Dogma - Lurking / out

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Character sheets

#2 Post by NJWilliam »

In progress - awaiting "spellbook" info

Observation: 16
Last edited by NJWilliam on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Computer +1 »

Name: Cuon
Class: Sylvan Elf Archer
Level: 1

Alignment: Neutral
Race: Elf
Height: 4' 7"
Weight: 105
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel

XP : 0
Next: 2,000

AC: 8 leather armor (-4 Dex) 4
Hit Points (Current/Max): 10/10
Base Movement: 12"
Modified Move: "

Thac0: 20

STR: 14 (HitProb -, Dmg Adj -, Weight Allow 55, Max Press, 170, Open door, 8, BB/LG 7%)
DEX: 19 (React. +3, Attack +3, Def -4)
CON: 11 (hp 0, SS 75%, RS 80%, PS 0, Regen -)
INT: 13 (Lang 3, ill imm-)
WIS: 11 (Mag Def Adj 0, Spell Imm -)
CHR: 12 (Max Hench 5, LB 0, RA 0)

Observation: 12

Saving Throws:
Aimed Magic Items: 16
Breath Weapons: 17
Death, Paralysis, Poison: 14
Petrification, Polymorph: 15
Spells: 17

Weapon Proficiency:
Composite Short Bow (specialized) (+3 to hit, +1 racial bonus, additional +2 point at blank range)
Long Bow (proficient)
Short Bow (proficient)
Knife (proficient) 1d3/1d2
*flight arrow 1d6

Non-Weapon Proficiency:
Bowyer/Fletcher (dex -1)
Hunting (wis -1)
Survival (int 0)
Tracking (wis)

Equipment:
Composite Bow
Spare Bow strings (2) (in pouch #2)
Bowstringer (in pouch #2)
Quiver
Flight Arrows (30)
Knife
Bracers
Leather armor
Cloak
Boots
Belt
Belt pouch (2)
Woven cord necklace (in pouch #1)

Special Abilities:
• 90% resistant to sleep- and charm-related spells. Even if they fail a check, they get the save usual for such spells.
• Sylvan elves easily befriend natural woodland creatures. Unlike rangers, however, wood elves can only perform this trick with woodland creatures; against a desert lion, they must be as careful as any other being.
With the natural creatures of the woodlands, the wood elves' power is especially useful. Unless the animal is already hostile, sylvan elves can automatically shift its reaction by two categories. This ability applies only to natural forest creatures. It is not a charm spell and cannot be used to enthrall creatures of the forest. Creatures friendly to the elf will not accompany him unless persuaded somehow. The ability does not work on monsters.
• Elves gain a special bonus with bows, excluding crossbows. When firing a bow, an elf gains a +1 to attack rolls. This does not apply to damage unless a specially made bow is used that takes advantage of a Strength bonus.
• Elves move through forests and other natural terrain silently and almost invisibly. As long as elves are not attacking, they can only be spotted by someone who can spy invisible objects. When elves move through the woods, if they are careful, they will appear only as shadows of the leaves of trees, dancing in the undergrowth. This is of immense value to elves, who can thus gather information about their enemies—enemies who often do not even suspect an elven presence.
• Finally, elves have the ability to give their enemies a –4 penalty to a surprise roll if the elf is: 1) moving alone, 2) is 90 feet away from the rest of their party, or 3) is with other elves or halflings and all are in nonmetal armor. If the elf must open a door or screen to get to the enemy, the penalty is reduced to –2.
•The Archer is an expert with her style of bow. In combat, the Archer may elect to do one of two things. She may either fire faster than most are able to, or she may use a bonus on trick shots.
If she elects to fire faster, she may take an extra shot every two rounds. That means the rate of fire becomes 5/2, rather than the usual 2/1. This still includes her movement. If she chooses to stand still and fire, she may increase her rate of fire to 3/1; however, this enables enemy archers to target her more easily.
If she elects to go with trick shots, she not only gains the usual bonus for specialization and high Dexterity, she also gains a +1 to each shot for every four experience levels.
If the Archer keeps and cares for a bow for more than a month and keeps her arrows sharpened to a keen edge, she may cause 1 hp of additional damage when using these items. If using a different bow or new arrows, she does not gain the bonus. It can only be used with familiar, well-cared-for equipment.

