Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

Hadarai
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

#61 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Will pull the silver ring out of the bulls nose and remove the sheath for it's sword.

Anyone interested in a sword. Looks solid and should work better than those daggers.

He offers the sword to who ever speaks up. He also makes sure all the weapons are collected for later use or resale.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Faanku »

"Elven steel." Sei states confidently, brandishing the long dagger before Hargrim to decline his offer, then returning the blade to its sheath in her belt. "Though I believe I may assist you in disposing of that deer if it remains clear of the beastmen's taint."

The elf's demeanour has shifted subtly since the time on the coach, a little friendlier as she assists in collecting the conflict's meagre spoils. "This was a battle well won, friends."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

Halgrim, I have not used such a weapon before but after this encounter a lady cannot be to careful. She will take up his offer of the sword and recover its sheath, strapping it to her waist.

OCC: What kind of sword is it? Added to inventory.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#64 Post by gialloneri »

Eva looks around the site of the group's battle and recovers Bianca's now drenched and mud-caked blanket. "Thanks for the blanket, ma'am, but I don't think it's going to help now. Only shelter and a spot by a fire will do the trick. We should make haste up the road to reach the night's inn before this storm drowns us all." She starts trudging up the road in the previous direction of travel.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by ybn1197 »

With Bianca's help Brynmor will heft the deer carcass and start trudging through the mud to the Inn.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:
Faanku wrote:"This was a battle well won, friends."
Picking up one end of the deer, opposite from Brynmor, and starting toward whatever structure awaits them: Indeed, I agree, lets stick together, at least until we reach Nuln.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Hadarai »

After what seemed to have been an eternity of marching the party have finally come upon their destination, a crack of lightning illuminates the sign of a hooded thief sneaking against the backdrop of the moon hanging from the outside walls it reads "The Hooded Man Inn." Lights could be seen burning in the windows as you were approaching the inn from up the road now the view is obscured as you venture closer to the outer walls which stand about 8 feet tall and houses the main gate which is closed, the first person who tries to push the gate open finds that it is firmly locked. Further down the path you can see the river, which has become greatly swelled thanks to the storm, along with what appears to be a ferry and the ferryman's building.

The beastman's sword Bianca has claimed would be considered a normal hand weapon.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by VonAlric »

Nicolas

"Figures we got delayed and they locked the door. So, someone want a boost over the gate so you can let us in?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Faanku »

Sei stays quiet but surreptitiously watches her companion's eyes by the moonlight, to see if any of them betray any experience with such criminal behaviour.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Hargrim moves around to check for another way in. Maybe from the river. Is there a light on in the river house?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

Ay, let's see if we can find another entrance or door. She will go around the perimeter of the inn she come to another door/entrance.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#72 Post by gialloneri »

Eva moves to follow the dwarf towards the river house. "Right now, I just want to get out of this Sigmar-forsaken rain for a few minutes."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by ybn1197 »

Never one to skip the most direct approach first, Brynmor steps up to the gate and pounds on it with his fist. "Oy! Patrons in the rain seeking a warm bed for the night! And we have our own food for the inn keep!"

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Hadarai »

The pounding on the gate and Brynmor's calls recieve no answer save for the rumbling of some thunder overhead.

The two of you heading toward the ferry man's shack notice that no lights are on which would normally be odd but with the weather the way it is perhaps he took shelter inside the inn? You see a swing door obscuring the inside view of the shack as, you also see that the ferry is stationed on your side of the river and the winch used to pull it back and forth across next to it. A trail moving away from the river up toward another section of the outer gatem

Bianca moving along the perimeter of the outer gate finds another entrance that opens up a little when tested, a trail leads south from the gate toward the river.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

I think we go in but as a group. She will wait for the others before entering.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by VonAlric »

Nicolas

He nods to Bianca. "That should go without saying after that fight we just had with the beastmen. Who wants to go over or who will give me a boost?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

You should get behind me little lady. I have never been to an Inn were they make money from people and they won't answer the door. I want to check the shack first. There should be a light in there and a ferry man watching the other side of the river. You should get the others.

He then moves to the Shack and looks inside.

OOC- I have Darkvision.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#78 Post by gialloneri »

Eva stops short. "Little lady? You are no taller than me, master dwarf," and with a wink lost in the dark and the rain, "and I can assure you that I am no lady!"

Nevertheless, Eva takes up position safely behind Hargrim, clutching her club ready to do damage to any assailants.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Darklin2 »

gialloneri wrote:Eva stops short. "Little lady? You are no taller than me, master dwarf," and with a wink lost in the dark and the rain, "and I can assure you that I am no lady!"

Nevertheless, Eva takes up position safely behind Hargrim, clutching her club ready to do damage to any assailants.

Yes, My Dear but I have twice your girth and this Dwarven Shield will turn most blows. Well in my eyes a Lady you are until you prove otherwise.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by Faanku »

"When you two are quite done flirting, it's hammering down here." Sei's comment is accompanied by a wry smile that can be heard if not seen. "Lead on, dwarf."

Return to “Adventures in the Old World (WFRP, 1e)”