[001.1] More Than You Bargained For

Faanku
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [001.1] More Than You Bargained For

#21 Post by Enoch »

Vernyr pokes at a strip of meat of ambiguous provenance as he considers the request. "Well, she certainly seems like someone it would be good to know. Did she give you any kind of idea what she wants from you?"
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [001.1] More Than You Bargained For

#22 Post by Marullus »

Damian shrugs, "No more than a scientific expert, if that's what you mean." He shovels a forkful of noodles up and chews them, considering. "She is motivated by the novel and curious and I implied that I not only knew about the secret map but would be valuable in following it. She said to consider myself "endorsed" for the task of following the map. If we can offer the Vale as the vessel of choice for the endeavor, we balance the hand. Reports are that trusting her is dangerous... but I'd rather follow the map as her ally than an enemy and it is likely trivial for her to overcome our present problems in reacquiring the Vale, and its contents." An idea occurs to him. "Actually, if the map leads where I currently suspect, it becomes a diplomatic mission which she cannot attend personally... her known list of enemies preventing her. Your silver tongue (and the ability to go in our own vessel) is likely more valuable when she realizes that situation."

Return to “A Return to Form (SWN:Revised)”