Adventure Section 1.0

Harpoonrgm84a
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Adventure Section 1.0

#1 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Each of you is in the city of Caernon, primary spaceport on the planet New Pale in Truane's Star system, enjoying the day in market square. The area has numerous business locations and there is a park in the south east area, where multiple families are enjoying playing with their kids, eating picnics, playing on the sets, and generally having a great time.
Toward the middle of the square is a holo-screen which is currently running a news program detailing the known facts about the recent incident in the Zebulon star system. Several government officials are trying to hype up the upcoming threat of the Sathar incursions, pointing out that all indications are it is a prelude to a second Sathar war. On the other side of the argument is a local business man who points out that if that had been a real Sathar event, a bunch of civilians wouldn't have been able to route it as easily as they did.
The various stalls have beings offering various services, products, or entertainment.
Vendor 1: Is selling exotic fruits and vegetables
Vendor 2: Is performing feats of magic for the crowd
Vendor 3: Has relics he is selling from an unexplored system
Vendor 4: Is regaling tales of how he fought the Sathar on Volturnus
Vendor 5: A woman claiming to give you psychic readings
Vendor 6: Is selling stuffed animals
Vendor 7: Has pamphlets claiming conspiracies tying the Sathar in with the pirates

The time is a few hours before noon on a beautiful day. The temperature is 10 degrees Celsius, and the sky is clear. The sounds of children playing in the park drifts toward you as well as the sounds of patrons visiting the booths, entering and exiting the business'. There are about 70 people in this area moving around, buying, selling, watching the news screen. Almost everyone you see is human with a small mix of Yazirian, Dralasite, and Vrusk. Everyone, please tell me what your character is doing and where specifically they are at.
Attachments
Scan_20191006 (3).jpg
Scan_20191006 (3).jpg (459.73 KiB) Viewed 9348 times

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Adventure Section 1.0

#2 Post by Teflon »

I'm going to browse the robots are here area

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by pdunwin »

Borble, the dralasite hunter and explorer, is browsing the outfitter's wares. He's currently sporting two arms and two legs. He's wearing his equipment pack, with his hunting spear in its holding loops.
STR/STA: 45/45
DEX/RS: 40/40
INT/LOG: 35/35
PER/LDR: 35/35

Dralasite(+5 STR/STA, -5 DEX/RS)
Walk/Turn: 5 m
Run/Turn: 20 m
Per Hour: 3 km
IM: 4
Handedness: Right
Sex: -
Name: Borble
Starting Credits: 135

PSA: Biosocial
Skills:
Environmental 1
Melee Weapons 1

Equipment:
Standard Equipment Pack (150 cr, 1 kg)
Spear (20 cr, 1 kg)

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Teflon »

as i'm browsing the robots, i also want to keep half an ear on the news feed

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by cryominer »

Vigg Draper, Drasalite tech, is adjusting his stained and greasy coveralls to accommodate his third appendage. There are tools and gadgets tied to his coveralls that make a bit of noise as he moves about.

He is standing at the exotic fruit vendor... absently touching them with his nascent third limb skin tasting each.
He is in the middle of telling a joke to the vendor..."...A human bipedal is walking down the hovercar route and it sees another human who is cavorting with a large quadrupedal carnivore. The first human asks the second human, 'does your quadrupedal carnivore bite with its mandibles?' The other human says, 'No my quadrupedal carnivore does not bite with its mandibles.' The first human attempts to touch the head of the large carnivore and is damaged when the carnivore uses its mandibles to bite the hand. The first human says, 'I thought your quadrupedal carnivore does not bite with its mandibles!' The second human says 'That is not my quadrupedal carnivore!' ............ is that not funny?"

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

T'prin, you enter the store known as Robots 'R' Here and see more than two dozen robots along various elevated platforms. Also in the store are 12 customers at various places in the store looking at robots, checking functions and programming, and looking at them in demonstration mode. After a few moments a human male walks up to you in a rush and says, " Welcome to Robots 'R' Here. My name is Fendrick. Please feel free to browse our selections. All robots are available to demonstrate their capabilities on command, although none of them are mobile. If you have any questions, I will be with you shortly. We have a special on financing available. I can explain all that in a few moments. Enjoy yourself." Also, there is a monitor in the room that mirrors the unit outside. On the screen the discussion is getting heated as the business man is pointing out that had the four races stayed in their own space and not invaded this region, then the Sathar wouldn't have felt threatened and fought against us. The government officials fire back by saying that the Sathar haven't even attempted communicating with us, so that is on them.

