game discussion

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

game discussion

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Lets discuss what we thought of the game, how it went, the good, the bad, the ugly.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: game discussion

#2 Post by wolfpack »

I thought for a 1st time it went ok.

It took you guys a lot longer to get to discovering it was the well you wanted to go t than I thought it would.

there were a few times that I was bombarded by several people with questions when trying to already answer someone. I am not the fastest typer and already don't spell well when I'm not in a rush lol

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

I thought it went very well. I am not a fast typer and also a bad speller so totally get it. I thought you did well, lots of stuff coming at you. We had the well earlier and then decided to walk away, almost had it then, I should have listened to my gut then. I had a great time and would love to do it again.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by redwarrior »

Agree with Rex. Excellent. I wish we'd figured out the well sooner, as well (no pun, ah heck with it). When the janitor told us about it, we should have figured it out. Maybe not when everyone at the bar mentioned it maybe, but definitely when an unrelated NPC did.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

the idea is the people at the bar mention he stops at the well. then if you question any of the people a the buildings near the well the say they have heard strange noises.

you guys checked the well, almost explored it, then just left town never talking to people in the buildings around it

at least that is the expectation in the module

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by ravenn4544 »

I think it went well - excuse the pun. The best laid plans and all that - you can never predict whats going to happen! A few clues here and there if needed are okay to steer a party back if needed.

The harder thing about chat is that if there are multiple conversations going on (like at the bar). Just think how long that scene would have taken in PbP! months probably :). It went fine. Folks need to be patient and i think everyone was.

All in all it went great and the length was good. For my time zone and general life schedule that's about the latest/longest i can do. We had a perfect stopping point also which was good.

Good job!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It was good typos and all. Sure there were times we all were typing questions at once, I think that is merely a drawback to using text chat. Honestly if we ever decided to start using voice that might help with questions and not all of us asking the same thing or multiple things at once. But yes we covered more in one chat game session than a week of PBP would cover.

Sure certain dual area conversations did add a level of confusion in the chat but I think that it still worked out over all. Some of this would be less chaotic in a pbp setting or voice chat (possibly).
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

I wouldn't have a problem with voice chat, but I doubt it would prevent talking over each other since you can't really see each other. We do a lot of Skype meetings for work and it happens all the time.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

Voice won;t work for me. I play in the living room and just doing type doesn't bother the wife but voice would.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It was merely a suggestion not saying it would fully stop it, even teachers in a staff meetings talk over each other, even in person or video/voice chat.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by spanningtree »

It was interesting and I do appreciate being given the chance to participate. I cannot say that chat based role play is something I would do again in the future. Thanks again for the opportunity.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

spanningtree wrote:It was interesting and I do appreciate being given the chance to participate. I cannot say that chat based role play is something I would do again in the future. Thanks again for the opportunity.

no problem thanks for playing!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by ravenn4544 »

what you guys thinking of chat rate? I don't think i could do every Saturday but 1-2/month would work for me.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I could probably pull off every week but 1-2 times a month also would be doable. I suppose it all depends on if things ever go back to how they were in the world.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

yeah, while this lock down is going on i could do every saturday. once its over in the summer it will be more sporadic because my daughter plays tournament softball

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Once or twice a month is better for me. Maybe I can get away with more right now but can't guarantee it.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by wolfpack »

So what is the consensus? how was the game last night?

I thought it went smoother.

i also thought there were some epic moments. Grog being swallowed whole by the frog, then the next round cutting his way out. And oak getting hot with the double damage form the osquip that damn near killed hi for good with a single hit.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by ravenn4544 »

went great i thought - especially the timing of the rolls! :)

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by redwarrior »

I loved it, the session had a really good pacing to it. And I think it was just the right amount of challenge for a 1st level party.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

We also didn't bombard the DM with conversational questions of NPCs so yes I think it went smoother and we fell into more of good pace/flow.

Return to “Wolfpack's Chat Game (1e)”