[012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

#41 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Foix will contact the Scouts and inform them of the retrieval of their personnel and that they are safely aboard the Kiara Surabi. He insists that Commander Taheri is blameless in the matter of their capture and should be commended for her conduct.
Vee returns to the shuttle bay and tells the maintenance crew that she'd run it at maximum power settings on the flight back. Then, she returns to Foix."M'lord, is there anything else you need before I go to clean up?"
The maintenance crew would be Dame Harper Foix... And Ana...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:
ffilz wrote:Ana is quickly loaded into the autodoc which starts administering anti-venom and muscle relaxant and after a tense 20 minutes she comes round.
Sara is sitting next to her, holding her hand as she wakes. She stands up and leans over Ana, kissing her forehead. "Hey, sleepy..." She looks Ana in the eyes from relatively close range, a half smirk on her lips, with maybe the slightest tremor to her voice. "So... what did we learn about being bitten by giant alien spiders?"
Going to go out on a limb here but do not let the giant alien spiders bite us?” Ana winces as she struggles into an seated position. “I feel as though I have pulled every muscle in my body.

Poking the purple and green bite mark on her arm she inhales through her teeth, “Son of a bitch and now I will have to wear long long sleeve blouses on formal nights, I mean it is not bad enough that already I can not wear backless gowns and mini skirts.

She looks over at Sara, “Are you alright?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"M'lord, is there anything else you need before I go to clean up?"
Foix smiles and seems to ponder a response and then discards it in favour of "Rien - save to know you are well after the action, my Knight. It is my great regret that I must return to my patients".
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote:There is no Scout base here, there was one Scout contact in the star port. There is a Navy base. You may want to keep the whole thing under wraps.
Diplomacy(?)

Foix isn't going to let whoever was responsible for this distinctly Imperial debacle get away with it or have his House associated with it in anything but a positive way.

He contacts the Scout, gives him the facts and points out that since he is the only Imperial Scout on planet who is not dead or in hospital the whole affair is likely his fault. He's willing to hear the guy out but in absence of a fantastically good excuse for endangering six of his comrades (blame the dead guy seems favourite! ;) ) he'll contact the Imperial Navy and tell them to deal with it.

The Imperial Navy need to know anyway as the scientific community are going to go bananas once his Aunt declares the discovery of not one but two "new" races on Arthiop!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:
ffilz wrote:There is no Scout base here, there was one Scout contact in the star port. There is a Navy base. You may want to keep the whole thing under wraps.
Diplomacy(?)

Foix isn't going to let whoever was responsible for this distinctly Imperial debacle get away with it or have his House associated with it in anything but a positive way.

He contacts the Scout, gives him the facts and points out that since he is the only Imperial Scout on planet who is not dead or in hospital the whole affair is likely his fault. He's willing to hear the guy out but in absence of a fantastically good excuse for endangering six of his comrades (blame the dead guy seems favourite! ;) ) he'll contact the Imperial Navy and tell them to deal with it.

The Imperial Navy need to know anyway as the scientific community are going to go bananas once his Aunt declares the discovery of not one but two "new" races on Arthiop!
The Scout seems to be really sincere that the whole thing was An Hong's idea.

The Navy commander (just a Captain, this area no longer rates an Admiral at every base) welcomes the report. He was aware of the Scout mission but not any of the details.

I will remind you Squee picked up 4 human signatures, so An Hong may still be in there. Of course who knows what will happen to him now that the spiders have been attacked...

How much detail do you give to the Navy Captain?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote:Using the autodoc to cycle the scouts through quarantine would reduce the time to 6 hours each. You can also use Squee's autodoc (and a future note - it's 0.5 ton, it COULD be loaded on the shuttle... though it may not be wise to take it into unknown territory since Squee is so dependent on it).
Foix will cycle the scouts through a "scan" first to ensure they have no underlying health issues using both autodocs. One scout can be scanned while the "dry" autodoc fixes Ana then two parallel scout scans - one in each autodoc after that.

Once we know we are just dealing with recovery and quarantine then whoever is healthiest of the rescuees gets to wait while two parallel quarantine cycles take place on the other two scouts.

(OOC: Hurrah for the google doc update! :) )

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote:The Scout seems to be really sincere that the whole thing was An Hong's idea.

The Navy commander (just a Captain, this area no longer rates an Admiral at every base) welcomes the report. He was aware of the Scout mission but not any of the details.

I will remind you Squee picked up 4 human signatures, so An Hong may still be in there. Of course who knows what will happen to him now that the spiders have been attacked...

How much detail do you give to the Navy Captain?
Foix will ask for a personal meeting with the Navy Captain to discuss this "sensitive issue" whereby An Hong appears to have recklessly brought about his own demise whilst endangering other Imperial staff. He points out that the Captain might want to informally gather the facts and speak to witnesses even if he does no more...

Foix then suggests (he's getting better at this) a "crew and survivors" meeting to discuss a way forward as it appears there is an opportunity to influence Imperial policy on the matter.

(OOC: My thoughts here is this will give all the PCs a chance to pitch in should anyone have any ideas / reservations about how this affair is dealt with before we have to give an account. FWIW Foix has no strong feelings either way).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Foix will contact the Scouts and inform them of the retrieval of their personnel and that they are safely aboard the Kiara Surabi. He insists that Commander Taheri is blameless in the matter of their capture and should be commended for her conduct.
Vee returns to the shuttle bay and tells the maintenance crew that she'd run it at maximum power settings on the flight back. Then, she returns to Foix."M'lord, is there anything else you need before I go to clean up?"
The maintenance crew would be Dame Harper Foix... And Ana...
Harper knows, and Ana doesn't care right this moment. Got it. :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:
joertexas wrote:"M'lord, is there anything else you need before I go to clean up?"
Foix smiles and seems to ponder a response and then discards it in favour of "Rien - save to know you are well after the action, my Knight. It is my great regret that I must return to my patients".
"I can stay and help," Vee says. She assists him with moving patients in and out of the autodoc.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Tiglath »

Foix gives a tired but nonetheless delighted smile "With your company the time will fly by!"

