[013] On to Damkina

ffilz
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [013] On to Damkina

#121 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Breaking eye contact to admiringly take her all in he then casts his weapons aside and, closing the distance between them, takes Vee in his arms “For such folly on my part I believe immediate penance is the only solution”.
Vee laughs. "I'm glad that you have that glibness, I fear you will need all of it in the near future." She smiles up at him. "I love you, Gauvain. May whatever gods are out there help me, but I do."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Meanwhile, back in the dinning room, Cmdr. Taheri has just gotten up from the last of her coffee, when the comms unit buzzes. She sees Ana and Sara walking through with purpose, and decides she should follow them.
Any idea what this is about? she asks them.

As a new person, I assume Ayanda would not have been invited to join in the report. If she was, ignore all of the above. She will listen and await orders.
SpinwardMarch

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#123 Post by Ramona »

I do not know but I’m certain his lordship will have some flowery speech ready to go,” Ana says irritably as she pulls on her jacket, her hand shakes slightly as she goes to do up her buttons, she shakes her hand.

Ekki tími fyrir þig.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#124 Post by lenusmars »

Sara smiles at Taheri. "She needs coffee."
Ramona wrote:“I do not know but I’m certain his lordship will have some flowery speech ready to go,” Ana says irritably
"I think he's probably won half his battles by speechifying the other side to death." She chuckles.

"You rang, milord?" She chirps when they step into the room with Foix and Vee.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

She will get Ana a large cup of coffee before following them to the Comte. It is always good to keep superior officers placated. They are less likely to get upset or do something rash.

When they reach their destination, she says,

Ana, coffee. And hands her the cup.
SpinwardMarch

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Ramona »

Ana takes the coffee, "Thanks, I appreciate it, you wouldn't happen to have a bagel hidden somewhere? We're both kind of starving."

She points to Sara and herself.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#127 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

No, I do not, but I can go back and get several. She walks back to the breakfast room and fills a plate with bagels, toppings and several knives, and then goes back to the meeting room.

She hands Ana the plate, I brought a variety, and some toppings, as well. I hope they are what you wanted.

She salutes the Comte. Reporting, sir.
SpinwardMarch

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud says to the assembled company “I understand the Comte is delayed by an important matter of House business” and checks his watch, again. “Perhaps another coffee?”

At this the double doors to the meeting room are thrown open and Foix enters accompanied by Vee. He wears House Foix livery and wears his sword and pistol belted at his waist. He also wears and entirely satisfied expression.

“Officers, comrades please forgive the delay. I have just received word that Lysette Eloise is on Hara seeking allies among the Heikkinen family. The Heikkinen control Tristor and run Hara as a client state. They could uncharitably be described as a coven of witches and have interest in matters psionic”.

He continues “Although this information may seem trivial I believe it tells us much. Lysette Eloise would not need to gather support if she were not marshalling her forces for a confrontation to contest the Domain. The fact that she is making such preparations then adds weight to the assumption that she has decided to take matters into her own hands”.

“I propose to move on Tristor and secure the loyalty of that system while reinforcing and holding Arthiop. Whatever information we gain on Tristor will enable us to manoeuvre towards Shedezar or Hara. Your thoughts please”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#129 Post by Ramona »

Ana takes the bagel from Cmdr. Taheri and smiles, "Thanks."

"Have you considered sending an envoy and talking to her?" Ana asks taking a sip from her coffee.

"Gods know she is probably as painfully aware as we are that the Imperium is pulling back from the frontier en-mass leaving all of the vassal states out here on their own. It is possible that she is simply doing what you would do because she took on a portion of your psyche? Shoring up the defenses of the realm."

"More to the point, is she even aware that you're alive?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by joertexas »

While the others talk, Vee uses her datapad to pull up the latest news for Tristor and Arthiop, filtered for anything directly related to the Imperial pullout.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by ffilz »

Nothing in the news feed from Arthiop (which notably came in with you on the Kiara Surabi).

A Navy Patrol Cruiser has moved from Tegel to Hara. Also something about a derelict Scout ship from Klerkenwell being re-activated or some such. The report on that doesn't actually make any sense.

The civil war on Cheapside is getting worse but no where near as bad as Tegel.

Cracks are starting to show at Merkab also.

There's also a note from Ludgates that a prominent professor has left the university there and there may be some connection to psionic activity.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Is there news of anything significant? She asks Vee. Also, how am I to address you while working? Must keep protocol, she thinks.
SpinwardMarch

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by joertexas »

SpinwardMarch wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:03 am Cmdr. Taheri

Is there news of anything significant? She asks Vee. Also, how am I to address you while working? Must keep protocol, she thinks.
Vee smiles. "Vee is fine, unless we're having to observe some official protocol." Vee turns her datapad so Taheri can see it. "It seems that the threads are coming unraveled."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Tiglath »

Ramona wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:48 am "Have you considered sending an envoy and talking to her?" Ana asks taking a sip from her coffee.

"Gods know she is probably as painfully aware as we are that the Imperium is pulling back from the frontier en-mass leaving all of the vassal states out here on their own. It is possible that she is simply doing what you would do because she took on a portion of your psyche? Shoring up the defenses of the realm."

"More to the point, is she even aware that you're alive?"
Foix replies "I am my own envoy. If Lysette Eloise has not heard news of my death I believe she will assume I am still alive. Perhaps Hara will yield more news".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:03 pmFoix replies "I am my own envoy. If Lysette Eloise has not heard news of my death I believe she will assume I am still alive. Perhaps Hara will yield more news".
"Do we have more to do here, first? Vee asks. "If not, then I concur that we should go to Hara."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Ah, thank you, Vee.
Taheri looks at the data pad. Lots of small but odd occurances, especially the reports about the scout ship and professor. Ships don't generally repair themselves and "reactivate." It doesn't sounds like it was a completely derelict. The professor... the Comte mentioned the Heikkinen family have an interest in psionics. Perhaps a connection?

What should I know about Hera, in the military sense?
SpinwardMarch

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Ramona »

"She is on Hera, or so your man says and what is it do they say about a man who represents himself in court?" Ana frowns.

"Part of being a leader is delegating, sending people to do things for you. You can not be everywhere at once and do everything yourself nor should you be putting yourself in harms way recklessly."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Tiglath »

Foix eyes Ana levelly and replies "Negotiating with a coven of possibly hostile witches is a task sufficiently dangerous that my instincts were to perform it myself. I believe I would also have an amount of protection from Lysette Eloise. Unless you have you someone in mind to send in my stead I suggest we get to Hara and then open negotiations via a commlink".

"You are right Ana but if the Heikkinen are minded to take an independant path it is my duty as Comte to deliver the leadership that brings them back within the Domain. These further news items may turn out to be separate parts of the same event".

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”