Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Xoth)

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Xoth)

#41 Post by tibbius »

:lol:

The action is in a tavern, now, serving exotic food that a man of noble birth might like to sample as he spends the evening with the lower sorts. Perhaps he overhears the four companions talking about the events at Akhtesh's house as they bring their food to sit at the next table over from him.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by tibbius »

It seems like everyone is pretty well engaged in this game. I have some plans for the immediate future (through the next two days game time), are there any particular sorts of events that people would like? More combat? More rp? More bureaucracy?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Whatever, it seems to be going fine. I was thinking we were going to explore the warehouse and rooms some more.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by ravenn4544 »

agree - i think it's moving along fine. every body's getting warmed up :)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I'm enjoying the ride.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by tibbius »

Good!

For the next few days (real time) I'm going to let you all play out the getting-to-know-the-new-guy and plot your next move. Let me know in this thread when you're ready for the next DM-directed action.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by tibbius »

Rex wrote:Lathi

Lathi will silently use hand signals to point him out to everyone else. Then try to follow him stealthily.
Thanks for not rolling on that one. I like characters and players to be uncertain whether they actually are as stealthy or perceptive or insightful as they hope.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

No problem, when I am running a game I do the same. Keeps the players wondering if nothing else.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#49 Post by Scott308 »

I rolled stealth before reading this. I'll try to remember in the future.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by tibbius »

I'm very pleased. Starting from my efforts to provide a novel but reasonable lead-in to a pre-gen scenario, we've veered completely off course ... the characters poised to flee under suspicion of two murders they didn't commit and one justifiable homicide they did commit. Meanwhile, there's an inheritance to settle, which involves a locked warehouse that will be hard to open now that the key master is dead. And Xara has hold of the mcguffin blade for the scenario we've left behind ...

Not at all suggesting that we should try to put this back on rails. Emergent storytelling is far more fun for the DM.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#51 Post by Scott308 »

Not having a key isn't all that much of a problem. :D
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Off the rails pretty much describes 99% of the games I run.

Scott308

#53 Post by Scott308 »

What's the plan here? Ishbak is confident they haven't spotted him. He has no problem firing an arrow at the guards if that's how we want to play this. If you guys want to talk he can hold off. There were priests that can vouch for us, right?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by tibbius »

Scott308 wrote:What's the plan here?
In this case we'll fit this in as a conversation that y'all had on the way back to the square. Typically, I like planning and coordination to be done in the game thread rather than out of character.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Not sure, I can go either way but I am not a good talk type.

Scott308

#56 Post by Scott308 »

I've got a virtual game convention this weekend, so I don't know how much time I'll have to spend on the Servant. Please NPC my character if necessary.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by tibbius »

Quick question - for each of you: is your character aware of how much trouble they'll be in if their actions are discovered?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by ravenn4544 »

Probably not? :)

Is that a hint that we are way of course? :)

sirravd

#59 Post by sirravd »

Anathotesh hopes he will be able to evade the worst of it by dint of his noble birth, but he doesn't know...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

Lathi doesn't care but probably knows. I plan on taking the path of the shadow and in vision his order as sort of a ancient Hassassin or Nija like organization.

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”