The Red Moon Inn (OOC)

Hadarai
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Red Moon Inn (OOC)

#41 Post by Faanku »

OK, my character's up for review. If I missed anything, please let me know.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Hadarai »

Looking pretty good! But it looks like you movement score should be 4 based off of your rolls and you should have 75 bonus xp.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Faanku »

The 5 movement is the total after Fleet Footed.
I thought it was +50xp for stats as rolled and +50xp for taking the first rolled career?

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Hadarai »

Ah ok, I saw that you rolled three times for your career which is the 25xp bonus but I can see how my wording ambiguous so don't worry about it.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by gialloneri »

It's a small thing, but I changed Eva's background so she was born in Wuppertal in Averland rather than Carroburg, so it makes more sense that she'd be on the road travelling northbound towards Nuln.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Faanku »

Cheers Hadarai.
Pedlars start with a horse and wagon, but I doubt I'd have them present when travelling by coach. I was planning to have them waiting for me at Nuln (if we get there) instead, is that OK? Unless you can think of a reason I'd have a horse with me now?

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Hadarai »

Yeah having your horse and wagon waiting for you in Nuln is completely fine, I wasn't expecting a horse and wagon as a trapping when I made the post haha but we'll make sure you'll get it.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by ybn1197 »

Hadarai wrote:Oh no, Brynmor should be rolling 2d10+20 for WS and BS instead of 2d20 I totally missed that nice catch!

Too many fighters isn't really a thing in WFRP as far as I know so feel free to let the dice fly if you're going for random generation or pick to your hearts desire.
Sorry about that. Re-rolled and fixed. Been so busy working on telemedicine issues at work and then after hours I have been working with the attendings on other issues we can't cover during operating hours. People say they can't wait till this COVID stuff is over but I don't think things will be returning to normal for those of us in healthcare. I'm only IT so I'm not directly on the front line but I am in the clinic everyday.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Darklin2 »

I was looking through my 1st edition Rule Book the other day and was thinking about all the other editions of Warhammer Fantasy. Did it ever really get started in the states? I was stationed in Germany when I started playing but it was massive there. They had Gameswork Shop stores all over. I used to drive to Frankfurt after payday and buy a couple of new books and minitures. Think I still have them somewhere. Know I still have several boxes of Beastmen that I never built. I may just have to find them and put them together for some painting. Anyone know if Games Workshop still has shops in the US?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Hadarai »

Oh yeah we've got a couple peppered all over here in Southern California and I think that they're more popular on the east coast too, add to that all of the FLGS' around there is tons of Warhammer to go around. 40k still reigns supreme but Age of Sigmar has been gaining ground from what I've seen locally before the pandemic. I'm not sure if Games Workshop stores will still have WFB boxes available still since they converted that line to AoS but it doesn't hurt to look.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Darklin2 »

No need to go looking for a while. I just found my old hobby bin. I have 3 full Chaos Beastmen Tribes (20 each) that I haven't built. Two Dwarven Army kits of 20 dwarves and several others. Beastlord Shaman, Beastlord and Dwarven Catapult and Runesmith. And a full Beastman Army kit of 50 beastmen. Fun times ahead.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by spanningtree »

I think it would be suicide to take this hunting party on, thoughts everyone?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#53 Post by gialloneri »

Oh yeah, Eva's cheesing it out of there as fast as her little legs can carry her.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim the Dwarf sneaking away with Mail Shirt and shield and drawn sword. All I can think of is John Belushi in Animal House running around sneaking through yards in his Toga in plain view. :lol:
Last edited by Darklin2 on Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by VonAlric »

Well, glad I already had my bow readied. Wonder how many others suffer the same fate?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Hadarai »

Who knew dwarves could be so sneaky!? :lol:

Don't forget you have fortune points to reroll with and they will replenish! Or you can take a point of corruption for a reroll as well.

Also VonAlric while the roll would still come up shot you would get +20% for having rural silent move and concealment.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Hadarai »

Looks like everyone has made their actions, I just wanted to make sure noone wanted to try a reroll with their fortune points before I post an update tomorrow. Let me know!

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Faanku »

Out of interest, how dangerous is a group of 2 beastmen and 3 mutants to a group like ours anyway?

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Darklin2 »

Faanku wrote:Out of interest, how dangerous is a group of 2 beastmen and 3 mutants to a group like ours anyway?
In my experience with WFRP it all depends on the die rolls. I had a game where 5 of us a Human Wizard 1, Human Protagonist, Elven BodyGuard (me), a Dwarven Tunnel fighter and a Human Cleric held off 10 beastmen and 2 Chaos warriors. We were beat up but the beastmen and warriors all dies.

I ended up with a Breast plate with Armor Rune and a Magic Sword with +20% WS so the Warriors were pretty tough. I think the Wizard was the only one who got knocked out from a crit.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Faanku »

Yeah, I've heard plenty of stories about how fickle and lethal this system can be. Hopefully we get some interesting dice this campaign.
On another note, how proactive do you want us to be with rolling things?

Return to “Adventures in the Old World (WFRP, 1e)”