Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

Hadarai
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

#101 Post by VonAlric »

Nic

He nods. "Agreed. Something is amiss. Let's find an open door to the place. If not, someone climb over and open the door quick from the inside. Should be a door on this side of the place somewhere, right?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by Faanku »

"Lead the way then, dwarf."

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#103 Post by gialloneri »

Eva nods. "I just want out of this blasted storm to feel some warmth in my toes again. Whatever gets is to shelter fastest!"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Raises his shield like an umbrella and heads towards the banging sound. Leading his comrades through the dark with his Darkvision.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by ybn1197 »

Brynmor shakes some of the water out of hair and then follows the others.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#106 Post by Hadarai »

As Hagrim leads the group up the trail to the outer-wall's second gate you find it unlocked and opened with a simple push of your hand, from here you can see the interior of the walls and the Hooded Man's various buildings. Directly to the east of the gate is a one story building with a sign over it's large doubles doors that reads "Coach House", like the name implies this is where the coaches are stored separate from the horses used to pull them.

To the northwest you see a two story building with various windows illuminated while others remain dark, this building seems to be the actual inn proper, smoke can be seen emerging from the chimney in the faint moonlight.

Lastly is the two-story stable house and also the source of the banging you hear from outside the gates, those of you with darkvision can see that one of the shutters on the upper floor is flapping in open and shut in the strong winds. Eva with her Acute Hearing can also make out the sound that the horses are making inside the stables and they sound restless.

Go ahead and refresh your fortune points everyone!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

Which building? I think the main house might be of the most interest.

OCC: Fortune point restored.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Faanku »

"Indeed, sister. We should report the ferryman's demise immediately, lest we be seen suspect." Sei remarks as she makes her way towards the inn, pausing to frown at the storm clouds above. "This night bodes ill..."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Tiring of all the rain and lightning, Hargrim makes for the main house.

Damned rain is worse than bat shit in Karak a Karak in the middle of bat mating season. Rains constantly inside the main cave chamber. Let's make for the main house. Keep your guard up and eyes open. Still not sure what is happening here.

Ehh Lass Chaos is afoot tonight. This storm is almost unnatural.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by ybn1197 »

Brynmor loosens his sword in it's sheathe. The storm only worked to make him more agitated. All he wanted was a warm fire and a good ale. "The main house it is then."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

Pulls out here sword, feeling the comfort of the metal in her hands.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by VonAlric »

Nic

Slinging his bow over a shoulder and loosening the knife in the sheath, he follows the group towards the main house. "Hope someone in there will come back out and grab that deer we left outside the gate."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#113 Post by gialloneri »

Eva looks at the group brandishing their weapons as they move towards the inn. "This night bodes ill, I agree, but let's not make the folk in the inn think us bandits! Or worse! In this storm, simple countryfolk may mistake two elves and a dwarf as beastmen or some other monsters. Maybe let me speak to them first, they will not be scared of a small human girl."

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by Hadarai »

As the group approaches the inn light leeches out from the edges of the curtains drawn on at the front windows and the sounds of merriment can be heard inside. One of you tries to push the door open but finds it bolted, following up with a firm knock the sounds of laughter from inside turn to silence for a moment until you begin to hear the scraping of chairs and clinks of bottles and a few moments later the bolt to the door slides and is opened to the sight of an alarmingly fat gentleman. Taking up the entire doorway (and maybe even a little more) the rotund man looks at you with ab extremely surprised look on his face, "Oh my visitors!!! I didn't think anyone would be foolish enough to be travelling in weather like this especially at this hour...We're letting the rain in while we talk best come in, kick your boots clean before you do don't need anymore of mess being made. I'm Otto the owner of this here place there's a spare table over there by the fire."