Languages: Sylvan Elven, Common,

Money:
pp: 0
gp: 5
ep: 0
sp: 0
cp: 0
Other:

Background: Cuon was born into a family proud of their long lineage of archers. From birth he has had a bow in his hand and his skill and mastery are the direct result of his upbringing. He proudly defended his home in the forest and lived a fulfilling life until the murder of his childhood love changed him. Cuon left his homeland in pursuit of a man who raped and murdered his bethrothed. He prayed to Kala’Sadat, the elven goddess of vengeance and the hunt, and she sent him a vision of the man whom he sought. He tracked the man to Gothmoor and killed him, avenging his love. All he has of her is a token she made him, a simple necklace.

Appearance: Cuon is 4'7" but by his demeanor you wouldn't know it. He walks with his head held high and shoulders back. His black hair is long and braided back with a cord of leather. His clothing and armor are all the colors of the forest. He moves with a natural ease and grace but when in action, his speed is breathtaking. His composite bow is never out of reach, its dark wood has been oiled and shows years of care.
Last edited by Computer +1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by JobaTett »

FOR DM'S EYES ONLY!

Observation: 15

thirdpotionontheleft
Strider
Strider

#5 Post by thirdpotionontheleft »

WIP

Name: Brock Usaye
Class: Cleric (Fonton)
Level: 1

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 155
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown

XP: 0
Next: 1,500

AC: 4
Hit Points (Current/Max): 9/9
Base Movement: 12
Modified Move: 10

Thac0: 20

STR: 15 (HitProb -, Dmg Adj -, Weight Allow +55, Max Press 170, Open door 8, BB/LG 7%)
DEX: 13 (React. -, Attack -, Def -)
CON: 15 (hp +1, SS 90%, RS 94%, PS 0, Regen -)
INT: 12 (Lang 3, Spell lvl 6th, To Learn 55%, Max spell 9, ill imm -)
WIS: 16 (Mag Def Adj +2, Bonus Spell 2nd, Spell Fail 0%, Spell Imm -)
CHR: 11 (Max Hench 4, LB -, RA -)

Observation: 14

Saving Throws
Aimed Magic Items: 12
Breath Weapons: 16
Death, Paralysis, Poison: 10
Petrification, Polymorph: 11
Spells: 13

Weapon Proficiency: 2 (1+1)
Morning Star (2D4)
Light Crossbow
Light Quarrel * 10 1D4 (ROF 1/ range S=60, M=120, L=180)

Non-Weapon Proficiency:4 ( 1+ 1 + 2)
Healing
Read/Write
Religion

Equipment:
Morning Star 12lb
Crossbow 7lb
Bolts (10)
Meal Per day (Common) *3
Meal per day (Poor) *1
Chain Mail 40lb
Backpack 2lb
Whet Stone 1lb
Torch 1lb
Flint and Steel
Shiled 5lb

Special Abilities:
(WIS = 16, + 10% to XP)

Languages: Common, Dwarfish, Elvish

Money:
pp: 0
gp: 21
ep: 0
sp: 5
cp: 7

Spells: 1 LVL1
Cure Light Wounds

Background:

Personality:
Last edited by thirdpotionontheleft on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cleric (Noun) The thing standing between you and no HP

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Cwreando »

Drex Artimus is a run away from the country to the south Hepulchor and found refuge in monestary in Gothmoor and trained by a master there. The queen ordered my mother an father to fight a senseless war with Gothmoor border patrols and it cost them their lives leaving me an orphan. I ran to Gothmoor in hopes of finding a better life for myself and the monks saved me at the border taking me in.

Drex Artimus Human Monk Age 16 / 119, Ht. 74” / 6’2”, Wt 167 lbs, Green eyes, Red hair light skin
Dark brown robes, tunic, boots or sandals depending on climate with the others in his backpack.

