Round 1: The Saucy Tart

Monsieur Rose
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Round 1: The Saucy Tart

#21 Post by tibbius »

saving throw [1d20] = 2

Rogg smiles a toothy blurry-eyed smile at the bloody kissy wench. His turkey leg tumbles from his mouth to the ale-sticky floor.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Lady

As Tigilda weaves her magic, both Lug and Rogg fall under her spell. Neither one of you can think of any reason why you would ever try to hurt her. All you really want to do is get to know her better.
She notices the twinkle in your eyes, the spring in your steps, and sweetly speaks: "Thank you, boys. Now could one of you go and teach those gnomes a lesson for me? They've been saying such mean things about me, you know."

"Gatu? This gentleman needs to go see a gnome about a thing. Please release him, won't you?"

Gatu releases Rogg and warily steps back.

Tigilda cast friends. "Those that fail their saving throw will be very impressed with the spell caster and desire greatly to be his or her friend and help."
You may now continue as you see fit.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

Lug bows to the lady, so low that his head almost reaches normal human height.

"Hey! Gnomes!" he cries as he charges towards them. "You shouldn't say bad things about nice ladies!"

Overbear: [1d100] = 77 [1d100] = 94

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by tibbius »

Rogg leaps over the stage again, headed straight for Bertham. He doesn't bother with a warcry; gnomes, like other rodents, are too dumb to be frightened.

pummel [1d100] = 100 / [1d100] = 17
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Belatedly realizing that he had somehow charged a different group of foes than the rest of his companions*, Evan cursed his own foolishness and then the next thing he knew, he was a in a fight with a trio of Dwarves....

His face hurt, one Dwarf was down and there were two more right in front of him. Thinking fast, he backpedalled to where he and his companions had started from and reached out, grabbed a solid tankard and whipped it at the red-bearded Dwarf, while keeping his hands up and trying to get a bit of space to plan his next move....

Tankard throw: [1d20] = 15

No idea what the damage is for that, but hopefully the +1 Damage bonus kicks in for STR 16

If Evan gets rushed, he'll try to slip/roll away from the charge....

*Sorry, I got my colors mixed up and I thought I was charging the guy at the same table that Lug charged.....Ulfang the Black....doh!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 4

Our Heroes
Vonn charges across the room to finish off the ugly Half-Orc with his friends. A quick left hand to Ulfang's head knocks him cold on the ground amongst the table shards. A victory yell bursts forth after turning the odds in the group's favor. Quickly after, his two friends quickly turn their backs and leave him to fight two on one. Tigilda, proud of her feminine wiles, moves to strike Vonn, but stumbles and leaves herself open for a counter. Vonn obliges. His first strike only clips the mage, but his next two land as he knocks out the object of his friends' obsession. Gatu, now suddenly one on one with Vonn, enacts his revenge. A left, then a right leave Vonn feeling like he should have stayed home this morning. 10 damage, 7 Temp.

Ah'Tak surveys the scene, noticing that his companions seem to have fallen for the charms of the half-elf. He also hears The Barkeep chuckle: "That's a new one. Nobody went that way last time." Ah'Tak spots two elves entering the backroom after unlocking the door.

Lug dashes over to the gnomes, yelling something about manners, then picks a target and drives Andres to the ground. The sight of the gnome being eclipsed by the much larger man elicits a laugh from the Bouncer. The sound of Andres' head hitting the ground draws winces from all who hear it. The poor gnome is quite unconscious.

Rogg retraces his steps over the stage, basking in the limelight for a brief moment, then heads straight for Bertham. The comical sight of Lug falling on Andres must have distracted Rogg, as his punch is ducked by Bertham.

Evan does his best to disengage and find some backup, but Telchar is able to strike first and land an ineffective blow upon Evan's thigh. Telchat follows up with a strike to the groin, but lucky for Evan's future progeny, it misses. Urin tries to remedy Telchar's incompetence, but he too fails to hurt Evan. After evading the flurry of Dwarven fists, Evan disengages and flings a tankard at Urin, managing to land a satisfying clang as the mug reverberates off Urin's face. Now covered in frothy ale, the Red Dwarf seethes and steam seems to rise from his head.

The Room

Up above, another skirmish is heard, followed by the sound of two bodies hitting the ground. A cheer, less enthusiastic than last erupts, as Tane comes flying down to land on Ewin. Only three Halflings peer over to see their handiwork.

