To The Island!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: To The Island!

#281 Post by hedgeknight »

Fitz blushes slightly and fidgets with a button on his vest.
"Erm...yes, this crate came from Captain Quark. He tasked us to deliver it to Monocar Jemara. Looky...I have a note for him."
Fitz removes the letter from his vest and hands it up to Nallissa.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#282 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa takes the letter and reads it without a thought. Her face quickly saddens.

“I see. Well, I’m not sure how we should.........yes, this is a...........yes. Well thank you both for bringing this here. I’m not sure why the captain didn’t mention it to me. But I suppose, it was a private purchase. At any rate......”

The woman seems uncomfortable and unsure of herself.

“Would you fellas mind carrying this around back and bringing it in there? I will pay you a gold coin each for your trouble.”

Drakkar just sighs heavily and sticks his meaty hand out.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by hedgeknight »

Fitzenbell

Fitz watches the woman's face as she reads the letter, notes her change of expression, but still sticks out his hand for the gold piece.
"Is something troubling in the letter, my lady? You seem...upset."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#284 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once the crate is brought around and carried into her back office, Nallissa pays you and responds.

“This is addressed to someone I know, but I don’t think he is around anymore. He went into the jungle about 2 weeks ago after a pretty dangerous foe and I haven’t seen him since. That happens a lot around here actually, so I should be used to it. But this is a lot of stuff I will need to figure out what to do with if he isn’t coming back.”

“What are you two planning to do here now! No offense, but you look more like a merchant to me than an adventurer.”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by hedgeknight »

Fitzenbell

Fitz looks up at Drakkar and then back to Nallissa.
"Well, I came to the island for a fresh start and to see some of the world. It's pretty big, ya know? But, I didn't want to go fishing with the others so me, and my buddy here, we got off the ship. Captain Quark suggested we repair the old leaning tower before it falls into the bay. But, I don't know anything about construction! Still, the Quark was offering a hefty sum of gold, so we took the job. But, we haven't gotten very far, and frankly...I really don't want to do that.
"I came for an adventure, but so far...well...it's been kinda boring."

Fitz shrugs an apology and smiles up at Nallissa.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#286 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hedgeknight wrote:Fitzenbell

Fitz looks up at Drakkar and then back to Nallissa.
"Well, I came to the island for a fresh start and to see some of the world. It's pretty big, ya know? But, I didn't want to go fishing with the others so me, and my buddy here, we got off the ship. Captain Quark suggested we repair the old leaning tower before it falls into the bay. But, I don't know anything about construction! Still, the Quark was offering a hefty sum of gold, so we took the job. But, we haven't gotten very far, and frankly...I really don't want to do that.
"I came for an adventure, but so far...well...it's been kinda boring."

Fitz shrugs an apology and smiles up at Nallissa.
”Boring?” Nallissa laughs. You are the first person to tell me that you thought this place was boring.”

“But now that you mention it, repairing towers and lugging around cargo does sound kinda boring.”

She looks seriously at the dwarf and gnome for a moment.

“So, if I was to tell you about a mystery here on the island, would you be interested in hearing something like that?”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by hedgeknight »

"Hooo Hooo! Would I! Would I! We Goldenhammers love mysteries!"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#288 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa pokes her head through the door to make sure the shop is empty before leaning in close for dramatic effect.

“If you’d be up for a little journey, I might have a job for you.”

“I have heard about stone pits or pools to the west of here that contain some kind of gooey grey substance. I guess they are kinda like tar pits or something. Now, I had heard people say that they had been out that far, and have seen the pits. But I have never heard of anyone who actually got close enough to collect a sample of the stuff. Until now.”

She leans in a little closer.

“I heard that a group recently brought a little of the grey stuff back, and that it was a mildly corrosive substance. If that is true, I have several uses for something like that around here. Since nobody really knows what the stuff is, I’m not exactly sure how to tell you to collect it. But if you agree to retrieve some for me, I will supply the containers and pay a fair reward for your trouble.”

