Action Thread 6

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 6

#81 Post by saalaria »

Varkos spins and moves to the north eastern passage - sure to get ahead of the non-fighter types and meet whatever is coming.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Argennian »

Knowing that many members of the party will be near blinded without some source of light, Zafalia unhoods her lantern and moves to get another torch lit as quickly as she can!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar allows herself a brief moment of elation at her assistance in killing the spider before she sighs and trudges off after Varkos, confident in her steps because she doesn't need the light source...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur is relieved the spiders were dispatched so easily, gaining confidence with the group. Hell, even the mage got involved in melee!

Upon hearing the screams, he looks about and sees a couple missing members. "I'll go check it out, don't follow too close. Zafalia, keep me in sight range, no closer, I will see what's going on." With that, the elf turns and sprints down the tunnel, trusting his night sight to indicate when to slow down.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:Al'Zur is relieved the spiders were dispatched so easily, gaining confidence with the group. Hell, even the mage got involved in melee!

Upon hearing the screams, he looks about and sees a couple missing members. "I'll go check it out, don't follow too close. Zafalia, keep me in sight range, no closer, I will see what's going on." With that, the elf turns and sprints down the tunnel, trusting his night sight to indicate when to slow down.
Whether she has the torch lit or not, Zafalia will be sure to follow Al'Zur to keep him in sight!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo find a shadow to hide in sword drawn and approaches the noise, even if he will be a back-ranker this time.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:12 p

As they contemplate the bits of four spiders, as well as their guts, over the floor. The party hears, from the northeast passageway (down which Malak and Wulfgard disappeared) a frightened screaming, coming closer and closer, to the cavern.

Odo hides in the shadows. Varkos and the Ranger ready themselves for the onslaught. While Zafalia sheds some light on the area. Illhalevar ensures that she is close to the action. Al’Zur sprints down the tunnel to be of immediate assistance, but doesn’t get far when he meets Wulfgard on the way out. The cleric is screaming as if he’s seen a ghost.

Following behind the cleric is what looks like a small stone carven head. It’s about the size of a fist and following slower than the cleric is running. Wulfgard, jangling his lantern, stops when he gets to Al’Zur, pointing at the thing, and the head stops about 10’ further down the passageway, floating in mid air.

floating stone head.jpg
floating stone head.jpg (10.85 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Varkos), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes Zafalia (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by Solinor »

Panting and pointing, Wulfgard says that was down there subtly attempting to move behind the fighters.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Now THAT..." quips Rake looking at the floating head "Is surely something one don't see everyday."

ooc: I am half-expecting to hear the floating head shout "THE PENIS IS EVIL!" :)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by saalaria »

"where is Malak?"enquires the fighter whilst eyeing the head uncertainly.

"also where did that actually come from? Has anyone seen its like before. Clearly evil sorcery but...." he trails off uncertain whether to approach it or not. Finally Varkos elects to stand his ground ready to strike with his sword if the head comes any closer.

Ron what is that shot in the woods from ? Is it a film?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur stops when Wulfgar comes running back in fear, to him it appears almost comical with the cleric fleeing a little stone head. Not overly concerned, he none the less watches the head as he slowly retreats to the rest of the party.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

The head floats there. It looks (and 'acts') as a carven stone head, except for the whole floating thing.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger realizes that if they get out of there alive, this will be a good story to tell sitting at an Inn over rounds of mead. Now however, it is an aggrivating quandry. Not ready to forget the arrows he fired earlier, he knows the party must address the situation at hand. MALAK! He bellows. Are you there? Is this foolishness your doing?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Argennian »

Not sure what's going on or just what she ought to do, Zafalia remains at her station by the others, waiting for any sign or indication of what the hell is going on and what might happen.

When she hears Son of Thunder call out for their missing friend, she queries the cleric "Wulfgard, where is Malak? Is he okay?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur follows Wulgar, trying to get to a point to question him. "When did this head appear? Was it a trap or something?"

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard says distractedly Who is Malak...? He then fumbles for his holy symbol, dropping his mace as he tries to do to many things at once. When he finally procures his holy symbol he holds it aloft shakily towards the floating head. Be.. be.. begone he stutters.

If the head continues to float without destroying poor Wulfgard he says to Al'Zur It... it... it was in the room where our scout said their was nothing.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar scowls. "If you're going to steal our party potions, Wulfgar, then steal them and be gone. But don't expect us to help you out when your bumbling gets you into trouble."

She crosses her arms and watches to see if the floating head destroys Wulfgar.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tkrexx »

"Who is Malak??" The Ranger echoes in disbelief. He turns to Ilhalevar. Our Priest has been acting muggy since before the spiders fell upon us. He leaves us with Malak, then returns in a panic not knowing Malak? He returns his gaze to the corridor the shrunken stone head still bars, and repeats the call to his friend. Malak! Can you hear me?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo tries to move forward in the shadows to find the missing companion, he may be a thief, but he never steals from what breading his butter, or in this case, protecting him in this cave..

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by rredmond »

Odo sneaks back up the passage. Sneaking around the head, which doesn't move, and into the darkness.
PM Sent

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”