Spending Experience Points

Harpoonrgm84a
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Spending Experience Points

#1 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, just so everyone is on the same page on this, when spending experience points, you can increase stats, racial traits, and known skills with no down time or training. However, when buying a new skill that your character doesn't have yet, you need to go through the time period of training to get this skill. If you do it in game, then I will set you up a time table on how long it will take. Otherwise, you can do it between adventures.

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Spending Experience Points

#2 Post by MajorTom »

Does this include weapon skills?

I was assuming that anyone could use, for example, a laser pistol without any levels in the skill and then later they could buy a level to get better.

I can definitely see where training should be required for Demolitions and maybe Martial Arts but just want clarification for Beam Weapons, Gyrojet Weapons, Melee Weapons, Projectile Weapons and Thrown Weapons.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The training rule applies to the more technical skills listed. Weapons do not fall into that category. thanks for asking.

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Jaakari »

So to follow up, we can spend points in our PSA (say thrown weapons) without training. Computer or medical skills would require time to train, correct?

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”