OOC

ybn1197
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC

#121 Post by Lance »

The description if the rent-a-cop lacted a certain "you hear his heart pumping the only thing that could sate your thirst. You see his veins bulge with the red ambrosia, beckoning you" or something :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for some much needed camping/hunting. This will be through the 25th and every weekend through mid-December. I will update as more weekdays get added later on. I may be able to check in once or twice depending on how things go but don't count on it. Feel free to NPC my character so I don't slow things down.
Thanks and good gaming,
Rex

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by shaidar »

Have fun!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Rex »

Thanks!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by shaidar »

So, I was planning on taking 'blush of health', is this something a vamp learns to do or just an affect of their particular transformation?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:10 pm So, I was planning on taking 'blush of health', is this something a vamp learns to do or just an affect of their particular transformation?
Blush of Health (2pt. Merit)
You look more hale and healthy in appearance than other vampires, allowing you to blend with human society much more easily. You still retain the color of a living mortal, and your skin feels only slightly cool to the touch.

This is a merit so you can purchase it at any time you would like as long as you have the points to purchase it. That would mean either spending 2 freebie points at character creation, having 2 points in flaws to trade for the 2 points in merit, or develop it over time and in game play (translated as spending xp.)

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#127 Post by Gremlin »

I don't have the rules in front of me right now, but I believe you can also spend a point of blood to look mortal for a scene?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by shaidar »

I see. So I'd kept a few points back for vampire creation, and my plan was at vamp creation take 3 points of flaws (I'm thinking 2 points from vengeful vs the second inquisition because of Laurel plus deep sleeper) and get this as a merit.

So from what you've said, in this case it would be an innate part of his transformation.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:37 pm I don't have the rules in front of me right now, but I believe you can also spend a point of blood to look mortal for a scene?
If it's not a V20 rule, it certainly was in the Second edition and I use it in my games. So yes, you can spend a blood point to have "Blush of Health" for 1 scene.
shaidar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:38 pm I see. So I'd kept a few points back for vampire creation, and my plan was at vamp creation take 3 points of flaws (I'm thinking 2 points from vengeful vs the second inquisition because of Laurel plus deep sleeper) and get this as a merit.

So from what you've said, in this case it would be an innate part of his transformation.
I'm ok with that. Go ahead and make the changes to your character sheet.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by shaidar »

Thanks, I've updated his sheet with the final character generation options I was going for: merits/flaws up to date and the last few points spent on his generation.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by Lance »

I'll be honest I have a hard time entering my character's brain space. I'm ok with the veteran rocker, and the fresh but confident vampire, but this transitory stuff is a bit challenging.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#132 Post by Gremlin »

Lance wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:08 pm I'll be honest I have a hard time entering my character's brain space. I'm ok with the veteran rocker, and the fresh but confident vampire, but this transitory stuff is a bit challenging.
It's definitely a challenge. I haven't had Julia stop to really think about what's happened to her yet. She's just been in full survivor mode, so that's minimized the introspection so far.

Looking at his Nature and Demeanor, Odin seems like he's usually a pretty optimistic guy who likes to have a good time. But obviously waking up a vampire has left him very disoriented and not acting like his usual self. Which is completely fair, of course.

As far as character sheets go, it hasn't really come up yet for Julia but I'd been intending to go ahead and use her vampire sheet. I'm not sure when we should start to track our blood pools, though. Other than being hungry, I don't know where Julia is at for blood or if I should even be tracking it at all yet.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by shaidar »

Like you guys I think Leo is not stopping to think about it much, when we get a room, feed and rest then that will change. But he's a rebel and a thrill-seeker so I think he's riding the danger rush. Which raises the question do vampires get an adrenaline rush, and what does an adrenaline junkie do when there is no more adrenaline? Become hooked on the rush of feeding?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#134 Post by Lance »

Feeding is another thing. I feel like trying to score coke at a police station with no idea how to take it afterwards. XD

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by ybn1197 »

There are 2 ways we can play it out. Easiest, we can roll dice. Or we can play it out. Most people prefer the dice and call it done.
The dice method, For each hour the vampire spends searching for human prey, allow the player to make a roll against a difficulty based on the area in which the vampire
hunts. The Attribute and Ability combination used should correspond to the method by which the player describes the character’s hunting technique. For example, Appearance + Subterfuge might represent a lusty tryst at a nightclub that ends in one of the lovers slaking her thirst, Stamina + Athletics would suggest a harrowing chase across a swath of city parkland, and Wits + Streetwise might be interpreted as a deadly game of cat-and-mouse. This area is a slum neighborhood (aka 'The Rack' in vampire parlance.) DC is 4.
Do you want to throw dice or play it out? This will be a majority vote.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rex »

Dice seems to be the easiest so it gets my vote.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by shaidar »

dice sounds good to me

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#138 Post by Lance »

Let's go with dice this time around, maybe we'll get more comfortable later. :)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dice works for me. But I second Lance.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#140 Post by Gremlin »

In the table top Vampire games I've played, we usually roleplayed the first hunt/feeding to really drive the point home that the PCs had become vampires. After that whether we roleplayed it or just use dice was generally a time/pacing thing. We didn't want to bog the game down by roleplaying every time the characters needed blood, but would occasionally roleplay it if it wouldn't distract from the story at hand and we wanted a reminder that yes, we were vampires. Sometimes we would do kind of a hybrid of the two, where we would roll dice for hunting and then play out a short scene that reflected the results of the roll.

I don't mind playing it out however you like here. One nice thing about play by post is it's easy to split off a separate thread for any scenes that don't involve all the players. I will say that in general dice is probably the way to go just so we don't get bogged down in roleplaying every hunt, but I wouldn't mind roleplaying it occasionally. With that in mind I'll vote for roleplaying just to reflect that playing it out could be nice once in a while, but with the understanding that I do think dice is the way to go the majority of the time.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”