PbP Forum code: Stats: INT:14, DEX:17, WIS:16, CHR:12, CON:17, STR:18

Hyperlink: http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=6857
HTML: <a href=http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... 6857>Stats: INT:14, DEX:17, WIS:16, CHR:12, CON:17, STR:18</a>
Link to character: http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... lts&pc=559

PbP Forum code: [1d100] = 68

Hyperlink: http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=6859
HTML: <a href=http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... 859>[1d100] = 68</a>
Link to character: http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... esults&pc=

: Gold [5d4] = 6

Str 18 (68%) +2 +3 160 305 13 25%
Dex 17 +2+2 -3
Con 17 +3 97% 98% 0 0
Int 14 4 7th 60 9 0
Wis 16 +2 1122 0 0
Cha 12 5 0 0
AC Base 8 -3 dex = AC 5
Alignment LN
Observation = 10
Base movement 15"
HP = 11/11 (Current/Max)
XP = 0
Next Level = 2500

Thaco 20 (1 less than a Warrior of same level)
Hand to Hand (HtH) +2 to hit / damage 1d4 +3 (Add +1 Damage vs Humans) # of attacks 2/1
No Wt on HtH, S, B, Speed 1
Large Shuriken +2 to hit / damage 1d6 +3/1d4 +3 RoF 2/1 Range 20/40/60 Yards
Wt 1, S, P, 4
Small Shuriken +2 to Hit / damage 1d4 +3/1d4 +3 RoF 2/1 Range 20/40/60 Yards
Wt 1, S, P, 4

Normal open hand attacks (monks may also use kicks instead of hands) have affects of their own. An opponent is stunned by a monk for 1d4 rounds if the score of the monk's "to hit" roll exceeds the minimum number required for a hit by 5 or more. This roll must be natural (i.e. not affected by strength or striking from behind). Monks can only stun opponents that they can normally throw. Once stunned, the victim has a 1% chance per level of the monk of having broken a bone (i.e. an arm, leg, wrist, but not neck; roll randomly).

Level 1-4 +1 to Parry, Disarm or Throw and Lunging attacks
Monks gain a bonus on parrying, disarming, or throwing charging opponents and lunging weapons/attacks (i.e. spears and rattlesnake bite attacks). This bonus is +1 per four levels of experience (i.e. +2 at fifth level) up to a maximum of +4 at level 13. This is accomplished by exploiting the momentum of the attacker as the monk redirects it.

Saves
PPD = 14
RSW = 16
PP = 15
BW = 17
Spell = 17

NWP (3 + 4 Lang/NWP)
Common (1)
Read/Write Common (1)
Healing (2) Wis -2
Direction Sense (1) Wis +1
Blind Fighting (2) N/A

WP (1)
Shuriken (1)

There are 12 Large Shurikens and 12 small Shurikens lined inside his robe in sets of 2.
Equipment
12 Large Shurikens in lining of robe
12 Small Shurikens in lining of robe
Belt with 3 pouches (coins seperated in pouches)
Whetstone In backpack
Flint and Steel in Backpack
3 Weeks rations In Backpack
Wine skin in backpack
3xWater skin 2 in backpack one slung around my body.

80 Gold pieces

Arrived in Gothmoor 11_09_12
Hired by Marcus of House Nessrolli master and This job is for protecting a visiting ambassador. Paid 20 gp by Kedd our immediate boss.

Boss paid for rations and water skins

Monk Info

Monk

A monk character is in a class by itself. All monks must practice rigorous mental and physical training and dicipline to achieve their powers. Therefore they must always be lawful in alignment. A monk who for any reason loses this lawful alignment loses all monk abilities and must begin again as a first level character. To become a monk, a character must be human, have a strength of not less than 13, a minimum dexterity of 16, a constitution of 11 or more, and not less than 15 wisdom (Monks may have the exceptional strength and the additional constitution adjustment of fighters.). If a monk has both dexterity and wisdom in excess of 16, he or she gains the benefit of adding 10% to the experience points awared by the Dungeon Master.

Monks Table I: Experience Points and Levels

Experience Level HD (D8) Title
0 1 1 Novice
2,500 2 2 Initiate
5,000 3 3 Brother
10,000 4 4 Disciple
22,000 5 5 Immaculate
40,000 6 6 Master
70,000 7 7 Master of Dragons
125,000 8 8 Master of the South Wind
225,000 9 9 Master of the West Wind
425,000 10 10 Master of the North Wind
675,000 11 11 Master of the East Wind
950,000 12 12 Grand Master
1,250,00013 12 + 3 Grand Master (13th level)
1,550,00014 12 + 6 Grand Master (14th level)

300,000 experience points per level for each additional level above the 14th. Monks gain 3 h.p. per level after the 12th.
Monks Table II: Monks Ability Table