“You must promise to be careful though. The rumors of the pits have been around as long as there have been people here, so it is possible that they could be very dangerous.”

“So, what do you guys think about that? There might be a few folks you could talk into going along with you. I would definitely recommend that, and will share names if you decide to do it.”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by hedgeknight »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Nallissa pokes her head through the door to make sure the shop is empty before leaning in close for dramatic effect.

“If you’d be up for a little journey, I might have a job for you.”

“I have heard about stone pits or pools to the west of here that contain some kind of gooey grey substance. I guess they are kinda like tar pits or something. Now, I had heard people say that they had been out that far, and have seen the pits. But I have never heard of anyone who actually got close enough to collect a sample of the stuff. Until now.”
Fitz's eyes light up and he squeaks, "Goop and goo collecting! I like it! No, I love it! I wonder if it's really black or if it's a midnight blue that just looks black until you get up real close like. Ho-Ho, I'm loving this already! Wait! You said it was grey, didn't you? Hmmm....now that is an interesting development."

She leans in a little closer.
“I heard that a group recently brought a little of the grey stuff back, and that it was a mildly corrosive substance. If that is true, I have several uses for something like that around here. Since nobody really knows what the stuff is, I’m not exactly sure how to tell you to collect it. But if you agree to retrieve some for me, I will supply the containers and pay a fair reward for your trouble.”

"Oh, Fitzenbell Goldenhammer is your man! Erm...Gnome! THE Gnome for the job!"

“You must promise to be careful though. The rumors of the pits have been around as long as there have been people here, so it is possible that they could be very dangerous.”

"Danger? Well, we forest gnomes are known for our bravery. Yessir...I mean, ma'am, we are folk stout of heart and er, and quick of wit. Quite right, quite right."

“So, what do you guys think about that? There might be a few folks you could talk into going along with you. I would definitely recommend that, and will share names if you decide to do it.”
"Oh, I'm ALL in! What about you, Drakkar? Ready to go collect some acidic goop with me? Sounds like loads of fun, don't it?"
He turns back to Nallissa.
"So, when do we start? I'm ready and raring to go right now!"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#290 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa isnt sure what to make of the gnomes enthusiastic replies.

"Excellent! As I said, I dont have a lot of information for you to go off of, other than the location. But I will be pleased if you can provide a sample for your troubles."

Drakkar doesn't look nearly as thrilled as Fitz is about their latest assignment. "Sounds dangerous! We better find a few more to go along with us. You said you had some names?"

Nallissa smiles at the logic of the dwarf.

"Indeed I did. I urge you to find an elf named Maximus Fleetfoot to accompany you. He was in here recently and was looking for something to do as well."

"I have also heard that there is a rather large holy warrior by the name of Sir William who is looking for some people to explore with as well. It never hurts to have a little more muscle along around here."

"If I can think of any others, I will let you know, but at least you have some names now."

I will direct those PC's here so they can join in while I start up your new mission thread.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

On the way back to his tent walks by the Hi-Lo and hears Nallissa say his name. He pokes his head in the Hi-Lo.

Nallissa did you call? I thought I heard my name being called. Hello, Master Gnome I am Maximus Fleetfoot. Who is you dwarf friend here? I think I saw you down the beach earlier looking at that old dilapidated tower. Looks like it will fall in soon. Did someone need healing or was it something else?

Continues up into the Hi-Lo and greets each of them. Looks at Nallissa.

You do realize I have those songs stuck in my head now that we spoke of earlier by Mac Fleetwood. Can't shake the tunes now.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#292 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The knight wanders rather aimlessly, taking the air and giving his thoughts time to settle. He's always been a thinker, prone to examining a situation from all sides before acting. But his thoughts are intruded upon by a lively conversation floating to his ears on the humid breeze.

He spots the doorway from which it emanates and catches the words "holy warrior." His interest piqued, the leonine giant alters course and ducks inside. He momentarily fills the doorway, his shadow falling upon those inside.

