Quest #26 "Wet Rays Of Sunshine"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #26 "Wet Rays Of Sunshine"

#301 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife looks at the quarterstaff. "Why yes, I believe it will do. I mean, in a pinch. It's not a traditional Gnomish walking stave of course. And it's certainly not the one that dear old uncle Humbert gave to me on our last walk together. Before he drowned. When the mine flooded. The very next day". The Knife looks sadly out to sea at the disappearing speck that was his previous walking stick.

"But yes, it will fit the bill. I mean, we don't want my knees to give out at a crucial moment do we? And no offence, but you tall folks have a habit of walking rather quickly. Or rather, you walk longly. I have to walk quickly to keep up with you."

"And of course, it is poor old Jinx's. Why am I griping so much eh? It would be an honor to carry it".
The Knife looks at it again and turns it end over end a few times. "Er...is there a correct end to this? As I said, I'm more used to a traditional Gnomish walking stave..."
Last edited by Jernau35 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife also takes a look at Jinx's armor, wondering if armor made for a 3'5" female halfling will fit a 4'0" male gnome.

There's got to be a chance, right? ;)

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#303 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Well try them on, that's the only way you'll know" Feanol says to the inquisitive gnome. "But, lets have the gold so we can split it up while you try on the armor."

"200 gp's cut 4 ways would be 50 each."
Once the Knife produces them Feanol will split them up.

"If he can't fit in them, then maybe the two of you can take your new found fortune, and use them as a bit of barter to get the armor you need to replace?" She says to the two eyeing the extra goods.

Turning to the knight "Sir William, I'm sad to hear of your departure, but know that you have friends here should you need any assistance"

Then she'll put her share in her coin purse.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#304 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

The young elf straightens his clothing and adjusts his new gear, sparse as it is, and accepts his share of the payment. "I need to find armor and a sword," he remarks, scanning the town. "Along with a few odds and ends. Anyone have an idea where to look for armaments in this place?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"Gnngh! Hrrh! Gaah!" says The Knife, trying to fit into Jinx's armor. "What's that? Somewhere to buy things? Well, that I don't know. But if there is a tavern or inn here, somebody there will tell us where we can buy things."

"And...we've made two boat trips, killed and captured rays, buried Jinx, made dwarves angry and escaped from angry dwarves. I'm starving".

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel "Yes, sir William. Good luck in your endavor, but don't hesitate to ask us if you need us. Sure we can lend a hand. After all, we're all in this island together. And I'm sure a man of honor and faith like you surely are has come here for a worthy cause that ought to be supported. Farewell."

To Keyon. "I don't really know where you can get any gear here. I guess we'll have to ask around. We're already famous in this town." She cracks a smile. "But again, I'll offer myself as a voluntary to get The Knife's things back. I'll worry about going to the tavern or store, if there are any, later. What say you?"

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#307 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

"Yes, it's been a hell of a day. Leaping into the sea after elf-maidens determined to drown themselves is thirsty work." He sends Feanol a playful wink. "Lead on, fair Elnaerel. We've a task to bend our backs to." He grins down at The Knife struggling with Jinx's armor.

"Ever see a butcher overstuff a sausage casing?" Keyon chuckles. As his laughter fades and they go about their business, he looks to his comrades. "Despite what that old buffoon aboard ship said, I never ran away. When I slipped overboard, I swam beneath the ship to emerge under the dock. I began shouting for the dwarves. That's when they started tearing up the dock and stabbing down. I thought it might blunt their charge aboard ship and maybe give Quark a chance to cut the plank free."

He shrugs. "I'm no coward, but I'm no fool, either. I left when it became hopeless. I couldn't rescue you if I was locked in a cage. I returned for my gear. The money was secondary." The rogue falls silent, then shrugs again. "I'm not sure why it's important that you know those things. I've been called worse than a coward, and by better men. But there you have it."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#308 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Soul Survivors
Starday, 20th of Goodmonth
Late Afternoon
Hot, Humid, Sunny, Sandy

The Knife finds it pretty difficult to get into the smaller armor, but he tries it on anyway, giving the others some free entertainment for a while. Once he gets the straps and buckles stretched to their limits, he finds the armor usable, but an extremely tight and uncomfortable fit. Keyon goes through the items left over from the first death in the party, salvaging what he can.

