OOC THREAD FOUR....

#1 Post by max_vale »

New OOC thread....

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC THREAD FOUR....

#2 Post by kipper »

Is everything in the Equipment thread purchasable by us, including illegal and military items?

How much would a Medical Droid (for the ship) cost?

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by kipper »

I think Kitkatarra should get a commlink, I believe she's the only character without one at the moment?

I guess we should wait and see how the Nova Kestrel gets pre-modified before we can make any specific decisions, but we can at least discuss it now as a wish list and then see later what we can actually afford.

I think a Bacta Tank and/or a Medical Droid and Medicines could be a good idea (from an in-character point of view; although from a meta-gaming perspective I'm not sure it would get much use when we really need it because when we're wounded on an actual mission we'd usually need to complete the mission before we have time to return back to the ship to heal up!) If we get a Medical Droid we should get a Droid Tool Kit as well.

Full Space Suits and/or Flight Suits & Flight Helmets (with commlinks) for everyone would be nice too if we can afford it, handy in specific circumstances.

Hidden compartments, well you can never go wrong with hidden compartments!

A subspace comms pack could be helpful too in the right circumstances.

Mount a (detachable) Repeat Blaster(s) somewhere near a cargo bay door, so it can be used to cover hasty retreats or can be taken off-ship and set up outside.

Max mentioned the possibility of a Speeder Bike. I can see the appeal of this in-character, but meta-gaming tells me the main drawback of this is that it can only hold two people maximum, so we'd need to split up the party to use it.

As to other mods to the ship I don't really have any specific preferences, although I'm partial to adding better sensors/speed/manoeuvrability rather than armour and weapons. But I haven't looked into this in too much detail yet, lets wait and see how the pre-modifications go.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by kipper »

Here is a tentative (not final) list of items Clark wants to purchase. I could forego the expensive new Blasters if we need more money for a vital ship modification.

-4 Additional Powerpacks: 100 credits
-8 Additional Medpacs: 800 credits
-Commlink: upgrade to hands-free (if not already): 25 credits

-Holdout Blaster: 350 credits.
-Heavy Blaster Pistol: 750 credits.
-Blaster Rifle: 1,000 credits.

-Grapnel Thrower: 250 credits
-Macrobinoculars: 150 credits.
-Glow Rod: 5 credits.
-Chronometer: 25 credits.
-Recording Rod: 30 credits.

-Face-breathing mask: 125 credits.
-Pack: 25 credits.

TOTAL: 3635 credits

That leaves 6365 credits left to spend on the ship.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

A comm link for Kit is a good idea and it is cheap, but I am not sure who even understands her. I will come up with a list when I have a couple more minutes.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by kipper »

I believe we've been assuming that Clark translates for everyone else.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

I've only got time for a real brief post; but to answer a few questions/thoughts/etc. I'm seeing here....

1. Yes, anything (but please run it past me first just in case! :) ) I'm putting in the Equipment/Mods threads can be purchased by you guys including illegal stuff

2. While the next adventure may not make use of certain equipment/vehicles.....I will do my best to modify/adapt future adventures to ensure that equipment, vehicles get a chance to be used. In fact, after SCAVENGER HUNT (the next adventure) I'm kinda leaning towards a bit of a 'sand-boxy' setting to give you guys room to roam about in a ship (with or without speeders/speeder bikes/whatever you might purchase).....but we'll cross that bridge when we get there! :)

3. I'll put up a quick list of a few Droids you guys can purchase....in general the price range will probably be in the 3-10 thousand credit range; depending on what your looking for. I think I'd make a FX Medical Droid (essentially a surgeon Droid that can't move on its own) cost something towards the lower end of the spectrum....

4. Vale and Clark can pretty much understand Kit with no issues unless she says something REALLY technical or Wookie specific (i.e. The abcdef trees of Kashyyk only bloom in the double full moon in leap years, attracting the rarely seen ghijk birds, whose appearance marks the beginning of the ancient harvest holiday known as-; etc. etc.). The others will have spent enough time around her to get the basics; i.e. "Look out, It's Imperials!"....but probably have to make a Languages skill roll to get; "Look out! A squad of Stormtroopers on the right flank while a pair of Scout Troopers on Speeder Bikes is coming from the upper left near the bushes!".