Level AC Move Open hand** attacks per round Open hand damage Special ability Weapon equivalent of hand***
1 8 15" 2 1d4 - -
2 7 16" 2 1d6 - silver
3 5 17" 2 1d6 A silver
4 3 18" 2 1d6+1 B +1
5 1 19" 2 1d6+1 C +1
6 0 20" 5/2 2d4 D +2
7 -1 21" 5/2 2d4+1 E +2
8 -2 22" 5/2 2d6 F +2
9 -2 23" 5/2 3d4 G +2
10 -3 24" 5/2 2d6+1 H +3
11 -3 25" 3 3d4+1 I +3
12 -3 26" 3 4d4 J +3
13 -4 27" 3 4d4+1 K +3
14 -4 28" 7/2 5d4 - +4
15 -4 29" 7/2 6d4 - +4
16 -4 30" 4 5d6 - +4
17**** -5 32" 4 8d4 - +5

* Dexterity adjustments also apply.
** Open hand attacks includes hands and feet.
*** Against creatures hit only by magical weapons (i.e. lycanthropes).
**** No furthur AC, Move, or attacks occur after level 17.

Each special ability is designated by a capital letter.

A. At level 3, a superior sense of balance is learned. A bonus of +20% (+4 saves) vs. factors that would throw a monk off balance (i.e. dex checks vs. falling off a cliff or better AC vs. being thrown by another monk).

B. At 4th level, the monk may begin studies of the anatomy of other species, at the rate of 1 attempt per 2 levels (i.e. another species at levels 6, 8, etc). The anatomies of standard races can be learned automatically (i.e. dwarves, elves, gnomes, hal-elves, halflings, and half-orcs). Chance for learning the anatomies of other species depends on their frequency. The base chance for common monsters is 80%, 70% for uncommon, 45% for rare, 5% for very rare, and -10% for singular entities, plus 1% per point of the monk's wisdom.

C. When a monk is brought to 0 hit points, he does not lose consciousness, although he continues to lose 1 hit point a round and is subject to furthur damage. A 5th level monk can continue to act until down to -1 hp. This decreases by 1 per level (-2 at 6th, -3 at 7th, etc) until a minimum of -10 at 14th level. As soon as the monk reaches his minimum, consciousness is lost. As soon as -10 hp is reached, the monk dies. While still conscious, the monk may still attack, run, even drink healing potions or bandage his own wounds so that when he loses consciousness, he will be returned to the hit point total at the time he first bandaged himself, and not lose anymore hit points. However, additional damage (i.e. from enemies) must be subtracted from this total. To hit, AC, saves, damage rolls (down to 0), and movement rate all suffer a penalty equal to the monk's hit point total (i.e. a 14th level monk at -4 hp gets a -4 penalty on everything). This power results from the almost super-human endurance that the monk has learned against pain and shock.

D. Self-induced catalepsy to appear dead by lowering body temperature and heart rate for a number of turns equal to twice his level (i.e. 12 turns at 6th). In addition, multiple attacks vs. Slow moving (i.e. armor-clad) foes. At 6th level, 1 bonus attack per round vs. those with 6" movement. 2 attacks vs. 3" movement at 7th level. 3 attacks vs. 1" or immobile at 8th. A direct result of the incredible speed of the monk, both in running and with open-"hand" attacks.

E. Ability to heal damage on own body, 1d4 +1 hit points a day. 1d4 +2 hp at 8th level, 1d4 +3 hp at 9th, etc. Or heal half that amount on someone else (round up). Also, when dodging, 1/2 damage if save is failed (i.e. vs. fireball); does not work vs. i.e. petrification.

F. Sixth sense fighting. Even when other 5 senses fail (i.e. deaf and blind), can still continue combat, but must parry. Parry is at -2, but may follow up with no penalty to hit.

G. 18% resistance to ESP, psionics, and other mind affecting spells (i.e. those where wisdom affects saves). Resistance increases 7% per level thereafter, until a maximum of 95% at 20th level. Saving throws apply if resistance fails.

H. In the follow-up disarm after a parry, ability to smash weapon. Must roll (bonuses apply) 5 over the minimum number needed to disarm. Magical weapons are allowed saving throws vs. crushing blow, with each plus counting as a save bonus (i.e. a sword +1 saves at +1).