Holeon continues his gnomish mastery and swiftly kicks Bertham in the groin, sending him to his knees and stunning him.
Sared watches as the two large heroes come flying in to smash his buddies, then doubly winces as Andres and Bertham are swarmed. He quickly tries to salvage the situation and tosses some green dust in the air while murmuring. A thick blanket of fog suddenly appears as the gnome casts Wall of Fog. 'The wall of fog obscures all sight normal and/or infravision, beyond 2'.' It fills the tavern. Safe movement is cut to 4", from 12". If you move faster, you may run into things. :D
octagon4.jpg
octagon4.jpg (161.87 KiB) Viewed 3125 times

PC Status
  • Ah'Tak | Half-Orc | Cleric | HP: 10 | Move: 9
    Pummel: (def/attack) 70/23 Grapple:70/16
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 4/11 5 temp | Move: 9
    P:60/17 G:60/11
  • Lug| Human | Fighter | HP: 11 | Move: 12
    P:80/21 G:80/14
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 12/14 2 temp | Move: 9
    P:70/20 G:70/13
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 1/11 7 temp | Move: 12
    P:80/20 G:80/12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf
    P:50/22 G:60/17
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
    P:80/21 G:90/13
  • Urin| Dwarf
    P:70/31 G:80/12
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
    P:70/22 G:80/13
  • Gatu| Half-Elf
    P:70/22 G:80/15
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
  • Sared| Gnome
  • Bertham| Gnome
  • Geoffry| Human
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling
  • Marode| Halfling KO
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human KO
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by dmw71 »

"Me no see!" Ah'Tak curses quietly as the fog fills the room. Not wanting to remain in the same spot, the large half-orc slowly backs towards the torch flanking the right side of the front entrance. When his extended hands make contact with the front wall, he slowly moves towards the actual entrance itself. Knowing there's a balcony, and unwanted people potentially lingering overhead, he wants to find a bit of an overhang to position himself under.

While the fog prevents him from seeing it, Ah'Tak keeps his focus trained on where the backroom is located, and where he saw the pair of elves disappear into moments earlier. Otherwise, he patiently waits for the fog nuisance to clear; at least while the protections from his Sanctuary spell remain in effect.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by tibbius »

Even in the choking mist, Rogg can make out Bertham's nearby form. He tries to tackle the gnome.

Overbear [1d100] = 12 [1d100] = 29
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

Lug moves through the mist after Sared—or where he was, at least—thinking of picking up the gnome and swinging him like a club.

Grapple: [1d100] = 6 [1d100] = 23

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn pummels Gatu.

Pummel [1d100] = 90 and [1d100] = 8

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan carefully backs up in the fog*, hoping it gives him a moment or two to shake off a bit of the blurriness from the blows he took and also to be able to join up with his friends again....

He sees a candle** burning on a table and he quickly snatches it up, snuffing the flame and wields the holder as a make-shift club, ready to swing it if one of the Dwarves follows him***.....

*Moves safely backwards, facing towards the Dwarves he was just fighting...

**I'm ASSUMING those are lit candles on the tables....or at least candles in holders....if not, please let me know and I'll modify this post

***Attack roll if needed: Test rolling a macro

Input: To hit: [1d20]
Output: To hit: [1d20] = 20

Damage if a hit is scored (assuming 1d4 for candlestick holder; trying to knockout/knockdown opponent):

Test rolling a macro

Input: [1d4+1]
Output: [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

Refresh this window and resubmit the form to re-roll this macro.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 5

Our Heroes

Ah'Tak moves carefully after revealing his position in the fog, luckily no tankards come flying his way. He makes it past the door and over to the wall without event. He does manage to hear and smell The Bouncer just a step away at the door.

Rogg spots Bertham in the fog and throws his weight upon the little man, smushing him beneath. When he eases up, he sees the gnomes' eyes roll back in his head and Bertham seems to be resting peacefully.

Lug reaches out to throttle the person responsible for the fog, swiping the air with his left hand, but colliding with Sared's face with his right. The little Illusionist drops like a bag of rocks. You could grab and use him as a weapon next round.

Vonn is close enough to Gatu that the fog doesn't obscure the vitriol seen between them. Gatu is quick to react and connects with Vonn, luckily only a glancing blow. Vonn strikes back with a decent punch as well, but apparently enough to knock Gatu down and barely out. Vonn notices that both Gatu and Ulfang are stirring.

Evan takes the golden opportunity to put some distance between him and the dwarves, feeling out for the stage and following it back. A conveniently placed candlestick is now his prize.

