Action Thread 6

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 6

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:55 p

Whoever has a potion, please add it and it's color to your list of stuff. Wulfgard has the blue (to add to the other blue), SoT has the clear, and Illhalevar has the green. Correct?

Map here, squares are 10' and Odo just came back from the Northeast passage (top right):
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (54.72 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 13 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 15 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 15 minutes Zafaliaminutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 6

#2 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo comes back to the party "There is a room ahead my way, lots and lots of mushrooms, and didn't see anything moving. Odd odd room..."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar frowns.

"A room full of mushrooms? Nothing disturbed in the room, or in the tunnel to it, for ages? I'd venture our goal lies not in that direction, then. And I'm ill at ease going into a room full of fungus. Bump too many of them and we could be overcome with spores. Then there's always the yellow mold issue... that's a fungus, too. My vote is for the southern passage, then."

OOC: updating inventory now.

P.OOC: er... just as soon as the dice roller site starts working for me again.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur adds his two coppers, "I would agree, let us go south. No sense going that way unless we have to."

Starting toward the south, he takes point, looking for possible dangers.

(What the hell, I'll go point for a bit....I mean he is qualified.)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo makes a note that if he finds a great treasure, to make sure to say "Its another room full of mushrooms"

He scouts ahead to the south....

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tkrexx »

The ranger hands the potion back to Ilhalevar. Al'Zur, Odo, keep eyes for scuttlebugs, like the one we slew earlier, and spiders.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia will hand Odo's torch back to him when he returns but if he'd prefer to be in the vanguard scouting without it, she'll hold onto it for him.

The tiny druid will sneak forward down the southern passage in her normal marching order position with the others.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by saalaria »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo makes a note that if he finds a great treasure, to make sure to say "Its another room full of mushrooms"

He scouts ahead to the south....
OOC - that did make me chuckle!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard goes east to the room filled with mushrooms, mace and lantern in hand. Muttering East is the way... what do they know...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1 p

As the company lines up in Marching Order to head out to the southeasterly passage, the cleric, all of a sudden, heads out the northeast passage!

Both passages are a comfortable 10' across and about 15' or so high, but after going a little ways forward, Odo stops at the cleric's murmurings.

Going to update the map to help the party figure out what they want to do.

Map is here: viewtopic.php?p=17720#p17720

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 8 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 10 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 10 minutes Zafalia (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by Alethan »

Solinor wrote:Wulfgard goes east to the room filled with mushrooms, mace and lantern in hand. Muttering East is the way... what do they know...

lol. You mean lamp, right? :) Wulfgard has a bronze lamp, not a lantern. I believe there is a significant difference...

Lamp...
lamp.jpg
lamp.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Lantern...
lantern.jpg
lantern.jpg (34.82 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar says, "Explain yourself, Wulfgard! Why east?" as she steps out of line to approach the cleric.

"And you should consider lighting your lamp before heading off into the dark...", she adds, dryly.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia also draws up and turns back around to see what's transpiring behind them. "Up front, hold on!" she whispers just loud enough for Odo and the other vanguard to hear.

If Wulfgard heads into the passage away from the others, she will hurry back and indicate to the others to follow.

If he stops before entering to respond to Ilhalevar, Zaf will quietly approach so that she may hear the cleric's response. "What is it, friend Wulfgard? Why should we go that way instead?"

OOC: DH, does Odo want his torch back or should Zaf continue to hold onto it?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

OOC Hold on to it, I trust my hobbit eyes in the dark.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by saalaria »

"he seems afflicted by a madness" is all Varkos will offer. He stands waiting for a majority decision before pitching in with the party

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Solinor »

Oh no, he is carrying around:
tweety-bird-lamp-kids.jpg
tweety-bird-lamp-kids.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
and he has the oil to power it!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Solinor »

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar says, "Explain yourself, Wulfgard! Why east?" as she steps out of line to approach the cleric.

"And you should consider lighting your lamp before heading off into the dark...", she adds, dryly.
Wulfgard stops and turns back to the elf with a shrewish look on his face, pausing for a few moments he then continues the direction he had been heading.

He continues regardless of any more inquiries.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar stares at the human cleric with calculating eyes and quietly states, "He has our two healing potions."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar stares at the human cleric with calculating eyes and quietly states, "He has our two healing potions."
Zafalia shrugs her shoulders uncertainly but makes to follow Wulfgard regardless. "Perhaps his deity has given him a sight and understanding that we know not. Let us follow him anyway. Perhaps this will lead us to our ultimate goal from a more hidden way?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Or perhaps his addled mind will lead us all to our doom..." quips Rake. "Darn God-touched folk and their mysterious ways..." he adds almost to low for hearing.

Either way, if Zafalia follows the errand Cleric he will be sure to follow too.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”