I. Diseases and poisons do not take affect less than 12 hours after exposure. Before that time, the monk may meditate one hour to cure his disease, or two hours to cure all poisons. Through meditation, able to survive extreme temperatures (not fireballs, etc; only desert or arctic like condidtions), hunger, thirst, or lack of air of a number of days equal to twice the monk's level. Can only walk or swim slowly during this time. Exertion (i.e. running or combat) has a 10% cumulative chance, per round of continuous exertion, of causing loss of consciousness for one hour (but will survive if no creature attacks or the like).

J. A 12th level monk is allowed one roll on the Table of Psionic Disciplines -- Minor Devotions. This ability is performed at the monk's current level, with 20 pseudo-psionic strength points usable only for this ability.

K. Through uninterrupted meditation for an hour, the monk will achieve ethereality for a number of turns equal to his level. During this time, he may act freely (i.e. pass through walls, exit the dungeon, leave jail cells and chains). He may then find a safe location to materialize, which he may do by himself or when the ethereal duration ends. Note, all the monk's possessions, however, do not become ethereal, so the monk must retrieve them when he is solid.

Armor: none.
Shield: none.
Weapons: bo sticks, club, crossbow, dagger, hand axe, javelin, jo stick, pole arms, scimitar, spear, staff.
Oil: no.
Poison: no.

Monks are masters of unarmed combat. Centuries of knowledge have passed from teacher to student, from across the realms, modified and combined, until the monk has become the greatest mind trained in the art of battle. Most monks shun weapons as the last resort of the weak. In melee, often the first action the monk takes is to disarm his opponent. Monks are well trained in the art of self-defense. Many of their attacks are more effective when their opponents initiate the blow, for the monk is able to redirect the force of impact and use an opponent's weight aginst itself. Monks are practised in a variety of attack methods. Before the start of each round, the monk must decide upon his actions: parry, disarm, throw, dodge, or attack normally. Monks gain a bonus on parrying, disarming, or throwing charging opponents and lunging weapons/attacks (i.e. spears and rattlesnake bite attacks). This bonus is +1 per four levels of experience (i.e. +2 at fifth level) up to a maximum of +4 at level 13. This is accomplished by exploiting the momentum of the attacker as the monk redirects it.

A major OFFENSIVE action is the monk's parry, which may be performed as many times a round as the monk has attacks, but must be stopped as soon as the monk follows up. To parry an attack, the monk must roll to hit his attacker. If the parry is successful, the monk may immediately follow up in the same round with one disarm, thorw, or attack attempt.

The second attack form of the monk is the disarm, which may be attempted as many times a round as the monk has attacks (as with parry and throw, see below). Thus the monk may disarm more than one adjacent opponent a round. Monks must roll to hit their opponents, adding to the roll their reaction/attacking adjustment due to dexterity. Success means that the weapon has landed 1d10 feet in a random direction.

The throw may be attempted many times a round, but after the first successful throw, no more attempts can be made (thus, the monk cannot throw more than one opponent a round). The monk must roll to hit the opponent. Success means that the opponent has lost its balance and has fallen. Immense or strange creatures (i.e. red dragons or gelatinous cubes/will-o-wisps) of course cannot be thrown. The maximum size affected is 6'4" +4" per level and 300 lbs +100 lbs per level, up to a maximum of 12' and 2000 lbs at 17th level. Quadrupeds and giant arthropods (plus other many-legged creatures) are difficult to unbalance, thus the monk is at -4 to hit, but is at +2 against flying (with wings, not just hovering like the djinn) creatures. Neither the monk nor the victim may act for the rest of the round after a throw. The victim must spend the next round regaining its footing (winging?). Unless it is part of a parry, the throw allows the victim +2 to hit, if it is able to attack before the throw or if the monk failed to throw, due to the fact that the monk is no longer trying to avoid the opponent.

Dodging is a defensive action in which the monk attempts to use feints, tumbles, and rolls to completely avoid contact with all attackers. Monks get an AC bonus of +1 per two levels, up to a maximum of +8 at level 15. During this round, all damage from weapons and spells, which allow the dexterity defensive adjustment in saves, are at -1 per die, to a minimum of 1 each. When dodging, the monk will sustain no damage if a save if made, even if it were a fireball. The monk may disengage and break off from melee during this time wihtout incurring the free attack routine from opponents. Movement is at normal walking pace. During this time, the monk exposes little of his vital areas to attack and many blows glance off.

