[013] On to Damkina

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: [013] On to Damkina

#101 Post by Ramona »

Sternum's the bone in the front that your ribs join to. I'll reply after my 100km drive to work today. =)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Sternum's the bone in the front that your ribs join to. I'll reply after my 100km drive to work today. =)
FWIW - I read this as they are face to face.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Leitz »

joertexas wrote:FWIW - I read this as they are face to face.
Same, since she leans back and looks her in the eyes.

Am I old enough for this stuff? :P

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by joertexas »

Leitz wrote:
joertexas wrote:FWIW - I read this as they are face to face.
Same, since she leans back and looks her in the eyes.

Am I old enough for this stuff? :P
I'm certainly not :P
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#105 Post by lenusmars »

Sara is also all of 5’ 1. I though Ana was rather tall. 5’9” to 5’10”. But I can adjust if I’m mistaken.
ETA: Yep, went back to my first mention. Sara is 153 cm or just at 5 ft tall.
ETA: Ah, I understand now, at first it sounds like she’s embracing Ana from the back. I see the confusion. Edited.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#106 Post by Ramona »

I don’t deserve you, or any of this Sara,” Ana replies with a sniff wiping her eyes with one hand.

In her minds eye she the little girl in the blood soaked flower dress on some rain soaked field of mud on Lorrissia, the boy who tried to run through a wall of incoming fire on Danika, and Elaina’s broken naked corpse cast into a corner of that cave like so much trash. Ana closes her eyes, as tears begin rolling down her cheeks.

An ancient dust covered voice in the back of her head chides her, *Krákar gráta ekki dóttur mína.*

*Í rigningunni eru tár þín ósýnileg, elskan mín,* a younger voice replies.

Ana lays her cheek on top of Sara’s head and holds her tight, “I, I’ve, no one’s ever seen me cry before, I’m so sorry.” Ana sniffs wipes her eyes again and says with a forced laugh, “ Someone once told me that in the rain our tears are invisible, consequently I do some of my best crying in the shower.

She leans back and looks at Sara wiping her eyes again, “You probably thought something else was going on, nope, just me freaking out over something beyond my ability to control.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Damn. Drama for breakfast. PTSD sucks.
I guess I should feel fortunate that watching ships being blown apart, or being unable to fix tech breakdowns are the things that haunt my dreams.

She returns to the quiet comtemplation of her breakfast, thinking about those ships...
SpinwardMarch

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#108 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:Ana lays her cheek on top of Sara’s head and holds her tight, “I, I’ve, no one’s ever seen me cry before, I’m so sorry.” Ana sniffs wipes her eyes again and says with a forced laugh, “ Someone once told me that in the rain our tears are invisible, consequently I do some of my best crying in the shower.

She leans back and looks at Sara wiping her eyes again, “You probably thought something else was going on, nope, just me freaking out over something beyond my ability to control.
Sara looks up at Ana, compassion shining in her eyes. "Crying is okay. Healthy even. You don't have to hide it, especially not from me. Don't dismiss your feelings as unimportant either." She shakes her head slightly and sighs. "You know, I try to keep an open mind about different planetary cultures. It's a professional thing, but I have to say that rock you're from is really starting to piss me off."

She steps back, but not enough to lose contact and offers a small smile "But if you want to finish crying in the shower, I can come wash your back for you."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by Ramona »

"My mother used to tell me my emotions were just getting in the way, that they would cloud my judgment and slow me down, cold dispassionate, impartial. She was such a bitch."

Ana snorts, "You should try living there, you think you're pissed off now."

"You're already clean and dry sweetie, it might be nice to have someone there though. The last person I cried in front of died in my arms, not really sure if that counts."

Ana heads into an extravagant washroom larger than the stateroom they share on the Kiara Surabi. She turns on the water, slides out of her exercise leggings leggings, steps inside leans against the wall before dropping to her knees and beginning to cry in earnest.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#110 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:"You're already clean and dry sweetie, it might be nice to have someone there though. The last person I cried in front of died in my arms, not really sure if that counts."

Ana heads into an extravagant washroom larger than the stateroom they share on the Kiara Surabi. She turns on the water, slides out of her exercise leggings leggings, steps inside leans against the wall before dropping to her knees and beginning to cry in earnest.
Sara bites her lip, staring after Ana as she goes, overwhelmed by all the trauma Ana has experienced. After a closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she follows.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by Ramona »

Ana cries for a full fifteen minutes and when she’s done she’s utterly spend. She lays there in the warm water for a another ten minutes before getting back to her knees. She looks at Sara reaching out and taking her hand, “Thank you, it was nice to have someone to share it with for once. I’m sorry you had to cry too, it’s not fair, I should be stronger, I shouldn’t feel these things, I shouldn’t ... I don’t know.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by ffilz »

As breakfast is wrapping up, a middle aged gentleman in a Marine body suit (what you wear inside battle dress) comes into the room, spying Foix, he heads straight over and bows appropriately.

Comte, I must apologize for not coming to you when you came in last night, I have been out on the plantation conducting a training exercise and we were observing radio silence. When I heard that you were on premises this morning, I came straight in. Can we go somewhere private to talk?