(OOC: Ideal - between them they can nap and pull mini shifts to get these folk processed).

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by ffilz »

Just to be clear, I'm waiting on next actions from the players. If you think there's something I should be acting on, gently prod me, I might have lost track of something in the haze of cold and cold medicine...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Just to be clear, I'm waiting on next actions from the players. If you think there's something I should be acting on, gently prod me, I might have lost track of something in the haze of cold and cold medicine...
What time of day is it when Foix and Vee finish with their patients?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Just to be clear, I'm waiting on next actions from the players. If you think there's something I should be acting on, gently prod me, I might have lost track of something in the haze of cold and cold medicine...
What time of day is it when Foix and Vee finish with their patients?
I'm going to say it was evening time by the time you returned to the Kiara Surabi, so assuming you wanted to do the quarantine stuff right away, all the quarantine stuff would be done by mid-morning (I think you should also figure on having everyone who was aboard the shuttle in an autodoc for a check out so that would add a couple hours to the autodoc time). The first two Scouts who were wrapped up would be out before breakfast.

I'm guessing you will want a full crew debriefing over breakfast (with or without Taheri and Quinn?) having done a quick debriefing on arrival after Ana was loaded into the autodoc.

That makes it now 1231:087 (you arrived late afternoon 1231:085, and scouted the ruins 1231:086).

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#54 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:Going to go out on a limb here but do not let the giant alien spiders bite us?” Ana winces as she struggles into an seated position. “I feel as though I have pulled every muscle in my body.
"She can be taught!" Sara kisses Ana on the nose, then helps her sit up.
Ramona wrote: Poking the purple and green bite mark on her arm she inhales through her teeth, “Son of a bitch and now I will have to wear long long sleeve blouses on formal nights, I mean it is not bad enough that already I can not wear backless gowns and mini skirts.

She looks over at Sara, “Are you alright?
"I'm fine." Sara says, gently rubbing Ana's back, a gentle smile on her face. "Even better now, since I don't have to take your KP duty. Lets get you cleaned up and you can get some real sleep while all those meds finish their work, yeah?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:I'm guessing you will want a full crew debriefing over breakfast (with or without Taheri and Quinn?) having done a quick debriefing on arrival after Ana was loaded into the autodoc. That makes it now 1231:087 (you arrived late afternoon 1231:085, and scouted the ruins 1231:086).
Vee yawns as she realizes just how long the healthy folk have been working without a real break. She steps into the medbay. "M'lord, Gauvain, we need to get some sleep. Not a nap. Sleep." She places her hand on his arm. "Come on, we can have the briefing later."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Tiglath »

Foix comes over and checks Ana's condition and seeing Sara there gives her a warm smile. "Ana, ma vieille, you are feeling better?"

He smiles briefly "A pleasure and a privilege to have fought with you again. It wasn't a perfect solution but I find soldiers are generally only handed situations when someone else has already done their very best to ensure a perfect solution is beyond reach. The Imperial Navy is on the way if you want to talk to them. They are sending a Captain, but one without a ship, so we both outrank him".

To Sara he says "Make sure she takes her anti rads. We all know Ana is actually held together by high doses of radiation but the meds are good for her".
joertexas wrote:Vee yawns as she realizes just how long the healthy folk have been working without a real break. She steps into the medbay. "M'lord, Gauvain, we need to get some sleep. Not a nap. Sleep." She places her hand on his arm. "Come on, we can have the briefing later."
Foix smiles tiredly "I had a nap on the battlefield but I may have forgotten what actual sleep is. Rediscovering it sounds like a very good idea".

He will get a summary of the preliminary debrief and remind all that the Navy is on way should they wish to register any points with them. He then retires to his cabin with Vee.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He then retires to his cabin with Vee.
Vee both gives and receives assistance with showering and preparing for bed. She then lies down, spoons against Foix's front, and goes to sleep within a minute of her head contacting the pillow.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Ramona »

Ana lets Sara help her fo her feet, “I want to sit, in one of those rain storm showers things, with hot water running over me until my skin goes all wrinkled and then I might feel like food or perhaps just sleep.

Ana nods politely at Foix, “We missed one, I do not like that. We also made a total cock up of any first contact protocols, which will make second contact all the more difficult.” She sighs, “Should probably tell that captain now about the missing scout and the bugs. Worry about the rest later.

She follows Sara out of the room and back towards their quarters.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by ffilz »

What is the next step?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Tiglath »

Sleep, food, full debrief, weapons cleaning and stowage.

Foix waits for anyone who wishes it to voice an opinion on the events at the temple and then delivers that opinion with his report to the Imperial Navy.

He proposes that the chief scout appears to have brought about his own demise by a combination of gross dereliction of his duty and suicidal misadventure. He further suggests that the scout's continued absence simply saves the Imperium the cost of a court martial and the effort of trying to gather enough of their dwindling resources together to form a firing squad.

He returns the active duty scouts to the care and custody of the Navy Captain and suggests somebody supervise them while they explore only within the starport perimeter for the forseeable future.

Those promising souls who bore up under adversity: Taheri, Quinn and Hiroto Petrov he invites to remain as his guests until they have determined their futures. The Kiara Surabi will be going on to Damkina.
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”