RP Thread: The Square

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: RP Thread: The Square

#41 Post by Computer +1 »

I assume that Cuon was included in the handshake, "men" and not "elf" was mentioned :)

Cuon is surprised that the metal man reached out to shake his hand. He is momentarily taken aback before quickly thrusting his hand forward. As he shakes the larger hand he wonders how the blond human man moves inside the heavy metal armor.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Cwreando »

Drex accepts the handshake and says, "I am Drex a humble Monk. It shall be an honor to work with you Lord Nash".

Drex will keep his eyes and ears focused on the surrounding area for signs of trouble or things out of the ordinary.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar gives Drex an intrigued smile and slightly leans towards him to whisper. We should spar sometime. I've only heard stories of your kind and various monkly orders. If even a quarter of the stories are true the experience would be invaluable.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Shonuff »

Marcus stands from the table and stoppers the inkwell. He looks to the man on his left and points to the stuff on the table, and the man snaps up the items and Marcus waves the others still in line away. The grizzled warrior takes a moment to look into the courtyard of the Square and you see him nod once into the crowd. He turns and walks toward the Salty Sprite. He pauses and walks to your group.

"Allright men." He pauses looking the brown skinned female and shrugs. "You've each been paid 20 gold coins. Go grab whatever food and water you'll need for two days time from inside the Salty Sprite. Barkeep Gertie is a tough old bag, but she cooks the best rations in this Ward. She sells waterskins... and has been told 'no alcohol' , so don't even try it. I need you all on your sharpest attention when guarding my Lord."

Marcus looks each of you over, pausing his scrutiny on the elf, then a confused look to the stone picking dwarf.

"When you're done, meet back here in ten minutes... now move."
Marcus looks over his shoulder into the Square.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by NJWilliam »

In response to Marcus's confused look, Ulrich returns a serious nod.

Shouldering his pick, he heads into the Salty Sprite to speak with the barkeep,
"If you please, Miss, 4 full waterskins, and enough rations for a human for four days."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#47 Post by JobaTett »

Demon walks up to the bar "In my grim life, I have but one desire, and that one is food...and some water will do. 1 weeks worth."

I also played a lot of Fallout 3 :D

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar walks into the bar eyeballing if there are any beautiful women residing within. If not he will walk up to the bar with the others. My good sir, I am Lord Edgar Nash. I kindly request enough water and rations for 4 days of travel please. You can send the bill to the Nash family estate.

Edgar gives a sly smile and chuckles to himself. His father will surely adore receiving bills on his behalf.
Last edited by AQuebman on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Cwreando »

Drex goes into the building and scans the patrons on the way to the bar. He says,"I'd like 1 weeks rations and fill my skins with fresh water please and add two more skins and water please. I will subtract the necessary funds you require and you may keep and 5 silver for your troubles.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon walks into the building along with the others.
He says in accented CommonI am Cuon. I require a three days rations and water.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Shonuff »

You walk into the Salty Sprite and the wooden swing doors creak slightly as you pass. The hardwood floors are beaten and soft underboot frmo many many people walking on them. The dark wood bar runs the length of the one wall. A portly woman in her 50s stands alert at the helm, while a small underfed boy rushing behind her gathering items under the bar.

The feasthall is completely empty, except for three men. Two armored swordsmen standing guard near a seated third. The man in the chair is wearing purple and gray finerys. Crushed velvet and cotton tunic with tight shortpants with gray hose. Glass-polished black shoes with gold buckles finish off his Noble marked clothes. He sips from his small glass with one hand, and a fig in the other. The man's long blonde hair falls around his face as he looks at you. as you pass his position and approach the bar, he seems to evaluate you each as you speak to the portly woman behind the bar.