I'm going to assume you do so, feel free to add any folks you want. The Lady Alicia would certainly join

I have credible evidence the Lady Lysette is on Hara seeking support from the Heikkinen family. The Heikkinen family is a small noble house that is one of the houses of Tristor, they also control Hara as a client state. They are a matriarchal family with about as much disdain for men as some very conservative families disdain women. They have been known to dabble in psionics. Most of Tristor is TL 8 but the Heikkinen family is TL 9. With all the rumors I have heard about psionic activity in the area, I fear they might seek alliance with other psionic groups and seek a psionic coup somewhere. I know you came through Sheddezar, did you encounter any psionic activity there?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Tiglath »

Foix acknowledges the marine's bow and, weighing his response momentarily, then replies "It is no matter. You did what was right".

He listens intently to the report his left hand dropping awkwardly to his waist - he then clasps both hands behind his back.

He says "Thank you, I am most grateful for your report - please take some refreshment. I will have orders for you momentarily".

Foix is unreadable as he states fixedly out into the manicured gardens of the plantation house. All that's clear is that he's not seeing any of the beauty there. He lets out a small breath catches it, masters himself and with a word commits "Merde".

Foix turns about and commands "Officers, five minutes! Somebody find Captain Kelley and get her to the Baroness elect - I need her now".

He makes to leave, heading for his quarters and dragging off his plain civilian cotton shirt in the process. His haste reveals the body not of a man of peace. Numerous small scars decorate his torso the most obvious being an ugly old scar drawn along his rib cage.

Perhaps surprisingly the Comte de Foix also wears a lot of ink. His right bicep bears a wreathed skull with the slogan Legio Patria Nostra, his uppper left chest bears another motif with II R.E.P. and what looks to be triage details but as he turns for his quarters a large masterwork tattoo is revealed on his back. An angel of death stands against an artfully blended backdrop featuring both dense jungle and a ruined urban terrain. She holds a scroll bearing names, ranks and locations.

Another surprise might be that the angel looks like an “airbrushed” or stylised version of Ana.

(OOC: And heartfelt thanks to ffliz for the update! :D )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix acknowledges the marine's bow and, weighing his response momentarily, then replies "It is no matter. You did what was right".

He listens intently to the report his left hand dropping awkwardly to his waist - he then clasps both hands behind his back.

He says "Thank you, I am most grateful for your report - please take some refreshment. I will have orders for you momentarily".

Foix is unreadable as he states fixedly out into the manicured gardens of the plantation house. All that's clear is that he's not seeing any of the beauty there. He lets out a small breath catches it, masters himself and with a word commits "Merde".

Foix turns about and commands "Officers, five minutes! Somebody find Captain Kelley and get her to the Baroness elect - I need her now".

He makes to leave, heading for his quarters and dragging off his plain civilian cotton shirt in the process. His haste reveals the body not of a man of peace. Numerous small scars decorate his torso the most obvious being an ugly old scar drawn along his rib cage.

Perhaps surprisingly the Comte de Foix also wears a lot of ink. His right bicep bears a wreathed skull with the slogan Legio Patria Nostra, his uppper left chest bears another motif with II R.E.P. and what looks to be triage details but as he turns for his quarters a large masterwork tattoo is revealed on his back. An angel of death stands against an artfully blended backdrop featuring both dense jungle and a ruined urban terrain. She holds a scroll bearing names, ranks and locations.

Another surprise might be that the angel looks like an “airbrushed” or stylised version of Ana.

(OOC: And heartfelt thanks to ffliz for the update! :D )
"Does Ana know how much you care for her," Vee asks as she watches him change. She was intimately familiar with his ink and his scars, although she'd avoided asking about them. He had told her a few things, but nothing about the angel. She was no expert on post traumatic stress, so she didn't want to cause Foix to have problems, especially during these times.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#115 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:Ana cries for a full fifteen minutes and when she’s done she’s utterly spend. She lays there in the warm water for a another ten minutes before getting back to her knees. She looks at Sara reaching out and taking her hand, “Thank you, it was nice to have someone to share it with for once. I’m sorry you had to cry too, it’s not fair, I should be stronger, I shouldn’t feel these things, I shouldn’t ... I don’t know.”
Sara squeezes Ana’s hand. She’s mostly been perched on the edge of the tub, stroking Ana’s back and head while she cried.

She smiles at Ana, wiping at her own eyes for a moment.

“Keeping it in isn’t strong, love. It just poisons you. I think you were overdue. Hell, you probably have a backlog. And the ‘shoulds’ can sod off too. That’s your mom talking. I’m here for you no matter what.”

Sara’s stomach growls loudly. She rolls her eyes, smiling. “I mean I’m here for you provided I don’t starve. Why don’t you finish up and we’ll go find something to eat.”

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by Ramona »

Ana smiles at Sera and kisses her hand, "Thank you."

She gets up and squeezes the water from her hair before grabbing a towel for it and another one for herself, "My back is so sore this morning and crying is an amazing abdominal workout, almost as good as being violently ill."

