Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 3

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 3

#121 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well Now What? Benham the Statue?

Benham pleads with his gen to help him and slowly turns to stone even though Ishaq smacked the scroll out of his hands the change continues slowly creeping up the Sha'ir's arms. He is now stone up to his elbows. Benham now that the scroll was knocked away please make another save v magic roll. Meanwhile Emma suggests cutting off the Sha'ir's arms which some find most alarming to hear suggested so soon. Dubb thinks to himself that a spell might help but nobody responds do to the though being thought rather than verbalized. Other than Emma, Ishaq and Dubb nobody else says a word too awe struck by the turn of events that nobody appears to know what to do now. The skeleton honor guards watch unable to do anything and some still stand there holding the comatose form of Asad.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

She screams to break everyone's stupor. EITHER SOMEONE SEND A GENIE FOR A SPELL OR SOMEONE WITH A SWORD CUT OFF HIS ARMS!!! BETTER NO ARMS AND ALIVE THAN STONE AND DEAD!!! she says jumping up and down so the bigs notice her. She gives a panicked look at Benham as the stone continues up his arms and she feels helpless.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#123 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir stands, quietly sobbing, resigned to his fate.
Save results sent in PM to Ed to keep the suspense level high. :twisted:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Benham hold your arms out if you want them removed. Hopefully your genie finds something before the swing of the sword. Anuzal raises his sword over his head.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Gods dammit! Benham, tell your skeletal minions to put Asad down and obey someone else. I'm going to try to slow this down. I have no idea if it will work. Hold off for a moment on cutting his arms off, give me a chance." Dubb pulls out his jar that he found on the holy man and opens it. If it's drinkable, he'll do so.

"Also! Someone cut off his pack as Jafar said. Get that rod. I don't know what will happen if Benham loses control. Be careful!"

GreyWolfVT

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Opening the Jar Dubb finds inside an oil not something drinkable but something he would have to apply to his body or maybe objects.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb quickly puts some oil on his face, and Benham's face as well. "I ask you Haku, Master of the Desert Wind, to give me the strength to aid my companion and friend so that we may live another day to serve you. We aim to find and reveal the truths of Al-Anwahr."

Dubb takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and waits for the briefest of moments to see what happens. If nothing miraculous happens, he'll cast Hold Person on Benham.

GreyWolfVT

#128 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Benham is held in place arms as they previously were when trying to read the scroll the change to stone continues up his arms now almost to his shoulders. THe oil has no effect on the Sha'ir but Dubb does become more attuned with Haku his hold person spell works faster than he normally would expect. He feels at one with his god things appear to be a bit more clear to him.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb feels amazing. Like the very heavens opened up and sang to him. The heavenly choir moves him to tears, even if they do need more baritones. "Haku. I know what to do now, thank you." He starts moving his feet and shimmying his shoulders. "Gods, this is amazing!"

He turns to Benham and smiles. "Do not worry, my friend. That last spell may not have stopped it, but I'm confident that this will." Dubb lays his hand on the almost stone shoulder of Benham and whispers a prayer. Well, whisper-sings a prayer.

Dubb casts remove curse. :D

GreyWolfVT

#130 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Benham still held slowly stops turning into a statue for the garden room, and then the stone parts slowly turn back to flesh before everyone's very eyes. Surely this must be some sort of miracle or act of god!

Ishaq his grow wide "Dubb your god Haku surely is a merciful and powerful being. I cannot believe it you saved Benham! See Emma we didn't even need to cut any arms off." he gives her a sly smile then pokes her.

Scott308

#132 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Despite no longer turning to stone, the sha'ir nevertheless stands still as a statue
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

After a period of time (the normal hold person timeframe) Benham is oily but can move once more. Dubb too is oily like a greased up strongman showing off his skills in a carnival. (Yes I might have mixed my cultures up here sorry.)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb still has a giant smile on his face and looks like he's having the time of his life. "Sorry about the Hold, Benham. Hey! Did you feel the stoning when you were held? Did it help with the pain at all?"

He suddenly starts spinning in circles, chanting and whooping. "Can you feel this? I mean, even colors are brighter!" He stops spinning and the skeletons and Asad come into view. "ASAD! Yes! I think I can wake him up! Haku is limitlesssss!"

He moves to Asad and places his hand on the sleeping giant. "Haku, please hear my call and lift the veil of slumber from our large friend."

Dubb casts Remove Curse yet again.

GreyWolfVT

#135 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Asad awakens in the arms of 3-4 skeleton honor guards. It worked!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad. Asad the Lion. He awakens slowly from his long and magical slumber. He sees the ceiling. He doesn't recognize where he is. He doesn't remember how he got there. Am I near the fountain? Why am I so thirsty if i was? Why do I feel sore like I've been dragged around and dumped like a sack of potatoes? Why is this bed so hard and bony?

He turns his head and sees some faces he recognizes. He harumphs. He turns his head further and sees skeletons - alive and carrying him. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?!"

He flails and struggles and falls to the ground. He rises and draws his mighty sword and unleashes his fury upon them!

Scott308

#137 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

HOLD, ASAD! Those skeletons are under my control. They carried you while you slept.

Turning to Dubb, he replies, That was quick thinking, Friend. I had seen no spells that would have helped in this situation, but now I can send Jafar for it in the future. To answer your question...I could not move, but I was aware of everything. The pain was...I hope you never have to feel pain like that. Imagine a mountain being placed on your hands, slowly moving up your arms. I can hardly believe my hands and arms are not crushed beyond all recognition. He holds his hands in front of his face, wiggling his fingers. I never thought I'd do this again. I thought for sure I was going to die.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Dram »

Anuzal glad to see his friends all back to fighting condition. Good! Good! now that everyone is back. We still have the 2 Chimmera's. Do bypass them and hope they do not escape from that room or do we fight them?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ishaq "Well they are not chasing us so how about we try and continue on with the goal we came here for?" the big man suggests being merely more than just the brawn that he looks to be.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Still feeling fine, Dubb tries to suppress a smile at Benham. "I'm sorry to hear that you still felt pain. But yes, Haku provided. It's amazing that there are no lingering effects from that."

He turns to Asad. "It is under control. You've just had an ordeal. Let us help you."

"I'd like to keep moving. Let's find new paths, maybe the threats will be less formidable." Dubb suggests the door to the south.

Return to “Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)”