There is much talk about retrieving the things left in the water, but hunger seems to take precedence when the party starts talking about where to get supplies and food.

Sir William announces that he will leave the group while Keyon is left to tell his side of the story, belittling the incredibly helpful captain over and over to the girls who the man just helped out considerably. His sour grapes and longing for merriment seem to be all he has left except for the gear he just scrounged off a dead party member.

The captains reward of 200 gold coins are distributed evenly, with all 4 surviving members getting an equal share of 50 each. Even the members who ran away are paid their share. Please add this to your sheets! Anyone asked where to find food and drink point you to the towns only tavern, the Treehouse on the beach. viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6325

Actions?

I am still debating if an XP reward will be handed out for this less than perfect mission, so please stand by for that decision.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Princess Summerstars

"I am sorry to hear that you won't be staying in town, Sir Narramore. I get the feeling that you are searching for someone. As am I, and I can't help but wonder if the person is one and the same." She waves it away. "But there is no harm in setting up shop while I look, right?"

"Come. Let's go start our search at that Treehouse place."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Karaunios »

Should we move the action to the Treehouse tavern. Who should be coming? Elnaerel would gladly come. But I insist that we should try, at least some of us (Elnaerel and one or two who can pull her out of the water with a rope), to get the Knife's equipment back before it rots in the water or gets eaten by sardines. Then we can rejoin those who went to the tavern.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Jernau35 »

Sorry! I was going to post something about The Knife taking up Elnaerel's offer of help, just so we could get it over and done with and move on to the tavern. Then I got Zoomed.

The Knife

The gnome smiles at the offer of help. "Thank you! It shouldn't be that hard. The armor is literally at the bottom of the piling here. Look, you can see it. And the backpack is just the other side of the ship. Where the gangplank would be onthat side. It has a rope already tied to it. If you can tie a rope to that rope, We can pull it up easily".

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel "Then let's do that. If anyone cares to help?" She turns to Keyon, being the seemingly stronger of the group.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#313 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Got Zoomed? That sounds painful!

I still have you all in town at the moment, so looking down, you only see dirt.
:lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Jernau35 »

What The Knife sees when he looks down is anybody's guess! :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#315 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Just kidding!

Here ya go.....what you all love so much. Adventuring crack.
:D

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6230&p=476396#p476396

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#316 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

This is assuming they return to the dock and reach it without incident. If that isn't the case, I'll adjust.

As they approach the dock, the young elf gives a tired nod and pulls a rueful smile. "You'd better know I like you, small man," he says with a playful chuckle. "You stood by me when the rays came and I was half-blind. You could've run, but you didn't. I won't forget that." He fetches the length of rope from his pack and ditches what little gear he still possesses on the dock, keeping only a dagger tucked into his belt. "Would you guard my coin, please?" he asks, holding out his pouch to Elnaerel. He ties one end of the rope to the dock and takes the other in one hand. "Think this is long enough? If not, we'll splice two ropes together. I'll swim out and tie onto the rope holding your gear and we'll pull it in."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#317 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Be careful out there, I wish I could do more than provide moral support" She says to Keyon as he prepares to go out after the Kinfes gear.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel tugs Keyon's coin her belt and nods at him. "Gods help you. I'll hold the rope in case you need help coming back to the surface. Just pull two times and I'll start helping you up."

She'll do what she just said.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife looks at Keyeon for a long moment. "Yes," he says quietly, "I had forgotten about that."

"I was starting to judge you as far too headstrong. But...you risked your life to save Jinx. And almost did. You're a good man. Thank you."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#320 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Salvage Mission?
Starday, 20th of Goodmonth
Late Afternoon
Hot, Humid, Sunny, Sandy

Anyone moving back down to the dock to attempt retrieval of discarded items follows Keyon to the spot where The Knife pointed out his submerged gear.

As the depth of the water is being evaluated and assessed, a large sleek shadow can now be seen near the sea bed. It appears to be slowly swimming around the area where the gear was dumped.

Actions?
:twisted:

Return to “Completed Missions”