[011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

ffilz
lenusmars
Guide
Guide

Re: [011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

#61 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:“Sara grab any electronics, notepads anything then keep an eye on the door, do not need to get fuckin’ surrounded in here.”
Sara nods and quickly moves to follow Ana's directions, keeping her Smg as close to handy as possible while watching the door.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:Sara nods and quickly moves to follow Ana's directions, keeping her Smg as close to handy as possible while watching the door.
Vee is standing at the door, her pistol ready. "I'll watch behind us."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud will follow up the fleeing spiders pursuing them to but not beyond the door out of the room the party is now in.

If Foix is recovered he moves into the room with the cocooned folk and draws his sword and pistol ready to assist those assailed by spiders.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Ramona »

Ana sighs and points her SMG at the spider coming after her, making sure to check down range for additional targets and pulls the trigger. If anyone’s down range she’ll side step to avoid shooting anyone else accidentally.

“Seriously?” She says to no one in particular.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Faanku »

"Don't know what else you expected from giant spiders." Nathan mutters under his breath as he helps with the hail of bullets.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Well, then, splattered guts it is. She drops the knife she was using and swings her laser rifle around. She shoots at the one approaching her.

Die, pond scum.
SpinwardMarch

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Ramona »

They are space faring, laser packing spiders, I expected them to have a strong enough sense of self preservation to get the hell out of here, regroup somewhere deeper in the temple and then try to put the boots to us on the way out.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Grimaud will follow up the fleeing spiders pursuing them to but not beyond the door out of the room the party is now in.

If Foix is recovered he moves into the room with the cocooned folk and draws his sword and pistol ready to assist those assailed by spiders.
It takes 10 minutes to regain consciousness. There is nothing about how medical assistance helps that, I think it should but it's not going to help enough to get Foix back in action for a fast moving battle.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Ana sighs and points her SMG at the spider coming after her, making sure to check down range for additional targets and pulls the trigger. If anyone’s down range she’ll side step to avoid shooting anyone else accidentally.

“Seriously?” She says to no one in particular.
Now that she's below the spiders, she can fire without risk of hitting friendlies, but it will be at close range. She'll be able to hit both dropping spiders.

Taheri can also fire at close range.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by ffilz »

Faanku wrote:"Don't know what else you expected from giant spiders." Nathan mutters under his breath as he helps with the hail of bullets.
With an SMG, Nathan doesn't want to be shooting at the spiders dropping on Ana and Taheri, but he can help Grimaud make sure the other two continue to flee.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:They are space faring, laser packing spiders, I expected them to have a strong enough sense of self preservation to get the hell out of here, regroup somewhere deeper in the temple and then try to put the boots to us on the way out.
Morale and situation can make one do weird things...

They were surprised by fleeing spiders coming through in a hail of bullets heading towards the only other exit...

They needed an 11+ to make their morale check...

They aren't leader types (those are both dead)...

Whatever they thought of the bundles, the bundles were being disturbed...

They may have assessed that they would die just as fast fleeing the door...

Now if there are other spiders in the area, THEY might set up better traps and counter attacks...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Grimaud will follow up the fleeing spiders pursuing them to but not beyond the door out of the room the party is now in.

It takes 10 minutes to regain consciousness. There is nothing about how medical assistance helps that, I think it should but it's not going to help enough to get Foix back in action for a fast moving battle.
Wait, isn't Foix back on his feet?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:

Wait, isn't Foix back on his feet?
Sorry I caused some confusion by indicating that Foix came to immediately. I'm not sure I had actually read the rules at that point. Medical assistance should speed recovery but I think it should still take more than 1 round... Looking at later rules doesn't help (MegaTraveller actually makes it a bit harder to recover from wound levels).

Let's say that medical attention will get someone with one attribute at 0 conscious in 1 minute (4 rounds).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Sorry I caused some confusion by indicating that Foix came to immediately. I'm not sure I had actually read the rules at that point. Medical assistance should speed recovery but I think it should still take more than 1 round... Looking at later rules doesn't help (MegaTraveller actually makes it a bit harder to recover from wound levels). Let's say that medical attention will get someone with one attribute at 0 conscious in 1 minute (4 rounds).
Sounds good. Please amend Vee's actions to the following:

Vee looks up as Harper and Squee begin to retreat. "Harper, help me move him!" Between the two women, they move Foix back toward the entrance and out of danger. "We're getting out of here," Vee informs the others as she and Harper grab Foix by his harness and start half-carrying half-dragging him toward the entrance.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Sorry I caused some confusion by indicating that Foix came to immediately. I'm not sure I had actually read the rules at that point. Medical assistance should speed recovery but I think it should still take more than 1 round... Looking at later rules doesn't help (MegaTraveller actually makes it a bit harder to recover from wound levels). Let's say that medical attention will get someone with one attribute at 0 conscious in 1 minute (4 rounds).
Sounds good. Please amend Vee's actions to the following:

Vee looks up as Harper and Squee begin to retreat. "Harper, help me move him!" Between the two women, they move Foix back toward the entrance and out of danger. "We're getting out of here," Vee informs the others as she and Harper grab Foix by his harness and start half-carrying half-dragging him toward the entrance.
Squee picks up Foix (the dolphin walker is essentially a power suit, not full on battle dress, but strong enough to easily pick up a human...) and retreats with you.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Squee picks up Foix (the dolphin walker is essentially a power suit, not full on battle dress, but strong enough to easily pick up a human...) and retreats with you.
"Harper, get him into the shuttle, and make ready for departure. Squee, if you can meet us back at the entrance to help move the trapped scouts, that'd help a lot." Vee wheels about and heads back to the others.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Ramona »

Let me know what to roll.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Let me know what to roll.
Roll at primary target 2d6 + 2 (skill) + 2 (DEX 9+) + 5 (jack) - 4 (close range) for a net of [2d6+5] vs. 8
Roll at secondary target is an additional -3 so [2d6+2] vs 8
Damage for each hit is [3d6-3]

For Taheri:

Roll at single target is 2d6 + 0 (skill) + 2 (DEX 11+) + 3 (jack) - 4 (close range) for a net of [2d6+1] vs 8
Damage is [5d6]

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Ramona »

How many shots can I take with an SMG?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:Sounds good. Please amend Vee's actions to the following:

Likewise please amend Grimaud's actions to the following:

Grimaud immediately joins the retrograde movement stowing his SMG and collecting up Foix's autorifle while assisting Lady Harper and Vee to bear his liege lord to safety.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”