Action Thread 6

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 6

#61 Post by Vargr1105 »

ooc: Rake isn't doing anything this round except readying himself and keeping guard. He can't attack unless he charges or a spider attacks him. In case it does, here is the roll for his riposte.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 6, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 3, damage (L): [1d12] = 7

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nuke66 »

Nope, not shooting into melee.....

circling around soes I can hit and kill something too.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:11 p
Round 1

Okay let's resolve this.

Odo backstabs one of the spiders in the rear, well, in the rear. It turns to face him, fangs glistening with poison, then flumphs to the ground dead. Odo is double surprised, he hit AND killed something.

The Ranger’s second shot finds a home in the cephalothorax of the lead spider. It looks kind of silly as it moves forward with what looks like a feather in its cap.

As the room starts to darken, as the last torch dies, the three spiders, whistling away, all of a sudden leap forward the 20 or 30' in a flash! It's frightening how quick they leap on you and into melee. Unfortunately, as he readies his spear, Son of Thunder seems to be in the way, with Varkos right there.

Zafalia, Illhalevar, and Rake try to help out as they see the spiders leap on their companions, but unfortunately to no avail. Varkos gets in an attack on the one that lept on him, but the quickness of the attack throws him off and he misses. Meanwhile Son of Thunder is just barely able to get his spear to bear when two spiders leap toward him!

Using his spear to push the spiders back, Son of Thunder is able to avoid their dripping fangs. Varkos, thrown off balance by his miss, feels the fangs sink deep into his shoulder ([1d6] = 6). And he feels the heat from an injected poison!! Please make a Save vs Poison - if you miss, tell me how much you missed by, it matters.

Round 2 upcoming. Because of the way the spiders closed, I'm going to allow Varkos (depending on save) and Son of Thunder to attack twice next round with their specialized weapons. Because you are still bunched in the passageway the Malak (who wanders after the cleric) cannot attack, only three people (of Illhalevar, Rake, Zafalia, and Al'Zur) can help Varkos with the spider right on him (don't roll any "1"s ;) ) so one of you will have to not use a melee attack this round. Son of Thunder, unfortunately, is facing his spiders alone right now, unless he does something different, or Odo joins the fray. Odo can only attack SoT's spiders.

Please ask questions if that doesn't make sense. Updated Varkos' HPs below.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Varkos), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes Zafalia (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Because you are still bunched in the passageway the Malak (who wanders after the cleric) cannot attack, only three people (of Illhalevar, Rake, Zafalia, and Al'Zur) can help Varkos with the spider right on him (don't roll any "1"s ;) ) so one of you will have to not use a melee attack this round. [/ooc]
Ok, who wants to sit out this round?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... Because you are still bunched in the passageway the Malak (who wanders after the cleric) cannot attack, only three people (of Illhalevar, Rake, Zafalia, and Al'Zur) can help Varkos with the spider right on him (don't roll any "1"s ;) ) so one of you will have to not use a melee attack this round.

OOC: Ron, if Zafalia is fighting with a spear, could she attack the spider from the second rank? In other words, if Ilhalevar, Rake and Al'Zur moved into melee to attack the spider on Varkos, could Zaf have a go from behind them?

If not, then I vote we go by declared actions. I don't think there were 4 attack rolls made actually.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by rredmond »

actually the way I wrote it that is possible. Fair enough, everyone have at it!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by tkrexx »

Initiative: [1d6] = 2

The Ranger manages to avoid the pair of leaping horrors, and with a yell sinks his spear blade deep into the beast he previouly festooned with the arrow.

[1d20] = 16 +1STR, +1WS =18

[1d6] = 3 +1STR, +2WS =6

[1d20] = 2 +1STR, +1WS =4 (miss)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by saalaria »

Varkos shrugs off the poison from the bite:

Saving Throw [1d20] = 19

OOC - Ron I am not clear what has happened to big V - is he on the deck, under a spider - or can he keep attacking?
Character sheet updated for hp loss

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by rredmond »

They are on you attacking. But they haven't overborn you or anything. You can definitely attack.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by saalaria »

nice one! 2 attacks for round 2:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7
Um a miss!

Longsword [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7
Normal service resumed.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:11 p
Round 2

Beginning of Round 2. The spiders actually lost initiative! I’m only waiting to see if Odo does anything before considering the round complete, but see below about Round 3

Squaring off alone with the spiders in front of him, Son of Thunder is able to connect with one of his attacks. The attack hurts the spider further, but unable to finish it off.

Shaking off the poison, Varkos is able to attack the spider that bit him. With two slashes, he pierces the spider’s chitin with one! While Al’Zur is able to stab in a long sword attack, at which the spider gushes blood and falls off of Varkos, no longer moving.

The spiders both, fangs bared, attack SoT, and both miss!

Round 3 upcoming. We’ll wait to see if Odo attacks before moving completely to Round 3. But I’ll need a new initiative roll, and actions from all. If the actions require a roll, please go ahead and make the roll – we may have to discount them, but it’s better to have them. Varkos and Son of Thunder can attack the two spiders to the east of SoT. There’s not much room for any one else to get up there, though Odo is still behind those spiders and can also get in an attack in Round 3.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Varkos), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes Zafalia (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by saalaria »

Okay Varkos swings again at the closest spider:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7

OOC whoosh - thats got to hurt!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger is determined to finish the wounded spider before dealing with the other.

[1d20] = 13 +1STR, +1WP = 15

[1d6] = 6 +1STR, +2WP = 9

ala Ric Flair: Woooooo!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia waits patiently for just the right moment to strike out with her spear, so as not to accidentally hit one of her companions...

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 9, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 4

... needless to say, that moment never arrives.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Distorted Humor »

was on vacation, sorry

Helping son of thunder out with a attack

[1d20] = 7

[1d6] = 4

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by Vargr1105 »

If there is an opening to strike at any spider within reach Rake will advance and take the opportunity.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 19, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 2, damage (L): [1d12] = 4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:12 p
Round 3

In the mass chaos of battle, (Spiders initiative [1d6] = 4) everyone seems to attack at once!.

As the spider bites down on the Ranger, he's able to get his shield up under it's fangs, and run his spear up into it's abdomen. Impaling it, and ending it's life.

As the second spider takes Son of Thunder's distraction to it's advantage, it's fangs head toward his unprotected legs. Varkos sees this and slashes the spider, causing it to miss it's attack!

Several other weapons try to attack from the second rank, but it's a poke from a shaky staff by Ilhalevar and a sword stab from Rake that finally ends this spider's life.

As they contemplate the bits of four spiders, as well as their guts, over the floor. The party hears, from the northeast passageway (down which Malak and Wulfgard disappeared) a frightened screaming, coming closer and closer, to the cavern.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tkrexx »

Spinning to the direction of the screaming, the Ranger shouts: Stay ready!

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”