#341 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og agrees with an evil grin. "Let's see what trouble we can get into there!"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

#342 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

She scrambles to exit the tomb, shuddering at the last words of the damned below.

Once out in the square, she starts to settle down, keenly aware of the cold sweat dripping down her back. The common song about the priestess fills her with familiarity and hope. "Either way. Both are preferable to back there."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#343 Post by tibbius »

It seems like you're settled on the warehouses.

You take the quick route to the warehouse district. Do you bring with you the glowing staff?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#344 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Hey, Xara, does that staff have anything carved into it- a word or phrase to turn it on and off, perhaps? Otherwise, anyone have a pouch or something we can cover the light with so we can slip through the city a little easier? I'd hate to have to leave the staff behind, although if someone recognizes it as having belonged to the priest who is now dead- well, missing, anyway. No body means they can't prove he's dead. But if it is recognized, it could still put us in a bad spot.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"Here you can use my robe to cover it if you can't stop it from glowing."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#346 Post by tibbius »

Wrapping the staff in Lathi's robe (what else is he wearing?) you proceed without incident through the starlit streets to the warehouse district. At Raven and Bracelet you find two guards sitting with their backs against the locked warehouse door. They are snoring.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Braccae (some type of drawstring trousers) and a tunic (hip length, short sleeve).

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara examines the staff, checking to see if it has just had light cast upon it or is something else. I'm guessing she can see the off-gassing of a light spell.

She looks around at the warehouse. "Are there any other ways in?" She whispers to the others.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#349 Post by tibbius »

It's just a light spell, with the tell-tale moon-white glow and evanescence of little particles drifting from the slowly crumbling head of the staff. It should probably fade out soon.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#350 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Let's find out. Ishbak will begin walking around the warehouse, looking for unguarded doors or windows.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by tibbius »

There are several windows along the hundred-foot length of the warehouse, long and narrow openings up near the roof. They have no apparent barriers to access, aside from being skinny to get through. Ishbak thinks that if he made a good vertical jump he could grab the sill of a window with his upstretched hands.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Whispering, "Do you want to try and boost me up?"

Scott308

#353 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

I'll give you a boost, mate. Ishbak cups his hands to act as a step for him. Do you have a rope to help others got in?

Sorry, I was thinking Xara instead for some reason.
Last edited by Scott308 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"I have 50' of rope."

Acrobatics [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10

Lathi is male.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by tibbius »

Ok - roll a DEX save DC 12
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Rex »

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#357 Post by tibbius »

spikes embedded in window sill [1d6] = 1

Ishbak easily boosts Lathi up. As the ascetic's fingers grip the sill to haul himself up through the window opening, he feels a sudden sharp pain. There are spikes protruding upward from the wooden sill - probably to prevent birds perching and pooping there. The spikes cut his fingers before he reflexively releases his grip and tumbles back to the street below, landing crouched on his feet but bleeding from his hands.

take 1 hp damage and disadvantage for a while on any roll that requires gripping something
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og asks "Nice try - any other ideas? Do we want to take out this guards and go in that way? It's our stuff in their right??"

Scott308

#359 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Yeah, I've got an idea. Maybe we shouldn't have had the monk try to break in when there's a proper criminal in the group. You wanna be a good chap and give me a boost? It's not all our stuff in there, but if we're gonna get our share, might as well get the best stuff before someone else does. Ishbak takes the rope and knows to avoid the spikes along the ledge.
Last edited by Scott308 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#360 Post by tibbius »

The pirate's experience teaches him that a nicely rolled cloak or blanket would work fine to cushion the birdspikes, which should be only an inch or two tall. Anyone have one of those?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”