Adventure Section 1.0

Harpoonrgm84a
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Adventure Section 1.0

#1761 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Lloyd, the pilot looks to you, "Well, I waited for what seemed like an eternity and then I thought I felt the ship shudder, but everything seemed okay, so I continued to hold my position. Eventually, I looked at my instrument panel and noticed that the ship wasn't slowing like it was, but accelerating. I finally decided to try and comm your group, but got no answer. I got worried that the mother ship would know where that signal came from and broke free from the lock. I waited an hour before I activated my distress beacon, just in case. Then I get picked up by this destroyer and bam! There is Daz in sickbay with me and filling me in on what happened."

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1762 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

On the bridge, everyone looks at the monitor screen and sees the freighter getting larger as the destroyer overtakes it. From behind, you hear the comm officer continuing to cajole the freighter to stop, "Captain, she is refusing to stand down or even acknowledge our signal!"

The captain looks at the screen, thinking, then hits an intercom switch, "Gunner, let's put a shot or two across her bow. Maybe that will let her know we mean business!"

As you look on the monitor, you see a flash of a laser pass within meters of the Dark Despair and then another. As you watch, the freighter pivots in space facing toward the destroyer. The captain leans forward, "What is she up to? Put our defenses on alert!"

The distance starts shrinking more rapidly as the freighter is moving toward the destroyer. The sensor operator looks up, "Captain, it looks like she is on a collision course with us! I think she means to ram us, sir."

The captain rears back in it's seat, "Not on my watch! Gunner stations, remove that ship from my sky!" Seconds later, you see weapons fire flash on the monitor and pour into the freighter. A torpedo flares in the screen toward the freighter and impacts on it's hull. There is a blinding flash, then, after the flare dies down, you see pieces of the freighter drifting in space....

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#1763 Post by MajorTom »

Rick watches the byplay with increasing interest and wonders what is happening on the bridge of the Dark Despair. When the freighter is destroyed he looks at the screen with interest. Was this a suicide mission on the part of the Dark Despair or is the crew hiding on a lifeboat floating among the debris of the destroyed freighter?

He asks the captain about that possibility "Captain, there be any chance that the crew be hiding out there with the wreckage?"

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1764 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

"If they are in a lifeboat, they don't have long to live. That was a nuclear warhead that destroyed the ship."

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#1765 Post by Jaakari »

Harpoonrgm84a wrote:Lloyd, the pilot looks to you, "Well, I waited for what seemed like an eternity and then I thought I felt the ship shudder, but everything seemed okay, so I continued to hold my position. Eventually, I looked at my instrument panel and noticed that the ship wasn't slowing like it was, but accelerating. I finally decided to try and comm your group, but got no answer. I got worried that the mother ship would know where that signal came from and broke free from the lock. I waited an hour before I activated my distress beacon, just in case. Then I get picked up by this destroyer and bam! There is Daz in sickbay with me and filling me in on what happened."
Lloyd nods, “Thanks , you did better than we hoped. Glad you weren’t hurt. Rest up, we are going after them.”

Lloyd will head to the recovery bay and ask if he can have a look at the lifeboat. He’s looking for anything that looks like it might be a tracer or locator or for damage that is immediately apparent.

This is an overview, not a diagnostic .

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#1766 Post by Jaakari »

Roll [1d100] = 55 Lloyd logic is 45

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#1767 Post by Jaakari »

Once complete , he will return to the bridge hopefully in time to see the DD end its existence .

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#1768 Post by MajorTom »

After the freighter is destroyed, with no real hope of learning more from it, Rick says, "we be heading back to the Gambit now? We can see what Mr. Garrett be thinking about this turn of events and see if he be wanting us to do more."

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#1769 Post by Jaakari »

“I’m sure there will be paperwork, too.” Ah well, we will need to figure out something else.

“You may want to keep scanning whilst we head back. Just in case they bailed and had the ship auto programmed.”

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1770 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The captain nods it's head, "Sensors, you heard the people. Scan the debris closely. Look for anything larger than an aircar in that field. Helm, bring us within 800 meters and hold that position."

The crew scrambles with their orders.

Lloyd, you find no indication of tracers or tracking devices on board the lifeboat.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1771 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The ship spends nearly 30 minutes probing the debris field. The sensor operator finally looks toward the captain,"Sir, there is nothing moving in that field big enough to fit in your pocket, Sir!"

"Very good, sensors." The captain turns your way, "Well, is there anything else I can do for you, citizens?"

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#1772 Post by Teflon »

Might want to check any airlock they could have attached to, and could they have attached themselves to your ships hull?

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1773 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The captain chuckles, "That is a fair statement, but this ship is equipped with skin sensors. Were anything to come into contact with our hull, an alarm would sound. Nothing has triggered that alarm yet, so I think we are good in that respect."

mghaught
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1774 Post by mghaught »

Daz thanks the medical staff and continues to chat with the pilot until he's done in sickbay. She marvels at what a crazy past few hours it's been and can't wait to catch up Mr. Garrett with all the details.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#1775 Post by Teflon »

Captain, do you have any info on the dark despair, registered owners or home port?

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1776 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The captain smiles, "We've got the information coming in as we are talking."

5 or so minutes after the captain informs you the information is on the way, the comm officer turns, "Sir, the information is coming in now. Coming up on the main screen."

'Dark Despair'
Owner: Ms Trella Othren
Home Port: New Pale
Last Overhaul: 4 months ago at Prenglar
Captain: Choth Yelbrin
Crew: 15
Known Weapons: Laser Battery, Laser Cannon
Legal Status: Code 4

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#1777 Post by Jaakari »

Let’s take down that info and I suppose there’s nothing more to see here. “Shall we let the Captain get on his way? I’m sure there’s a lot of paperwork for engaging in a battle inside a system. We ought to send a sub space message to Garrett, we may yet have other tasks.”

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#1778 Post by MajorTom »

"We be needing to get back to the Gambit," Rick suggests. "If the captain can get us close and hail them, we can be taking the lifeboat back to them."

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#1779 Post by Teflon »

looks like we may need to pay Ms Trella Othren a visit. and look into this captain Yelbrin.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1780 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The captain looks to you, "I can get you to your ship in an hour, if that is where you want to go."

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”