Character Creation Thread

tpj
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

Character Creation Thread

#1 Post by tpj »

Please post your character creation dice rolls and in-progress sheets here for review.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Creation Thread

#2 Post by rossik »

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Well now - here we are! Sadly, my rolls aren't what I'd hoped for. Looks like I won't be playing an Elf with this set...

Stats: STR:10, INT:11, WIS:8, DEX:4, CON:12, CHR:7
(Will lower INT to 9, inc CON to 13)

Starting Gold: [3d6] = 10 x10 = 100gp

Now to give some thought to my options.

EDIT: Given those numbers, I'm thinking possibly a very clumsy Gnome? That seems like it would still be a good fit for Dolmenwood. Question on how Prime Req works though - as I understand what's stated in OSE, for classes with multiple prime requisites (DEX & INT for gnomes), it looks like there are no penalties for LOW scores, just the bonuses for high scores? It seems like a good way to help compensate for the really low Dex is that's the case.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ybn1197 »

Stats: STR:13, INT:8, WIS:12, DEX:13, CON:4, CHR:10

Not sure where I'm going to go with this. Best stat is his STR yet his worst stat is CON. May be fun to play a dwarf with poor health? or maybe a cleric who has spent too much time cloistered. Let me think about it.

EDIT: I think I will go for a thief. I will drop WIS to 10 to bring DEX to 14. He will just be frail.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Urson »

My numbers look good for a thief. I'll work on stats and fleshing out later.
FA FO

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Here's my WIP Gnome, Filius Dinwiddle, assuming you'll approve that.
How do you want to handle starting spells? BTB, he gets just one, your pick. Do you want to pick that? Let me? Roll randomly?
Rear AC with a Dex PENALTY - Should my AC actually be one better if I'm attacked from behind and the DEX modifier isn't applied?

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by tpj »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:How do you want to handle starting spells? BTB, he gets just one, your pick. Do you want to pick that? Let me? Roll randomly?
Rear AC with a Dex PENALTY - Should my AC actually be one better if I'm attacked from behind and the DEX modifier isn't applied?
You can go ahead and choose your spell(s).

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by tpj »

So I had a thought, given the high lethality of BX in general. If you wish, feel free to roll a second standby character, and you may choose which one to start with. Again, this is optional, so if you’re good with what you’ve got that’s fine too.

polyhedral
Runner
Runner

#10 Post by polyhedral »

Stats: STR:7, INT:12, CON:10, CHR:5, WIS:13, DEX:8

Hmm, I rolled and assigned thinking cleric, but I see I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

I'm flexible! (Though I don't know how to reassign, or if that's even legit -- never used this tool before.) I do love clerics in general.

EDIT: Oops, I read the posts out of order and just saw that the chargen method was covered in viewtopic.php?f=822&t=8942 -- tpj: would you rather I discard this and roll all new, or just shuffle the roll assignments? Sorry about that.

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by tpj »

polyhedral wrote:Stats: STR:7, INT:12, CON:10, CHR:5, WIS:13, DEX:8

Hmm, I rolled and assigned thinking cleric, but I see I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

I'm flexible! (Though I don't know how to reassign, or if that's even legit -- never used this tool before.) I do love clerics in general.
If you do stat adjustments you can just put the adjusted stats on your character sheet.

Below are the rules for adjusting stats:
If you wish, you may raise the prime requisite(s) of your character by lowering other (non-prime requisite) ability scores. For every two points by which an ability score is reduced, one point may be added to a prime requisite. The following restrictions apply:

▶ Only Intelligence, Strength, and Wisdom may be lowered in this way.

▶ No score may be lowered below 9.

▶ Some character classes may have additional constraints.

polyhedral
Runner
Runner

#12 Post by polyhedral »

tpj wrote:<snip>
If you do stat adjustments you can just put the adjusted stats on your character sheet.
</snip>
I also used the wrong roll method (roll 6#3d6 and then assign) because I missed the rules thread. My eagerness got ahead of me. :D Hence the edit -- would you prefer I shuffle attribute assignments and then adjust, or reroll? Sorry for the trouble.

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by tpj »

polyhedral wrote:
tpj wrote:<snip>
</snip>
I also used the wrong roll method (roll 6#3d6 and then assign) because I missed the rules thread. My eagerness got ahead of me. :D Hence the edit -- would you prefer I shuffle attribute assignments and then adjust, or reroll? Sorry for the trouble.
You can just reassign them in the proper order: STR INT WIS DEX CON CHA

So you'd be looking at STR:7, INT:12, WIS:10, DEX:5, CON:13, CHA:8

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

tpj wrote:So I had a thought, given the high lethality of BX in general. If you wish, feel free to roll a second standby character, and you may choose which one to start with. Again, this is optional, so if you’re good with what you’ve got that’s fine too.
LOL - a second set of rolls isn't helping me at all. They're even worse! Still, I'll work him up as some sort of back-up character. Sticking with my little gnome for now.

Stats: STR:10, INT:10, WIS:7, DEX:6, CON:11, CHR:8
Gold: [3d6] = 15*10 150gp

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by rossik »

im fine with mine. do i have to change anything?

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by tpj »

rossik wrote:im fine with mine. do i have to change anything?
If you could add your AC to the sheet and post your dice rolls for your stats and gold here, you should be good to post this to the Finished Characters thread.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by rossik »

tpj wrote:
rossik wrote:im fine with mine. do i have to change anything?
If you could add your AC to the sheet and post your dice rolls for your stats and gold here, you should be good to post this to the Finished Characters thread.
stats and gold were already in the sheet :O

i can add the AC

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I believe that Filius is complete as well (preview is upthread) if you want to give him one last look .

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#19 Post by tpj »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:I believe that Filius is complete as well (preview is upthread) if you want to give him one last look .
I'm not seeing it upthread. Can you re-link it?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

tpj wrote:
Koren n'Rhys wrote:I believe that Filius is complete as well (preview is upthread) if you want to give him one last look .
I'm not seeing it upthread. Can you re-link it?
Was hidden in a spoiler box - here you go:

Return to “Dolmenwood Halloween Adventure (BX - Old-School Essentials)”