Missing Character?

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Missing Character?

#1 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Help?
One of my players (reddicediaries) just made a new character named "Gringol", char ID 6965, and linked to my campaign #777. I can see him listed as one of the characters in the campaign and see the roll for his stats. The problem is he's gone missing. He is not listed under the player's "Characters' list in the dice roller. That shows he has no characters. If I make a new character and roll his stats, then go back to my character list without doing anything else, he's there. Any idea what's up?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Missing Character?

#2 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Another related question while I'm here -
Is there a way for the DM/Campaign owner to directly access the character sheets of chars within his campaign (to make edits or whatever)? Or can I only see it the embedded version that's put into a post on my game forum?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

You can't access the sheets directly as the DM, but you can direct the players to make changes.
Just want to check this piece out...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

I see all the rolls (well just the attribute rolls) that Gringol made here: http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... ts&pc=6965

It looks like Gringol is appropriately linked to your campaign: http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... mpaign=777 (holy carp Pernorin's stat rolls!)
Maybe it's because they haven't finished the character sheet yet? If that's not the case I hope one of the more tech-y Admins step in, or ToniXX might have something to fix. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Hmm. Thanks for looking. Like I said, once the character is started, it should show up in his character list right? He can't see anything there, to go back and edit now. His list is empty. "There are no characters for this profile."
RE: Pernorin- I know, right?!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

Yes, it's a character, so it should show up in his list when he clicks on "Characters". This is probably something ToniXX needs to look at... it may have happened before.

PS: Most DMs have gone to a attribute array or having their players roll 4d6 (or whatever) in "Roll the Dice" and attaching their character name to the rolls... our "Roll Stats" button allows you to choose whether you want to keep the stats or not - and in the past we've had folks hit "Nay" a few times to get a better set of rolls. It only logs the rolls when you press "Aye" to keep them. Not that I'm saying this happened here, but our die roller is usually pretty brutal, not pretty generous :lol:

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

LOL. I'm sure people are gaming the system. I'm not that concerned, really. I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Just saw this msg from RDD over on Discord:
John Alan Large|Red Dice Diaries Today at 2:37 PM
Nope, just had a look at home and the same thing is happening, I can see the character sheet if I use the following URL:
http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... et&id=6965

But I can't see it in my list of characters.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by VonAlric »

I was as shocked as you guys when I rolled that. Funnier thing is I'm holding that character back if the first one dies.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by ToniXX »

I checked this out and the PC in question, 'Gringol' has the archived bit set to true. Thus, this PC is in the users archived PC list. When a user is looking at his or her list of characters, there's a link that says 'View archived characters.' Click that link and this PC should be seen. It can then be un-archived.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Ah, thank you. He must have hit that by accident. I'll pass along the info.

Return to “Help and Support”