Anyway, I hope the helps.....and you know what....I'm feeling generous....I'll say the new ship gets a storage locker with four Utility Space Suits that the Alliance took from the Outrunner and gave to you guys as you embark on your next mission aboard the Nova Kestrel! Least I can do with you guys putting up with my delays!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

Okay.....all done the Equipment and Mods List...so please take a gander.....make some choices....etc., etc.

Right now; if I'm doing my math correctly....if Clark gets that tentative list of equipment for himself; the party has about 48,000 credits to throw into Gear/Ship Mods.

PLEASE let me know if somebody has a question about something not on the lists, etc.

I'll get the new adventure going here shortly! (Next couple of days)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Starbeard »

Thanks for the deck plans!

Just for clarity: if I'm interpreting the plans right, we can't have the ramp lowered and access the cockpit at the same time, since the ramp is the hallway, and it loads into the rec area. Is that right? From outside we have to lower the ramp, walk up into the rec area, close the ramp, then walk into the cockpit? (edit: I'm only asking because it seems like it would have a bearing on any quick escape plans we make)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by max_vale »

Hey amigo; while the ramp being lowered makes entrance to the cabin tricky, it's NOT impossible as there will be a small ledge on both sides (with hand grip bars on the ceiling) for 'easy' step over/arounds. It might be tricky to do so if being shot at/stressed/etc.; but in general it's not that big of a deal.

I hope that helps!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul wants weapons.

60 rounds enforcer 100cr
4 flechette rounds 300cr
electro staff 400cr
light repeat blaster 2500cr

=3300cr

Thinking about an optional grenade launcher. If we have some money left over.

Smuggler's compartment is always fun.
A supply of medkits and a medical droid would make us more self-sufficient.
A land vehicle would be good and then upgrades to the ship.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Kit

Blaster Carbine (back-up to keep on ship) 850 cr
2 Headset ComLinks (1 back-up on ship) 250 cr
Subspace compack 500 cr
10 glow rods 50 cr
50 days rations 500 cr
watch 25 cr
Macrobinoculars 150 cr
Pack 25 cr
sleeping bag 10 cr
4 Face breathing mask 500 cr
10 Medpacks 1000 cr
Power generator with frame pack 520 cr

Total 4380 cr, leaves me with 620 cr to donate, but I did cover some medpacks.
Last edited by Rex on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by max_vale »

A few quick notes:

1. I realized I forgot rules about Fire Control for weapons (DOH!) and the difference between '2 Medium Lasers'; '2 Medium Lasers Fire linked' and Twin Medium Lasers'....sigh....I will correct this

2. I also forgot to list a 'Power Generator' for purchase.....which can be used to re-power everything from Blaster Power packs to Repeat Blasters to Glow Rods and Recording Rods to Droids.....doh! (So Rex, you may not want to buy 30 Glow Rods...but then again, maybe you do, your call!)

3. I am going to change the description of the 'Med Bay' to include 3 packages of Medicines (or up to 90 treatments of injuries....though the medicines WILL go bad after 6 months)......not sure if that changes anyone's mind about all the Medpacs people are buying (32 and counting including those bought by Starboard)

4. First Post for 'Scavenger Hunt' coming tonight.....I'll give everyone until Friday to decide on any gear/mods for the ship. If I haven't heard back from Solo or ybn; I'll make a call on the 'previously done' mod for the ship and how to spend skill points and give the pool of $ to the group as a whole.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Edited my purchases.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by ybn1197 »

What is the cost to gain a new skill? II would like to have Jackson learn Languages so Kit has more translators. His Knowledge is 3D.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by max_vale »

ybn: Basically to raise any skill by +1 pip (i.e. 3D to 3D+1, 3D+1 to 3D+2, 3D+2 to 4D, etc.) costs a number of skill points equal to the number before the D....i.e. to raise a skill from 3D+2 to 4D would cost 4 skill points....to raise a skill from 5D to 5D+1 would cost 5 skills points, etc.

You have 12 skill points to spend.

You also have 10,000 credits to spend on equipment and/or mods to the Ship.

Let me know if you have any more questions/concerns.

Everyone: I'm giving Solo a few more hours to respond.....if I don't hear from him, I'll spend his skill points and make some decisions on the ship mod and what to do with his chunk of loot....

