OOC Thread

#1 Post by sirravd »

Here's the OOC thread!

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Thread

#2 Post by Bluetongue »

Have started character creation. Don't know why the link to place the character sheet 7468 doesn't' appear to work. All my macros can be traced via the roller anyway.

Have gone with basic human fighter named Harker.

Question: If I can choose animal trainer as a skill and have enough gold pieces to buy a guard dog companion, can I do this? I fancy a mastiff type bulldog will a good aide for me.

sirravd

#3 Post by sirravd »

Yes! I'd treat the bulldog as a 1-1 HD "monster" retainer and give them a +2 bonus to morale. Trouble is that he might make noise in a dungeon, but perhaps in the Kingdom there's a breed of bulldogs bred for dungeoneering?

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Bluetongue »

Ok. Maybe my animal trainer skill gives me basic functions to teach him to 'fetch', 'attack', 'guard', 'sit'. And as level improves I can add additional skills (subject to wisdom ir intelligence check? Me or the dog? ).

Am trying to edit my sheet but currently only get a white screen when I press the tab.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Bluetongue »

The 'War' dog described in the AEC creatures section is a 2+2HD animal. For 25gp, can I buy / choose one of those?

sirravd

#6 Post by sirravd »

Sure can. I'll just say he starts out with all the skills/commands you listed.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Bluetongue »

Thank you.

I will edit my sheet when I can load it. I have a problem which I raised in the help forum. I was editing my sheet then pressed update. After that when I go to the sheet I just get a blank screen but from the die roller forum I can still use search, macros, roll stats, even archive or create new characters. I can edit other characters but something seems to have happened to Harker's sheet so when I press the sheet tab nothing appears. Am on mobile, hope problem will solve when I get on computer.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Lance »

Hi!

I started working on my half-orc thief on the Unseen Servant, but my rolled stats got gobbled up by the system. (I might have pressed Nay instead of Aye, second language and all that.) Should I type in the stats I rolled (a pretty bad array of: 7,5,12,13,10,9) or just try rolling again?
?

Edit: I has since managed to roll a 1 on HP :D Do we get full hp at first level, or maybe reroll 1s and 2s?

sirravd

#9 Post by sirravd »

If you strongly dislike the stats you can reroll them, though I'd much prefer you keep them as-is. Makes better rolls all the more exciting! Remember what Holmes says––no such thing as a hopeless character.

No, HP at 1st level are rolled as-is.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Hadarai »

Same thing happened to me as well Lance it was weird, now I have STR:5 INT:9 WIS:12 DEX:11 CON:10 CHR:12.

I haven't swapped any stats but I'm thinking I'll just keep everything as is and go with a human cleric. He's so physically weak he'll probably be more of a friar than a traditional armored cleric.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Hadarai »

Brother Blaive is ready to explore the Barrowmaze, for how long I can't say though! :lol:

Let me know if anything looks off for his sheet though.

sirravd

#12 Post by sirravd »

sheet looks good :)

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Lance »

Re: do we know eachother

I say we should, just to speed things up. :)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Hadarai »

That sounds good to me, I figure we could start by discussing our options on how to tackle the maze.

Also GM I had forgotten to roll for Blaive's secondary skills so I took care of that and got 3 skills but I did roll the same skill twice.

Should I just keep the skills I have or reroll the duplicate?

sirravd

#15 Post by sirravd »

reroll duplicate

ginnymack
Strider
Strider

#16 Post by ginnymack »

My rolls..

Stats: STR:8, INT:13, WIS:13, DEX:6, CON:15, CHR:11

I'm going to keep these numbers as is. I'm seeing a hardy soul, a mage I'm thinking, somewhat heavyset with an oval face, plain yet humorous. The slight tips of her ears hidden largely by her dark reddish hair are the only indicators of her having elvish blood. Yep, welcome to Salihn, or simply 'Sal' by everyone who knows her.

Hoo-wee! That's all I can muster. 14 hours on shift today and this girl is going to bed. I'll keep working on Sal.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Lance »

Someone with a more arcane persuasion is more than welcome. ;)
At this point our gang is looking quite fragile, with the thief and the two clerics having 4 hp among them. :D There was at least one more person interested, hopefully they'll roll high STR and CON. :P

sirravd

#18 Post by sirravd »

There's always cannon fodder henchmen! ;)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Hadarai »

That's what I was thinking! Luckily Blaive got sanctuary as his random spell so hopefully he can cower his way to second level and make something of himself :lol:

sirravd

#20 Post by sirravd »

Clerics can prepare any spell they want from the clerical spell list

Return to “Barrowmaze [LL AEC]”