Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Xoth)

tibbius
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Xoth)

#61 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak is. That's why he was so cranky that the priests were attacked. Now that we're murderers, might as well see what's down here.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara feels that the odd behavior upstairs justifies her actions, and that the temple would understand.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by tibbius »

Generally, when you roll for initiative please also state your action so that we can move things along. I should have made that explicit earlier - sorry.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rex »

Edited my post to add action (or lack of).

Scott308

#65 Post by Scott308 »

If it's gonna take that long to move the bodies, do we think it'll be worth it? The longer we stay down there, the more likely someone else wanders in. If we can get rid of the bodies, that'd be great, but not if we get caught in the process. Ishbak will go either way. Xara wasn't even here for the priests getting killed, but if we get caught, she'll hang with the rest of us. What do you guys think?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by tibbius »

Scott308 wrote:If it's gonna take that long to move the bodies, do we think it'll be worth it?
Moved this to game thread as it is an IC discussion topic.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

Re: Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

#67 Post by Scott308 »

That was NOT intended to be an IC post. Ishbak would never (well, depending on circumstances, I guess) refer to himself in the third person.

Scott308

#68 Post by Scott308 »

I edited my original post. Ishbak has a light source and was high initiative of those who posted a roll. He's running.

sirravd

#69 Post by sirravd »

[1d20] = 7
note: I also have the Alert feat

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Perception [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14

He has the Observant Feat

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

[1d20] = 7+4 =11

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by ravenn4544 »

I don’t remember the glowing staff. Anyone have it?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by tibbius »

No worries.

I'll narrate the open to next scene tomorrow.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#74 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak gave the staff to Xara so he could check the gate without lighting it up if others were still outside. I'm assuming she still has it as there was no post to the contrary.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Monsieur Rose »

tibbius wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:50 pm Is there any specific thing that any of you hope to find? There's enough stuff in here that aimless browsing has not produced anything of interest. A focused search might be more productive.
Treasure maps, jewelry, or strange oddities. :SAN:

About the warehouse, is the entire building full of his things? Also, does it seem like the desk and missing ledger are typical for each warehouse or specific to his?

Scott308

#76 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak was hoping for paperwork that could be of value- treasure maps, deeds, notes that can get cashed in... Also, anything of value that is easily portable- gems, jewelry, precious metals/ materials.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by tibbius »

There were a few heavy chests that might be filled with paper ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

sirravd

#78 Post by sirravd »

Unfortunately I think I'll leave the game. It's a great setting well-run, but I'm not doing a good job of keeping up. Have fun with it :)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by tibbius »

sirravd wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:19 pm Unfortunately I think I'll leave the game. It's a great setting well-run, but I'm not doing a good job of keeping up. Have fun with it :)
Thanks for the kind words! You'll be missed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by tibbius »

Hey folks - it's been two weeks since anyone posted to the game thread - is there a decision what to do about the warehouse full of stuff?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”