Borble- You are in Marvek's Outfitter shop, looking through the various wares available. There are several other customers in the shop also browsing products. There is pretty much everything you can think of here. Clothing apparel and everything equipment wise is here. A friendly looking human female comes to you and says, " I am Thera. If you need help finding something or don't see something you are looking for, I would be more than glad to help you out. Our store has virtually whatever the wise and cautious traveler might want or need. I will be nearby should you need help."

Vigg Draper- Your joke impresses the human merchant and he is laughing quite heartily at the punch line. After he stops laughing, he looks at you and says, " That was a good one. It has been a while since I have heard a good joke like that. How about one in return? What is a Yazirian's favorite kind of furniture? A 'glider' chair!" At that point, he starts laughing again. When he stops, he wipes a few tears off of his face before continuing, " If I can help you with any selections, let me know. I have fruit and vegetables shipped in from all over the frontier. Costs a pretty credit too, but very worth it. So, see anything you like?"

Okay, everyone please make an intuition check for me.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Teflon »

T'prins intuition check
[1d100] = 14

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by pdunwin »

Borble makes a placating gesture to the human and continues browsing.

INT check vs. 35: [1d100] = 67
(I'm not sure how to embed my rolls yet.)

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Teflon »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2183

this explains it just copy paste basically

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#10 Post by cryominer »

Vigg is impressed with the joke and 'laughs' as only a Drasalite can. He is also very interested in a fruit labeled 'Dragon Fruit', but thinks that he is near his last credit and may have to start working for food....

INT check 55 vs [1d100]=62

OOC: I haven't figured out the dice roller yet....

Let's see if this worked...

[1d100] = 56

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, Vigg and Borble, you continue with your shopping extravaganza, interacting with the other customers near you and enjoying the morning. T'prin, as you are looking over a robot near the window front, checking over it's functions as well as the programming, something catches your eye across the plaza. You notice 4 humans, 3 men and one woman, standing close together just outside of the weapon shop. They are armed and appear to be glancing to the West every so often, but seem to have no interest in any of the other activity around them.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Teflon »

Ok, i look around for the nervous clerk Fredrick, he seemed a bit rushed for only having 12 browsers, not super familiar with the tech in star frontiers, are there video phones or something similar?

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Teflon »

ask for a demo of a floor model security robot .Are we going to go with us all knowing each other, or do we need to play it out, im good either way, so i'll leave it to borble and vigg .

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Teflon »

on second thought, make my way to the nearest vidphone to call security to try to get a pressence in the courtyard, maybe get these humans to rethink whatever they are thinking of pulling

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Ok, T'prin makes his way to the vidphone and within 2 minutes, you are connected to the police station. They take your information down and tell you that the nearest unit is 3 minutes out. They ask you to maintain vigilance on the situation. They vidphone goes black and when you turn to where the humans are at, you see they have changed their status. They have moved away from the stand toward a group of 3 well dressed men walking East into the plaza. The two flanking men are armed and are watching the crowd. The third man is doing something with a data pad of some kind.

When they get 5 meters away, all four humans draw their weapons and fire at the two flanking men. Both are hit and go down fast. The female hostile grabs the well dressed man and puts her weapon to his head. At this point, the crowd has noticed the shooting. Women are screaming and grabbing kids, then running. Men are diving for cover where they can, with a few running toward the park area, yelling for the families to clear out.

T'prin, you are standing just South of the stand labeled 7. Vigg, you are standing at the stand labeled 1 and about 10 meters from the hostiles. Borble, you hear the screaming and see the running people outside. You also notice the hostiles. You are about 85 meters from them.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Teflon »

I am going to attempt to move south, trying to use the panicky crowd to approach one of the armed men.

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#17 Post by cryominer »

Vigg hears the shooting and remembers his training. He gets as low as he can (fairly easy for a drasilite) and looks for cover. If the perps are near him and there is a chance for a melee attack, he will try. Otherwise, Vigg will take cover and dig out a doze grenade from his pack to be ready to throw it.

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#18 Post by pdunwin »

Borble unlimbers his spear but at that range there's not much he could do to help, so he just takes cover behind a sturdy looking display in the outfitter's shop. He keeps an eye out for his friends, Vigg and T'prin.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, sounds like we need to go ahead and make an initiative roll for the group. Marty has already suggested that BJ or Paul make that roll. Make a D10 + 5 (5 is the highest IM for the group).

[1d10 +4] = 10+4 = 14 For the opposing side.

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by cryominer »

Initiative roll....

[1d10+5] = 1+5 = 6

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”