The innkeeper directs you inside to the barroom along the wall to your left are a number of tables all put up for the night except for the last one closest to the fireplace. Sitting next to the fireplace in solitary chair is a middle-aged roadwarden, his tricorn hat hanging from the back of the chair he quietly smokes a pipe and observes the group as you enter. The awkward silence is interrupted by a loud thump from across the room and all eyes are directed to a young man with protuberant eyes behind the bar who is busy mopping. The innkeeper shudders and sighs before turning back to you "Right...I hope you lot aren't hoping to stay the night we're full up tonight with a coach party of esteemed guests who have just retired and I don't think they would appreciate waking up with your sort milling about." Otto's eyes dart to the two elves as tries to put some official finality to his words but his tough facade is broken up by his hands who are busily fingering the end of his apron as he speaks.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#115 Post by gialloneri »

Eva, true to her word, takes the lead. "Master innkeeper, you said yourself, the weather is dreadful. Why, I'm close to drowning just standing here in the rain! I'm sure you can find some room in this inn for us to put a roof over her heads. Plus, as I'm sure you're aware from the boathouse, there are bandits in the area and my companions here are more than handy with a weapon, should the inn need further defending."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Moves back to the front gate to retrieve the deer carcass for the inn keeper.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by ybn1197 »

Brynmor crosses his arms so as to reassure the innkeeper that his hand is not on his sword. He simply takes in the common room, looking for spaces others could hide if things were not on the level.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#118 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca

Sheathing her sword. Yes, something dreadful has happened in the boathouse and we just encountered foul creatures in a field not far from here. Something is amiss...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

About the time the conversation ends. hargrim bursts in with the deer Carcass.

Well dinner is here. I have a nice plump deer that will make some nice venison steaks. Is the chef in. he will know how to prepare it and everyone can enjoy it. We just saw it killed down the road before this Chaos Storm started driving this rain. Yee can't turn away travelers that feed your entire inn. That would hamper your profits and you know us Dwarves get attached to our gold.

He starts moving towards the kitchen with the deer.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#120 Post by Hadarai »

Otto seems to almost raise an objection before the crack of lightning grabs his attention and Hagrim returns with the deer carcass to the innkeepers surprise. As the dwarf begins to make way toward the kitchen the round man's face grows beet red and he finally interjects, "Stop right there! I don't know who you think you are but I won't be havings strangers, guests or otherwise, start acting like they own the place and strutting around without invitation!!!" The Roadwarden immediately rises from his seat and puts his hands on Otto's shoulders, "Now now Otto calm yourself, you know how your constitutions suffers when you get worked up. These folk don't mean any offense, they brought a gift after all did they not? How about you get them something warm to eat and a drink and we can cool our tempers hmm?" the man pats Otto's back and smiles warmly at the innkeeper.

A moment passes and Otto let's out a long shaky breath "Yes, yes...forgive me everyone it's been a long night. I'll be back with something hot to eat, I believe we still have a pot of stew simmering. Fagor, bring our guests some ale and then collect this venison!" The bug eyed young man quickly puts his mop and bucket away in the kitchen before returning to the bar and grabbing a round of drinks for the group and quickly serving them to the table before approaching Hagrim to take the carcass. Meanwhile Otto has disappeared into the kitchen and the Roadwarden has approached the group, he is a handsome man of average height with green eyes, chestnut colored windswept hair and a thick mustache that has been carefully groomed and curled at both ends. He is dressed in dark brown riding leathers with a white shirt and what looks to be a bit of metal underneath, most likely a mail shirt, slung on his hip is a pistol and sword in sheathe. He smiles at the group and then watches Otto until he leaves the room before sighing and shaking his head. "Hello everyone I'm Hans Jinkerst, Roadwarden assigned to these roads and I ask you please don't judge the man too harshly he's a very excitable fellow normally but especially tonight. As you've already seen the Hooded man has already suffered an attack by bandits at the river and the ferryman had been carried off, Shallya watch over him, I wanted to go after him but the inn needed to be secured and the storm had swung in full." The man quickly makes the sign of Shallya over his chest before speaking again. "After that Otto has been on edge, Fagor and I have been trying to raise his spirits you lot knocked on the door and gave him a fright. He was sure the bandits were back but I assured him that bandits don't knock...unless you are very clever bandits...which you aren't right?" Hans' tone is hard pin down when he raises the question, you can't really tell if he's actually accusing you or having a lark.

Return to “Adventures in the Old World (WFRP, 1e)”