Normal open hand attacks (monks may also use kicks instead of hands) have affects of their own. An opponent is stunned by a monk for 1d4 rounds if the score of the monk's "to hit" roll exceeds the minimum number required for a hit by 5 or more. This roll must be natural (i.e. not affected by strength or striking from behind). Monks can only stun opponents that they can normally throw. Once stunned, the victim has a 1% chance per level of the monk of having broken a bone (i.e. an arm, leg, wrist, but not neck; roll randomly).

Due to their study of the human anatomy, monks gain +1/2 per level bonus on damage in open hand battle against other humans (round up). At higher levels, monks may learn the anatomies of other species (note, dragons are not one species; a color/metal/gem/etc must be specified). Armor of chain mail and better, however, prevents use of this knowledge, because pressure points and vulnerable areas (such as the temple, kidney, groin, solar plexus, armpit, etc) are covered up.

The rear kill attack can be performed only when the victim is completely unaware of the whereabouts of the monk. The victim must be relatively montionless (i.e. not running or engaged in melee). The monk must approach undetected from behind, suddenly grab the victim's head (roll to hit, +4 because of surprise), and wrench it quickly to snap the neck. Damage done is 10%, +3% per level of the monk, of the victim's present hit point total, up to a maximum of 70% at 20th level. Damage inflicted is not less than the maximum damage the monk can do with one successful open hand attack, counting all bonuses (i.e. a 1st level monk will inflict a minimum of 4 hp of damage). The victim cannot be over 5/4 the height of the monk. This attack affects only creatures with a spinal cord and neck (or equivalent) that can be broken (Cf. Vorpal Weapon).

Monks have the following abilities which they perform at identical level of experience to that of a thief: move silently, hide in shadows, climb walls. Because of intense mental training and mastery, the monk has developed an extremely acute mind and a sort of sixth sense. The Sense Movement abiltiy is identical to that of the thief's Hear Noise ability in percentage per level. The monk must spend one round in intense concentration. Success indicates that the monk has detected movement beyond a portal, around a corner, or within a room. Only itsgeneral direction can be known. This ability even allows detection of invisible creatures, but not ethereal or out of phase ones. Due to their intense mental discipline, psionic monks gain a 10% bonus to their defensive points, while non-psionic monks gain a +4 save vs. psionic blast attacks.

At 4th level, a monk can fall up to 20' if he or she is within 1' of a wall. At 6th level, 30' within 4' of a wall. At 13th level, any distance within 8'. The monk must have an opportunity to periodically make contact with the wall to slow the fall. Any surface (wall, tree, cliff, etc) may be used. (Note, if a 13th level monk falls 5 miles, the last mile of which is near a wall, he or she falls the equivalent of ONLY 4 miles.) Monks can also perform vertical leaps of half their movement rate in feet, without injury (i.e. a 1st level monk can leap 7'6" straight up). They can also make forward leaps equal to their movement in feet (i.e. 15' at level 1).

Monks save on the fighter table. They attack with a THAC0 of one worse than a fighter of the same level. They may use all magic items usable by thieves. In all other respects (whatever is left), they are treated as a subclass of fighters. Monks never attract followers.

Although they are trained to be specialists in combat, monks are different from other fighters because they favor unarmed battle. Thus, when they use weapons in melee, monks lose many abilities: parry, disarm, throw, dodge, stun, bonus damage due to knowledge, rear kill, multiple attacks per round, and bonus attacks vs. slow opponents. If, because of encumbrance, a monk cannot move at his full rate, the leaping, bonus attacks vs. slow opponents, and dodging ablilities are lost.

Note: When fighting a monk of higher level, certain penalties occur. Parry and throw are at -2 to hit. The bonus dodging AC is cut by half (round up). Stunning requires a roll of 7 over the minimum to hit.

Starting gold: 5d4 gp.
Initial weapon proficiencies: 1.
Non-proficiency penalty: -3.
Added proficiency in weapons per level: 1/3 levels.
Last edited by Cwreando on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by AQuebman »

Below should be my completed character sheet. Let me know if you have any concerns, questions etc.. I guessed we started at max HP but I can roll if you want to handle it that way. I also grabbed equipment based on standard gold rolls.

Observation: 11
Last edited by AQuebman on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by mithrandir138 »

Starting money: [5d4x10] = 12x10 = 120
Observation: 13.5

The Ghosthunter
The Ghosthunter is obsessed with finding and destroying evil undead, including ghosts, spectres, liches, and vampires. To further his goals, the Ghosthunter's deity has provided him with special powers to vanquish his nemeses and resist their evil magic.

