Rider of Rohan

OOC Chat

#1 Post by drpete »

Let's talk.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: OOC Chat

#2 Post by Scott308 »

I'm sorry, everyone. It's been busy here and I haven't really had time to read the rules and learn a new system. I'll try to get a character made at some point.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by drpete »

Hi Scott!

No worries, hope all is well.

My recommendation is to not worry terribly about the system or stats at first... look over the dark secrets and disadvantages and see if something inspires you. You mentioned a veteran... a guilty addict, or one who is depressed and haunted? :)

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by rossik »

where can we post our pcs?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by drpete »

Hi Rossik, welcome back!

We have an active character creation thread going here, and there is a character sheet thread here.

I'd encourage you to start with the list of dark secrets and disadvantages, in this thread with character creation material here.

It's my hope that we can get you and Scott rolling relatively soon (if possible), so that we don't delay the game indefinitely.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by drpete »

Hi folks!

My “goal” is to start things rolling about Monday. It’ll start gently, and I can adjust as people get up to speed, but we have two people about ready to go and two that don’t seem to have much progress, yet.

Mike and flesh,

What I still need from you are two “dramatic hooks”... Things you would like to have your character do. We will be starting in your characters’ lives. What kind of thing would you like them to be doing? Do you want to focus on something in the prison, or something in their personal life?

Some words to go with this...

Finish.
Reveal.
Tell.
Visit.
Complete.
Confront.
Investigate.
Develop.

If you can accomplish the goal, it’ll earn you xp so don’t go too meta or far reaching.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by thenewflesh »

Just to clarify, you're asking me as player, not me as character? (My agendas are quite different from Bobby's...)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by drpete »

Yes indeed. It's a *player* thing... from the rules:

A dramatic hook is a player request for their character to take a certain action during the story. During each game session, each player should have two dramatic hooks for their character. At the beginning of the first session, the player gets to choose two dramatic hooks on her own. In later sessions, the PC receives dramatic hooks from the other players and the GM. At the end of a session when she’s fulfilled a dramatic hook, she asks the other players to think of a new one.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by thenewflesh »

I think I want Bobby to confront some prisoners. Physicality is what makes him, and I definitely want to see it in order to get a better sense of who he is.

And I want to develop the relationship with Nancy, and see what happens when them and his kid Fred.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by drpete »

Pre kicking off, I'll need a schizophrenia roll from Bobby. That'll potentially give me some "ammunition" as we get started :)

I put "instructions" for how to roll the dice in the rules thread. Hopefully it'll be clear enough...

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by thenewflesh »

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by drpete »

Ooooook.... this seems like a good situation to start with :)

Schizophrenia overtakes you. The GM takes 3 Hold.

The GM may spend Hold to make a Move for your schizo-phrenia. For example, one of your hallucinations takes on physical form, you view your current surroundings as being hostile to you, you’re afflicted by terrifying halluci-nations, you’re subjected to dark visions (true or false), or someone in your vicinity turns out to not actually be real.

mik
Runner
Runner

#13 Post by mik »

Awesome - we’re under way!

And now I (of course) have questions. :)

Does Finn know which cell and which prisoner the Warden is referring to, or do we need to play out that conversation?

Sorry - not sure how much detail you want to get into, or how much we should just assume (or make up as we go along).

The joys of PbP. :)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by drpete »

We can assume you know about the basement where the isolation cells are, and which one he's talking about. If you have any questions, or want to bring anyone down to do the work with you or something like that, go ahead. Once you go down there, I'll tell you what it looks like :)

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by rossik »

sorry im a little lost. what i am suppose to write now?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by drpete »

Hi Rossik,

Glad to see that you are still interested. The first stage for you would be to create a character. Then we can progress toward getting you into the game. I'll start a special character creation thread for you, so that we can keep track of that conversation.

Here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=875&t=9601

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by thenewflesh »

And we're off! Just give me a day or two to get my life under control again.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by drpete »

No prob! I'm hoping to do some separate, and some "together" threads, as we go along... card games/ domestic stuff, or work things where you are together, etc, but for the moment, things are independent... this can facilitate new people (rossik?) still coming in, or just general issues getting started :)

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by thenewflesh »

Since you own my schizophrenia, is this voice familiar?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by drpete »

Indeed. You have been visited by this voice before. It is very critical of you, and beats you up, verbally, when things don't go your way. You can, generally, talk to the voices you hear, if you want, and they often respond, though you know this freaks the people around you out.

I'll try to blur the "reality" of the things you might sense from the real world, your schizophrenia, your mark, and any supernatural phenomena.

Return to “The Forgotten (Kult: Divinity Lost)”