Action Thread #5 - The Plains

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Action Thread #5 - The Plains

#181 Post by ragnboneshopper »

As he follows Swilbosh to whatever sleeping quarters are available, Thurinor smiles crazily at the choice between stairs or swamp: "I have said it once today, I hate swamps -- no offense intended, dear Swilbosh. And I, too, would like to know what powers once ruled these lands..." He pulls out some dry rations and makes short work of them before retiring for the night, assured that all will be safe and quiet with the ghostly dwarf patrolling above.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#182 Post by Stonjuz »

"There doesnt seem to be anything else up here."Stonjuz climbs back down and, as the trapdoor is shut, he discusses the apparition and also the lack of tower furnishings on the upper level.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by saalaria »

OOC - is there room for all to sleep in Swil's chamber mr DM?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#184 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh conveys everyone back to his room

"You can all rest in here"

He then bustles about clearing his carvings out of the way to leave a good sleeping area for the party.

He then settles down himself.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Thurinor beds down, considering the long day behind and the day of travel to come. He pulls out his spellbook and considers the possible uses of his spells in the various situations he and the party might find themselves. "Are we likely to meet anyone else on our journey tomorrow, Swilbosh?" He then examines his sword for nicks, plies his whetstone, and lies down, his sword within easy reach. "I assume we don't need to keep a regular watch...," he mumbles.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#186 Post by Stonjuz »

Stonjuz chuckles low to himself and wonders if the elf knows of the human saying about 'assume'. He considers relating the joke but keeps it to himself and states, "Of course we are gonna do regular watches. This ain't the Gem City. I can take the first one but I will be needing to sleep too, so who should I wake up first?"

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#187 Post by Vargr1105 »

We already have a watch roster set up on the appropriate thread. If Stonjuz wants to be the first this time that is OK. Unless someone wants to do anything else or ask Swilbosh something I will progress the narrative to the nighttime soon.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by saalaria »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Thurinor beds down, considering the long day behind and the day of travel to come. He pulls out his spellbook and considers the possible uses of his spells in the various situations he and the party might find themselves. "Are we likely to meet anyone else on our journey tomorrow, Swilbosh?" He then examines his sword for nicks, plies his whetstone, and lies down, his sword within easy reach. "I assume we don't need to keep a regular watch...," he mumbles.

"Hard to sssay. I ssssometimes see a few humansss together and then only animalsss for many dayssss then a human then no one"
Swilbosh beds down - he will sleep (or should that be ssssleep?!) with one eye open, having only just met these humans.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Thurinor smiles crazily. "Very well, master dwarf. Only checking to see if we're all paying attention..." On his watch, the elf will pull out the sheet of copper with the lizard imprinted on it to look at. He'll give it to Swilbosh when he wakes as a token of appreciation for his hospitality.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#190 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 4 - Dawn - Grassy Plain/The Lake Fortress

No ill events happen during the night, the most comfortable one the characters have had since findning themselves on Hardway Mountain now that they have a roof over their heads. The party awakens after restful sleep while the sun is rising in the East (presumably still hidden behind the mountains).

Character Hit Points have been updated to account for natural healing. Only Ozborn is still hurt. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=652#p14202

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#191 Post by Sir Clarence »

Waking up early, Andrin quietly leaves the tower to greet the rising sun in his morning prayers. He also speaks a prayer to Beory, asking for his spells for the new day. Waiting until his companions awake, he enters the tower again to join them and have breakfast, and then packs up his belongings and readies himself for this day's walk to the Great Stair.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#192 Post by zebediah »

Before the party starts moving Ogirdor approaches the lizardman Swilbosh, is there any equipment or resource in this old battlement that could be of use for us in our way?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#193 Post by Stonjuz »

"You know, ....", Stonjuz rises from his morning rituals comfortably and says, ".....with a little irrigation and some patchwork here and there, this place could be turned into a tourist destination. The solitude and the views and fishing too. Even the ghost upstairs may have some marketable attributes. A bed and breakfast for the well to do, haunted house, thrill-seekers, at least."

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#194 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Even the ghost upstairs may have some marketable attributes. A bed and breakfast for the well to do, haunted house, thrill-seekers, at least.
Thurinor perks up at this, his smile strange and out of place for anyone familiar with elves: "If ever we make it safely out of this, I would join you and Swilbosh in this venture. I can imagine the strange beasts we might collect. Take the giant bats, for instance..." As he busies himself with packing and checking his spell components, Thurinor describes the wyverns with clipped wings and tails and the free-roaming owlbears fed on lizards and the griffons chained to the heights just out of reach of the paths where visitors would climb to the upper lakes.

"Great sages would come from far round in order to study up close what they had previously only read about." When he realizes those who are staring at him, he shoots a questioning look: "What? Do the rest of you want to help too?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by saalaria »

zebediah wrote:Before the party starts moving Ogirdor approaches the lizardman Swilbosh, is there any equipment or resource in this old battlement that could be of use for us in our way?
Following his morning dip in the lake, Swil gathers up his gear in his pack including plenty of his dried fish. He gulps some more down this morning and offers it around to the others..

"Pleassse take what you want but I am not sure there isss too much here to choossse from." he offers in response to the question.

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#196 Post by Sir Clarence »

Andrin gladly accepts Swilbosh's offer and adds a few dried fish to his meager rations, carefully wrapping them in whatever old piece of cloth or leather he's able to find before placing them in his bag.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#197 Post by zebediah »

Ready to leave when you guys are says the ranger as he makes his way outside and I suggest we move quickly. Thus far we don't know how much we might have to travel so it would be smart making good use of the time we have.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Thurinor gladly accepts a bite of Swilbosh's dried vittles, smiling as he chews. "I'm ready. Let's be gone with us!"

Before leaving, Thurinor searches out a half dozen usable crossbow bolts that will fit his crossbow and adds them to his quiver.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#199 Post by Stonjuz »

Knowing that his rations of fresh greens has whittled down considerably, Stonjuz takes the offered fish and stows them, first offering a fine specimen to Turtlepoo. Carrying and feeding the pet until the group is well past the bridge, before strapping the turtle into place upon his helm once again.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#200 Post by saalaria »

Swil leads off to the stair - keeping his eyes peeled along the way

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”