It takes her a good 10 minutes to get her hair mostly dry before she can start working on the rest of herself, by then her com's unit is buzzing frantically from the bed side table. Ana glances at it and ignores it as she heads to the closet.

The com's unit begins to buzz again, Ana covers her eyes and groans, "Ó fyrir elsku guðs," she mutters, "Go away! I'm not even dressed yet."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"Does Ana know how much you care for her," Vee asks as she watches him change...
Foix answers “We’re soldiers and old comrades – so, of course, we don’t talk about it!”

He strips off his civilian gear and dons his liveried House Foix ship board wear, sword and pistol. He states “Ana and I are two sides of the same coin. Generals are like radioactives - too much of us in one place isn’t necessarily good”.

She smiles fondly and then candidly admits “I wanted her when I was younger” he grins “and moreso when I couldn’t get her - I was ever a petulant child. In fairness, she did actually explain she liked women but, alas, I was too drunk at the time to pay proper attention. Fate toys with us both. We moved on from the jungles of Lorrissia. Ana was lost in cold sleep until they found her low berth again and I continued with my career. It was when I was recovering from Lorrissia that I met Lysette Eloise”.

He sighs “Then Hessia – another campaign already gone so badly wrong that they sent for La Legion. The siege was bad – no logistic support but, outnumbered and short of everything, the Legion fought on. The fanatics breached the wall and it looked like the end. My Paras were in reserve behind First Legion Infantry at the breach but their Command Post had gone with the wall and so I went forward”.

“Then, as the fanatics began their assault, it happened. Teenage soldiers who had come through the jungle with me and were now veterans saw a figure in the breach bright and untouched by the years. There was Ana - La Flamme defying the dark!”

Foix is clearly minimising his role as he continues “Well, just as my dear comrade and I were reunited in the breach about a thousand fanatics arrived!” He smiles “Didn’t I say Fate was unkind?”

“Ana and I held the breach for a little while. It was hard fighting but then La Legion arrived! My magnificent Paras charged through First Infantry and the Infantry joined in! It was at about that moment Ana was hit. When the fanatics broke at the breach their army faded away. Ana saved the City and all in it”.

“In the aftermath, with everything in ruins, people looked to lay blame for the earlier failures and searched for unknown answers. Mysticism took something of a hold even in the Legion. Ana, La Flamme, became La Sainte. They were dark times after the war. “Le Cafard” - garrison fever set in and duels were too common”.

He broods a moment, then making the connection he gives a sad smile “That’s La Sainte with those dead comrades that I carry on my back - not Ana. The memorial is the Legion’s - a lot of Legion art from the time bears her likeness”.

"To answer your question I certainly care for Ana and all her endearingly sharp edges". He smiles "But I'm sure Sara is much better equipped to love her which is what I believe she needs to hold her together. I am happy for them both".

He resumes “I need Ana now because I am the Domain and the Domain needs a Warlord – Ana is both that and much more. The Domain also needs the Legion. While some of them might follow me, certainly my Paras, I will need it all and La Legion will follow La Flamme who became La Sainte at Hessia”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He resumes “I need Ana now because I am the Domain and the Domain needs a Warlord – Ana is both that and much more. The Domain also needs the Legion. While some of them might follow me, certainly my Paras, I will need it all and La Legion will follow La Flamme who became La Sainte at Hessia”.
Vee dabs at her eyes and smiles crookedly. "So, you are the Domain, and Ana is a Warlord. I agree that Sara and Ana are good for each other." She tilts her head as she looks at him. "All I am is a spacer girl, who's spent half her life in hyperspace, who's never set foot in a school, and who has, or had, no social standing whatsoever. Are you sure, really sure, that you want me, and not someone -- much -- better qualified?" She holds his gaze unflinchingly, her expression solemn as she awaits his response.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Tiglath »

Foix holds Vee’s gaze with his piercing blue eyes as he gathers up his sword and pistol. “I am indeed the Domain and so I must put myself and those I hold dear in danger to protect it. That is my duty as Comte. However, I am other things too: an ex Legionnaire, a memorial to the honoured dead and a wiser man than I once was. I now understand that I can not do this alone. You state your many qualifications as if they were somehow negatives but ... you forgot to mention you are the woman I love”.

He pauses in his martial preparations and giving Vee a certain smile says “It seems I must have been sadly lacking in my attention for such an important detail to escape you, no?”

Breaking eye contact to admiringly take her all in he then casts his weapons aside and, closing the distance between them, takes Vee in his arms “For such folly on my part I believe immediate penance is the only solution”.

(OOC: :roll: )

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#120 Post by Ramona »

A few moments later Ana comes walking down the hall into the dinning room dressed in a navy skirt, black boots, and white blouse, her long hair is pulled back in a ponytail and is still damp, she's carrying a blue jacket in her hands and is wearing a pair of shoulder holsters. She looks both worn down and irritated at the same time. Sarah is close behind her.

"Where's his lordship gotten himself to?" She asks whoever remains in the room, "Can't a girl have a few moments to sort herself out anymore?"

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”