear after a while, then their PC is elligible as cannon fodder :lol:
Last edited by Karaunios on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Hadarai »

Josiah Belker kept watch for any enemies approaching from the groups rear. "What'shappening Scen, what are the stones doing?"

Argh! Sorry guys I though I had made my post a couple days ago, the site must've dropped it.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Paladin »

Sven experiences a moment of clarity unlike anything he's ever felt before. It's as if time itself slows to a crawl and the terrain around them becomes bright as day. Light drops of dew echo as they drift to the ground. Each leaf on every branch rustles individually until a sea of dry whispers engulfs him.

The pain increases with the clarity, though, and just as it becomes nigh unbearable, Juan snatches Sven free and places holy wards around him.

The headache is blinding. Pain lances through Sven's head with every heartbeat. But in a flash, he sees in his mind's eye what the stone revealed--the remnants of an ancient road, long buried by sediment and vegetation. Not even the dimmest outline remains now, but the second sight granted by the stone told the tale of flagstone placed evenly beneath the soil. Ditches expertly laid on either side to drain excess water. The road begins some fifty feet from the stone circle and winds into the forest heading South and East. It is not visible to the naked eye, but Sven clearly remembers his vision and could easily find it.

Return to “Beyond the Black Spire (S&W)”