Ulrich:
Gertrude looks down at you and smiles wide, he three chins jiggle as she nods to your request. "Aye master dwarf. Comin' right up, sir." She looks to the mousy boy who already has half your order together. "Ere ya go sir, These supplies are on tha house."
Demon:
Gertrude looks to you and nods curtly with a smile. "Comin' right up, Sugah." She turns and takes the items from The boy's hands and hands them to you. "On tha house fer you today, cap'n."
Edgar:
You approach the bar Gertrude's eye open wide and she smiles, giving a proper curtsie behind the bar. She stands again and smooths her apron smiling " Well M'lord, Such fine armor and your hair like straw of gold. I shall get your things right away, sir." The boy has your items together on the counter as Gertrude turns around. " This is on the house , M'lord."
Drex:
You order your items and the mousy boy behind the bar runs around as you speak. The woman nods and smiles to you. Her hand gather the items together as the mousy boy places them atop the bar. "As you've ordered , sir. And i cannot take tha money. These have already been paid fer by your provider. Enjoy them"
Cuon:
As you enter the bar, you notice Gertrude's eye goes immediately to your left arm. She then looks to you and smiles. Her attitude is light and doesn't darken, not seeing any armband. She nods and quickly places your order, waving off any coin. "On the house, Master elf."
Marcus appears inside the door and looks to the seated man. With a slight pause, Marcus turns to you all and clears his throat. "Lets go outside." The seated man eats another date as his other hand holds up the glass. The mousy boy hurries over to him and pours him more liquor.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Cwreando »

Drex makes eye contact with the seated man and then the two guards just before he orders. He heads outside at the request of Marcus.

Drex takes his items and thanks the kind lady and boy.

Drex's emotions remained calm simply by virtue of his training and morale outlook on life.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#53 Post by JobaTett »

Demon follows him outside.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon saw the woman look for the band on his arm but was surprised not to see a scowl on her face after.
He nods grimly as he collects his order. My thanks.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar's frowns as he looks around and sees the bar devoid of any beautiful girls. He glances at the noble at the table to see if he recognizes him from his family's past gatherings. He then turns his attention back to Gertrude at the bar. "Thank you m'lady you are too kind."

Edgar grabs his provisions as Marcus walks in. A clear scowl crosses his face, though he does his best to suppress it. At Marcus's command he steps outside never letting the man leave his sight, nor his hand stray far from his longsword.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by mithrandir138 »

D'oh! I could have sworn I already had rations in my inventory. Oops.

Branek approaches the woman behind the bar and requests with a nod -- his voice is flat and his pleasantries forced and unemotional: "My fine lady, I require a weeks worth of edible provisions. I care not of the variety, so prepare or gather what is convenient for you. I also ask that my waterskin be filled with water, if you would be so kind."

Branek has learned to at least feign politeness, as this seems appropriate in social situations and is merely a necessity. He is aware that others may mistake his solemn demeanor for rudeness, so he does his best to adjust while staying within the tenets of his faith.

He will attempt to pay for these items, of course.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#57 Post by Shonuff »

Branek:
You order your items and the mousy boy behind the bar runs around as you speak. The woman nods and smiles to you. Her hand gather the items together as the mousy boy places them atop the bar. "As you've ordered , sir. And i cannot take tha money. These have already been paid fer by your provider. Enjoy them"

Once you all move back outside, i'll continue and i'll need a RP of moving outside and roll me a observation roll with a +4 penalty

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by mithrandir138 »

Branek thanks both the boy and the woman and packs the things into his pack. As he is putting is pack back on his back he turns to scan the room and out of habit looks to ensure that the normal precautions have been made to ward off the undead (hanging garlic cloves, holy signs displayed on the wall, etc.) He catches himself doing this and his comforted that his instincts for this are still sharp. He felt a quieting in his thoughts and a calm wash over him, as he normally did when he had performed actions that pleased his deity. This was the feeling that kept him loyal. As he actively tries to hide the outward display of his content, he puts on a stern face and makes way to the front door.

Observation roll: [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Cwreando »

Drex after thanking the two turns and starts to head outside. Drex again makes eye contact with the seated man and the guards but doesn't stare. He continues out the door and keeps to himself unless his presence is needed or is spoken to.

Observation Roll:: [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by NJWilliam »

Ulrich thanks Gertrude for the rations, nods politely to her, and nods in acknowledgment to the three swordsmen as he heads back outside, with a slight tug on his beard.

Ulrich Observation (need 16 or under): [1d20] = 1
Woot!
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows II”