The Room
As three more combatants fall silent, so does the room. Scuffling and heavy breathing is heard in the mist, making everyone's hair stand on end. Suddenly a voice bellows out:

"Well done! But as much as this is unexpected and mysterious, it is getting in the way of our viewing. So as a show of good faith, the fog will stay for a minute longer. No more. Thank you for your understanding."

The voice seems to come from everywhere in the fog, but you are sure that it is not The Barkeep or The Bouncer.
octagon5.jpg
octagon5.jpg (160.5 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 5/11 4 temp | Move: 9
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 13/14 1 temp | Move: 9
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 2/11 6 temp | Move: 12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
  • Urin| Dwarf
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
    P:70/21 G:80/14
  • Sared| Gnome KO
    P:90/24 G:90/15
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
    P:70/18 G:80/11
  • Geoffry| Human
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling
  • Marode| Halfling KO
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human KO
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

Lug doesn't think it's sporting to use an unconscious gnome as a bludgeon. So, considering his lesson in manners concluded, he makes his way toward the corner where Geoffry had been sitting.

Grapple: [1d100] = 62 [1d100] = 79

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn puts the boots to both of the Gatu and ulfang.

Boots [1d100] = 12 [1d100] = 29

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by dmw71 »

Ah-Tak, aware that his protections will soon be ending, prepares to slowly slip from his zen-like state. He curses the fog which is preventing a proper survey of the area.

"It's almost time..." he says quietly; readying himself for battle. "Finally."
I believe his Sanctuary spell should end after this current round.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan continues to slowly backpedal, keeping a tight grip on the candlestick holder, trying to get his breath and shake off some of the bruises and numbness before engaging any opponent who comes at him.....

He'll also take quick glances to the sides and behind him, looking for his teammates.....THIS time, he's going to try and stick with them....

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by tibbius »

"Let's get to the stage," says Rogg to Lug. The half-orc drapes the limp gnome over his massive shoulder, and moves carefully through the fog to Evan's side. "How's it going, buddy?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 6

Our Heroes

Lug chooses to be kind to the little folk and leaves the gnome illusionist where he fell. Groping and stumbling over benches and carpets, he makes his way to the corner where Geoffry once stood. He swears he heard some breathing nearby, but is unable to pinpoint the source or his quarry.

Vonn curb stomps Gatu as the lithe thief is coming to. With a slight crunch, Gatu falls once more. As Vonn was focusing on Gatu it seems that Ulfang slipped away in the fog.

Ah-Tak finally makes it under cover just as his spell wears off. He feels invigorated and ready to knock some heads.

Evan grasps his makeshift club tightly, hoping he isn't jumped in the fog. A looming shadow approaches from his right and Evan raises the candlestick to bring the light to...

Rogg. Having no concerns about the use of gnomish warfare, Rogg appears near Evan with a Bertham draped over his shoulder. "Let's get to the stage" Evan holds his attack and moves with his companion to the middle of the room.

The Room
"Psst. Hey big guy." Lug hears a voice in the mist. "Thanks for the help with those Gnomes. I'm Holeon. Fancy a teammate?" Lug thinks the voice is coming from behind him, but isn't quite sure. He's just glad that a voice was the only thing that came out of the fog.

A moment later, as promised, the fog lifts.
The two elves that slipped into the back are nowhere to be seen, Geoffry has moved into another alcove, and Ulfang is crawling away from Vonn. Urin and Telchar spot Evan with his ally and charge forward to engage.
octagon6.jpg
octagon6.jpg (208.68 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 6/11 3 temp | Move: 9
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 14/14 | Move: 9
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 3/11 5 temp | Move: 12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
  • Urin| Dwarf
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human
  • Andres| Gnome KO
    P:70/21 G:80/14
  • Sared| Gnome KO
    P:90/24 G:90/15
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
    P:70/18 G:80/11
  • Geoffry| Human
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling
  • Marode| Halfling KO
  • Arran| Halfling
  • Tane| Human KO
  • Tarielye| Elf
  • Golfi| Elf

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn sees Ulfang crawling away when the fog lifts and heads over and puts the boots to him before he can get up.

Boots [1d100] = 44 [1d100] = 61

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by tibbius »

Rogg sees a short muscle bound thug approaching and hurls a short scrawny rascal toward the thug. [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6 to hit dwarf with gnome.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “The Octagon (D&D)”