"Pardon my intrusion," he rumbles. "I am Sir William Narramore, and I heard talk of a holy warrior as I passed. Am I, perhaps, the man of whom you speak? Or is there another of my vocation on this island?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by hedgeknight »

Darklin2 wrote:Max
Nallissa did you call? I thought I heard my name being called. Hello, Master Gnome I am Maximus Fleetfoot. Who is you dwarf friend here? I think I saw you down the beach earlier looking at that old dilapidated tower. Looks like it will fall in soon. Did someone need healing or was it something else?
Fitz
"Well hello there, Maximus! I am Fitzenbell, Fitz for short, and my friend here is Drakkar. Captain Quark had asked to see if we could repair the leaning tower, but...eh, that type of work really ain't my bag."
Paladin wrote:Sir William Narramore
"Pardon my intrusion," he rumbles. "I am Sir William Narramore, and I heard talk of a holy warrior as I passed. Am I, perhaps, the man of whom you speak? Or is there another of my vocation on this island?"
"Whoa Nelly! I'm suddenly surrounded by giants!" exclaims Fitz. "Howdy, Sir William. You are indeed the holy man Nallissa was talking about. Wow! We have a band of adventurers happening right here, right now!
"How are you fellers at goop collecting?"
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by Darklin2 »

MAx

Hello Fitz, Well met. Are you a practicer of the Arcane arts. I once know a Gnome who could make the coolest illusion. It looked like a troll had walked down the trail and deposited his breakfast, lunch and dinner at different intervals and he would place caltrips, bear traps, or snares in the spots that people would dodge the piles. It was funny when you were on the side lines watching. He was also a practicer of the less than legal arts if you get my drift.

Looks around at all the new faces.

So what bring everyone into the Hi-Lo, other than to see Nall bright and smiling face? Hello Nallissa. Looking radiant this afternoon.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by hedgeknight »

Fitz

The Gnome blushes slightly and looks down at his feet, "Well, erm, I might know a thing or two about such things."

Changing the subject, he says, "Me and Drakkar lugged this crate up here for some other Dwarf named Monocar...or Motorcar or Manowar...I can't really remember his name. But, Nallissa said she hasn't seen him in awhile."
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#296 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Well Fitz, I dabble a bit myself when I have time to learn. I stick with the priestly magic as much as possible. That is until things go south. If you catch my meaning.

Well I am new here myself but I guess the best place to start looking for this Mancur is at the Treehouse. The bar keep there may know how he is. Drakkar is it? did I say it correctly? Your not associated with that band of Stonebutts that was hear earlier are you? They were a rather arrogant lot.

Eyeballs the large crate.

Almost looks like a coffin for an Ogre. Do we have any idea what it is? If he is gone it may benefit the people of this town to open it. But we should look for him first.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#297 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa checks the front of the store again, blushing at the mage and his kind words.

“It’s Monocar, I think. And I havent seen him for weeks. I know I keep saying this, but only because it’s true. A lot of people who go out exploring around here, don’t come back.”

“We have already looked inside and the crate is filled with woodworking things. If I remember correctly, he ordered this stuff from the mainland through Quark so he could start up a sawmill here. I wonder if any of his old friends are still around. Maybe they could use this stuff?”

If this group wants to head out right away, I will get a new mission thread started so you can be off. Still time to recruit a few others, if you want to. Just remember that this action will be at a bit slower pace.

Stand by for the new thread.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#299 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Well I am a woodworker so that sounds excellent. We need a saw mill here. I have spent my spare time as a Carpenter and Mason when my Priestly duties allow me to relax. Maybe I need to meet these friends of his and discuss an arrangement.

Turns to Nallissa:

That is the nature of the things Nallissa. People go to explore the unknown and things happen. People don't always find good things out in the wild, but some people have an inner drive that won't let them sit still for long.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by hedgeknight »

Good to go too, and the slower the pace the better. ;)
Winter is coming...

Return to “Completed Missions”