OOC Discussion

Paladin
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion

#21 Post by beniliusbob »

Alright, spells chosen and ready to go!

I'm planning to run all three characters at once, but if that's a weird vibe for anyone, let me know and I can just roll with the MU.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Paladin »

I was giving the character sheets a quick once-over. For the most part, I rely on you guys to check your math and police yourselves. I'm not a number-cruncher.

Edit: Thanks for the quick corrections, guys. Y'all are on it. :D

I'll continue looking through the others and let you know if anything needs adjusting.
Last edited by Paladin on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Paladin »

Also, give the house rules and setting threads a glance before you post, once we're rolling. And character generation. I've added more kits, house rules, etc for your perusal.

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Odin One Eye »

Paladin wrote:I was giving the character sheets a quick once-over. For the most part, I rely on you guys to check your math and police yourselves. I'm not a number-cruncher.

I was looking at Valkur, and his STR bonus should be +1 to-hit and +1 damage. The universal attribute bonus/penalty is only one, even for very high scores.

Unless I missed something, which does happen. Feel free to chime in and let me know. :D Sometimes you have kits or bonuses that I don't remember.

Siegfreid and Haldin have a starting HP of 5. Everyone begins with 6 plus bonuses, and I saw no penalties on that character. Make sure you don't cheat yourself of a point. :) You'll need 'em...

Robern has 0hp listed.

I'll continue looking through the others and let you know if anything needs adjusting.
Character sheet updated.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Paladin »

Thank you sir. :D Looking good. I play S&W Complete also...so the bonuses and HD look more like 1e or an OD&D+Greyhawk game rather than the bare bones we're using. It's easy for me to get tripped trying to shift gears.

First post in our new thread is up. Everyone choose your character(s) and jump in as you please. You may sort out your acquaintance, or lack thereof, with the others in the thread. We'll fall into a good marching order, also.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Paladin »

I want to make something else very clear before we get started.

Characters are going to die. It's inevitable. And making new ones takes a while on the Unseen Servant roller where it would take only 5 minutes in person. If your character dies and you'd like to re-use the same basic character and just change the name, that's fine. Just delete any XP, loot, or items and we'll drop you in somehow.

Or...if you want to jump right back in with fresh stats and a name, that's also fine. You can flesh the character out over a couple of days as we play. I'd rather you have fun playing than be stuck redoing characters constantly.

Also keep in mind--I don't fudge rolls. If you die, it isn't because I've decided I don't like you. Or your characters. I use a LOT of random tables tailored to my setting to determine events, so I'm just refereeing the action. In large part, what happens to your characters is a result of your actions in-game.

If you ever feel that I'm biased or judging unfairly, inbox me. We'll straighten it out. (And your next four characters will die horribly. :twisted: ) Kidding...kidding. Or am I? ;)

Game on. :D

Cougbeav
Strider
Strider

#27 Post by Cougbeav »

Hi Paladin,
When our PC dies, how do you want us to let you know what our new character will be? Do you want us to PM you, use the OOC folder? I plan to have several PC's rolled up in advance and that way I can jump back in right away. Once we notify you of our new PC(s) should we wait until you introduce the new PC to the group such as, "You notice that there is a halfling locked in the prison cell who likes like they would like to join the party" or something like that.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Paladin »

Yeah, just PM me and I'll intro the new PC. Once I see who sticks around, we'll set up private forums for each of you for that purpose and for other private communications.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Paladin »

Couple more alterations on the character sheets. Haldin will have an AC of 2 with plate and shield.

Same for The Violet Chaplain.

Vamstar will have AC 3 with plate.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Paladin »

I've got us a post ready. Just waiting to add Valkur's part before I put it up.

In the meantime, I'd like to get a count of folks who feel like they'll be sticking around. I'm going to put in a request for private forums so we can discuss things more easily than in PM. Y'all sound off here if you'd like a forum set up.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Karaunios »

Got a new character. Just tell me when he's good to go and I'll start rolling his actions!

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by beniliusbob »

I'm not going anywhere, but I don't know that I need a private forum at this time.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by beniliusbob »

I may need a private place to weep, however.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Paladin »

Sometimes I need to share information that is better seen by one character. It's more to keep me straight. :lol:

But feel free to shed bitter tears there.
Last edited by Paladin on Sat May 02, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Paladin »

Karaunios wrote:Got a new character. Just tell me when he's good to go and I'll start rolling his actions!
I'm planning a second party to leave soon. You're welcome to throw in with them or I can work you into the current party. Up to you, my friend.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Paladin »

Siegfreid is on a hot streak! :lol: Maybe you should retreat and let him have it.

I think the fates have abandoned most of you. Fortunately, they've largely neglected me, too. I've had some awful rolls. Don't know if I'm pleased or disappointed. ;)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Karaunios »

Paladin wrote:I'm planning a second party to leave soon. You're welcome to throw in with them or I can work you into the current party. Up to you, my friend.
With the second party is fine!

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Karaunios »

Paladin wrote:Siegfreid is on a hot streak! :lol: Maybe you should retreat and let him have it.

I think the fates have abandoned most of you. Fortunately, they've largely neglected me, too. I've had some awful rolls. Don't know if I'm pleased or disappointed. ;)
Man, sometimes thoes rolls are painful. I can't remember a single good roll for any of my character here on US since last year :lol:

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Paladin »

Thanks to a few good rolls from our most recent posters, the remaining three are dead. Congratulations on (mostly) surviving your first battle!

Return to “Beyond the Black Spire (S&W)”