Role: A Ghosthunter allies with any acceptable adventuring party that seems likely to encounter his hated foes. Given the opportunity, a Ghosthunter will explore every crypt, cemetery, and abandoned castle to search for undead, attacking relentlessly until the last of them fall or the party leader orders him to withdraw. While a Ghosthunter shares all paladins' hatred of evil, destroying undead is his primary objective.

Ghosthunter Special Benefits:

Dispel Evil: At 5th level, a Ghosthunter acquires the innate ability to cast dispel evil once per day. The spell requires no components, but otherwise operates the same as the 5th-level priest spell of that name. The number of times he can cast this spell increases as he advances in level (see Table 17).

Paralysis Immunity: Ghosthunters of all levels have a 95% immunity to paralysis caused by undead. Additionally, all Ghosthunters have the innate ability to cast remove paralysis. The spell requires no components, but is otherwise identical to the 3rd-level priest spell of the same name. The number of times he can cast this spell increases as he advances in level. (1-4: 3 times, 5-9: 4 times)

Improved Ability to Turn Undead: A Ghosthunter turns undead as a cleric of the same level.

Holy Sword Availability: The Ghosthunter's deity might give the Ghosthunter an opportunity to acquire a sword +3 Purifier at some point before he reaches 6th level.

Special Hindrances:

The Ghosthunter has fewer of the special abilities normally associated with paladins:
  • He can't restore hit points by laying on hands.
  • He can't learn or cast priest spells.
  • He has no magical immunity to diseases.
  • He can't cure diseases in others.
Ghosthunter Info (Paladin info updated with restrictions)
  • A Ghosthunter can detect the presence of evil intent up to 60 feet away by concentrating on locating evil in a particular direction. He can do this as often as desired, but each attempt takes one round. This ability detects evil monsters and characters.
  • A Ghosthunter receives a +2 bonus to all saving throws.
  • A Ghosthunter is surrounded by an aura of protection with a 10-foot radius. Within this radius, all summoned and specifically evil creatures suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls, regardless of whom they attack. Creatures affected by this aura can spot its source easily, even if the Ghosthunter is disguised.
  • A Ghosthunter using a holy sword projects a circle of power 10 feet in diameter when the sword is unsheathed and held. This power dispels hostile magic of a level up to the paladin's experience level.
  • A Ghosthunter may call for his war horse upon reaching 4th level, or anytime thereafter. This faithful steed need not be a horse; it may be whatever sort of creature is appropriate to the character (as decided by the DM). A Ghosthunter's war horse is a very special animal, bonded by fate to the warrior. The Ghosthunter does not really “call” the animal, nor does the horse instantly appear in front of him. Rather, the character must find his war horse in some memorable way, most frequently by a specific quest.
  • A Ghosthunter may not possess more than 10 magical items. Furthermore, these may not exceed one suit of armor, one shield, four weapons (arrows and bolts are not counted), and four other magical items.
  • A Ghosthunter never retains wealth. He may keep only enough treasure to support himself in a modest manner, pay his henchmen, men-at-arms, and servitors a reasonable rate, and to construct or maintain a small castle or keep (funds can be set aside for this purpose). All excess must be donated to the church or another worthy cause. This money can never be given to another player character or NPC controlled by a player.
  • A Ghosthunter must tithe to whatever charitable, religious institution of lawful good alignment he serves. A tithe is 10% of the paladin's income, whether coins, jewels, magical items, wages, rewards, or taxes. It must be paid immediately.
  • A Ghosthunter does not attract a body of followers upon reaching 9th level or building a castle. However, he can still hire soldiers and specialists, although these men must be lawful good in comportment.
  • A Ghosthunter may employ only lawful good henchmen (or those who act in such a manner when alignment is unknown). A Ghosthunter will cooperate with characters of other alignments only as long as they behave themselves. He will try to show them the proper way to live through both word and deed. The Ghosthunter realizes that most people simply cannot maintain his high standards. Even thieves can be tolerated, provided they are not evil and are sincerely trying to reform. He will not abide the company of those who commit evil or unrighteous acts. Stealth in the cause of good is acceptable, though only as a last resort.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows II”