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by max_vale »

Okay, I've gone ahead and updated everyone's Character Sheets with what they've purchased, updated skills (including updating Cal's skills), etc.

Ybn: please spend your skill points and if there's equipment you want to buy with your 10,000 credits, please let me know soonest or I'll go ahead and make the best changes I can think of and throw out some ideas for how to use the $ for equipment for Jackson and updates for the Ship.

Everyone: Okay, so tallying up everything that's been spent and looking at ideas that have been flying around out there here's some observations, thoughts, etc.

1. I took the liberty of using some of Cal's funds to purchase 4 Storage Lockers for the ship....

-I figure one can be used for Space Suits (remember I'm giving you guys 4 Utility ones)

-1 can be used for Spare Weapons (the group has a LOT....looking at you two Zuul and Clark :) )

-1 could be for Spare Medpacs/medical supplies as the party has 25 Medpacs at present...Kit can carry 5 in her Satchel and everybody else can chuck some in Packs if you like; but I'm thinking having a "medical supplies" locker on the Ship is probably a good idea....but it's the group's call)

-The last can be used for whatever spare equipment you might collect, choose to put in there now, etc.

Basically....the group now has more than they can wander around carrying....(which is the point of this shopping spree, I just need to know what people are 'walking around with' and what's 'back on the ship')

2. Everybody seems to like the idea of a 'Hidden Smuggling Compartment'; so I'm going to have that be an earlier modification to the Nova Kestrel that Cal had done before he met all of you. (A.k.a. you don't have to pay for it!) This will subtract 10 tons of Cargo Capacity from the ship's Starboard (right) Cargo Bay.

3. So, if I use 7,400 credits of Cal's money (minus the 600 for the Storage Lockers and leaving him with 4K to buy his own stuff); plus what everyone else has left-over (minus ybn's 10K.....but I'll throw that into the mix too if I don't hear anything in the next day or two); that leaves a pool of about 30,400 credits. Here's my proposal on mods to the Ship using that money:

-1 Heavy Laser Cannon Turret (5D damage) with Gunwell (i.e. the Gun has a 360 degree turning chair and read-out display for targeting and firing a la Han's guns on the Faclon) and +1D Fire Control; either centrally located on the Top (Dorsal) or Bottom (Ventral) of the Ship. This will eat up 3 tons of Cargo Capacity from the Port (Left) Cargo Bay.

Cost: 19,400 credits

-Turn one of the Cabins into a Medical Bay. This will come with Medicines for up to 60 treatments over 6 months and if the Storage Locker of Medpacs is put in here; there's more treatments. The 2 medical chairs/beds plus Doctor's tools will certainly help out anyone doing the treating of the injured (or if Cal and/or Jackson go with the buying a Medical Droid idea)

Cost: 10,000 credits

-Turn the table in the lounge area of the Ship into a Hologame table to ease the boredom of long trips in space

Cost: 1,000 credits

Total: 30,4000 credits

Note: This DOES mean that one of the Cabins is now a Med Bay, so that leaves 2 Cabins with 2 bunk beds and 1 Cabin with 1 large bed....so either somebody is sleeping in the Med bay, sleeping in the lounge area, 'hot-racking' somewhere, or 2 people are snuggled up in the big bed....:)

Thoughts?

Again: This STILL leaves 14 K between Cal and Jackson to make some choices/add $ to possible mods.

Note: This is only my suggestions....but seeing as how I want to get the adventure rolling....if I don't hear any major objections/alternate ideas in the next couple of days, I'm running with it as the mods to make. I hope that's cool with everyone!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Looks good to me. Kit is fine sleeping in the Med bay.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by kipper »

I also approve of all the suggested modifications.

Regarding Clark's Blaster collection, yeah I was thinking he would take just up to two at a time when he leaves the ship, depending on the situation:

Diplomatic/"Unarmed" = Holdout Blaster Pistol
Ready for trouble, but not asking for it: Holdout Blaster Pistol, Heavy Blaster Pistol
Expecting a firefight: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle

His older two weapons (Blaster Pistol and Blaster Carbine) would simply be kept on the ship as emergency back-up weapons.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson's Skill Points

Add Languages 3D+1 for 3 points
Add Security 4D+1 for 4 points
Add Blaster 5D+2 for 5 points

Return to “WEG Star Wars 1st Edition d6”