Character Sheets

ybn1197
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Sheets

#21 Post by Lance »

Rex wrote:William Wildes. Please let me know what you think and if I messed something up, first time with these rules.

Spear [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 to hit [1d6] = 1 damage
You definitely messed up that spear attack :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

OOps, not paying very good attention and playing in lots of games. ;)
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by Gremlin »

Just so you know, I've finished the concept and stats for my character (Julia Sandoval) but I won't have time to finish writing up the details until late tonight or tomorrow.
SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by SeaSaltSong »

So, since I'm new to pbp this is my first roll as a test, did I do it right?

Firearms (Dexterity 3|Celerity 0|Firearms 3) [6d10s6] = 1

I realized the roller isn't super dynamic, so you can't get complex with 3d10s6+3d10s6 or anything unless I missed something. I was trying to keep the stats separate but failed so i resorted to just putting what they were in the text before the roll lol

EDIT: Actually, how do we do failures? Since 1s take away, and can potentially give us negative
Characters
Lasombra, Sister Hannah || Baltimore by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary
Wood Elf Druid, Kythaela Jadewind || Adventures in Manor Hills -- DnD 5e

GM
Orlando by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Lance »

SeaSaltSong wrote:I realized the roller isn't super dynamic, so you can't get complex with 3d10s6+3d10s6 or anything unless I missed something.
I bumped into this as well.
SeaSaltSong wrote:EDIT: Actually, how do we do failures? Since 1s take away, and can potentially give us negative
That is a very good question, because [6d10] will get summed...
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by ybn1197 »

SeaSaltSong wrote:So, since I'm new to pbp this is my first roll as a test, did I do it right?

Firearms (Dexterity 3|Celerity 0|Firearms 3) [6d10s6] = 1

I realized the roller isn't super dynamic, so you can't get complex with 3d10s6+3d10s6 or anything unless I missed something. I was trying to keep the stats separate but failed so i resorted to just putting what they were in the text before the roll lol

EDIT: Actually, how do we do failures? Since 1s take away, and can potentially give us negative
You are right. The die roller here is not robust enough. Luckily, I have used a more robust one in the past. I need everyone to create an account at https://orokos.com. The roller there is more capable of running die rolls for White Wolf games. Using your example, you would describe your dice pool in Description field so I know how you came about that pool size then roll would be xd10ty, where x is the number of dice in your pool; d10 tells the die roller to roll 10 sided dice, t is the target or difficulty, and y is the actual difficulty number. The only thing this macro does not do is subtract 1's from the total successes but since the rolls are robust, you can manually account for them.
Screen Shot 03-11-20 at 01.59 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-11-20 at 01.59 PM.PNG (26.09 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by ybn1197 »

And, if you click on bbcode after you roll the dice, you will generate a link that is usable on this forum to track back to.
SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by SeaSaltSong »

Will do. There is also rolz.org which allows it to calculate the removal of 1s automatically as opposed to manually. I know you can set up a dice room to so the rolls are public, not sure on if it supports BBCode

Nevermind, the linking to forums option i saw was for their forums, not external
Characters

GM
SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by SeaSaltSong »

The register link for orokos is not easy to find for some reason, if you're having trouble HERE it is
Characters

GM
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ybn1197 »

SeaSaltSong wrote:Will do. There is also rolz.org which allows it to calculate the removal of 1s automatically as opposed to manually. I know you can set up a dice room to so the rolls are public, not sure on if it supports BBCode

Nevermind, the linking to forums option i saw was for their forums, not external
Yeah, it does exactly what we need but it is limited to their site and I would rather not have to look back for every roll. Until something like this comes along with a bbcode link, we will use Orokos.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

We could do it like we do in Starbeards L5R game which has exploding dice.

Test [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 8 =20
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Lance »

Rex wrote:We could do it like we do in Starbeards L5R game which has exploding dice.

Test [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 8 =20
My character could potencially roll 8 dice at the same time which I'm pretty sure would be beyond the max length. See this topic:
http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9588
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Yup, been using the roller for some time. I generally just do a max of 4 and keep hitting as many as I need. Since the roller saves all previous rolls they just pop up again and you can edit a previous, just takes a couple of seconds at most.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by Gremlin »

Okay, this is what I've come up with. Nothing is necessarily set in stone yet so feedback is welcome. :)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2144416

Here's what she pretty much looks like, and her most obvious tattoo.
Attachments
Julia - small.png
Julia - small.png (87.62 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Julia - sleeve.png
Julia - sleeve.png (62.61 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Lance »

I bass player, huh? Noted. :)
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#36 Post by Gremlin »

Indeed! Seemed like a good way to explain where her dot in Resources comes from and why she's in Baltimore. I didn't want her to be a native of the area since I am not familiar with the city beyond what I've seen in The Wire, so it's easier to roleplay a character who is also learning the area.

Having something in common with another characters is also a bonus! Julia isn't as good or experienced a musician as Odin, but she might be a better lyricist (she has that one dot in Expression).
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Lance »

Gremlin wrote:Julia isn't as good or experienced a musician as Odin, but she might be a better lyricist (she has that one dot in Expression).
Odin would say that it doesn't matter as long as the music is good, than would proceed to write music to whatever she made up. ;)
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Gremlin »

I forgot to post Julia's theme song!
strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#39 Post by strawberrey »

My new Channing Jin [Mortal] sheet. I went ahead and edited my original post with it as well in case we have any newcomers come in to quickly peruse our character sheets, they won't be confused by the old sheet.

Channing is no longer a skateboarder. She works at the club we're all starting in as a bartender. She's pretty good at it, having been an alcohol connoisseur from probably a bit too young of an age, but her real passion is art. She has a few contacts with some of the street gangs in Baltimore, but she's not involved herself. It's more like "I almost dated that guy" and "my good friend is dating an important dude in that gang" kind of connection. She's got a Rogue exterior with a Curmudgeon interior. So she acts like she's only out for numero uno, but really, she likes people, just always assumes they are going to screw her over. And her future clan is Ravnos.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Lance »

strawberrey wrote:Channing is no longer a skateboarder.
I don't know why this bothers me. But it does. RIP

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”