[011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

#21 Post by ffilz »

Yes. Foix has a minor wound. Not at all serious. He’ll come to and immediately recover half the damage.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Tiglath »

Foix’s piercing blue eyes flick open and, on seeing Vee, illuminate with joy as he instinctively grasps one of her ministering hands and kisses it. He gives an unrepentant smile “You see? Not getting killed – it is such a useful life skill!” He groans and sits up noting “The vacc suit took by far the worst of it”.

Regaining his feet he refastens his scorched armour as he intuitively takes in tactical information shouting “They’ve broken! Allez, allez - press the attack!”

Fastening his webbing and hefting his rifle he turns to Vee with an incorrigible smile “However, the staff at this aid post are so heart breakingly attractive I might just have to risk getting shot again”.

He claps Taheri on the shoulder “You were hit Commander. Can you go one more room with me?”

To Sara he says “Captain Kelley, I believe we may need to leave in a hurry. Will you recover your probe and prep the launch for take off?”

Once in the spider’s room Foix makes for the (hopefully open) door in the bottom right corner (from memory that’s where Squee indicated the scouts were).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix’s piercing blue eyes flick open and, on seeing Vee, illuminate with joy as he instinctively grasps one of her ministering hands and kisses it. He gives an unrepentant smile “You see? Not getting killed – it is such a useful life skill!” He groans and sits up noting “The vacc suit took by far the worst of it”.
"Stop!" Vee barks in her best command voice. "Sit still until I can check you out, Gauvain. It will only take me thirty seconds." She notes that the damage is indeed minor, and she looks more closely at his vacc suit to see if there are any expedient repairs needed.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Ugh, <string of expletives> oversized, armed arachnids, she says, pausing before getting up.
He claps Taheri on the shoulder “You were hit Commander. Can you go one more room with me?”
Sure. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead!"* Let's get them.

* Henry V, Act III
SpinwardMarch

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Ramona »

“Nobles,” Ana says moving up and grabbing one of the spiders laser weapons and equipment harnesses. Are they alive or dead?

“You know you could have attempted to communicate with them prior to provoking an incident.” She quickly hands off the weapon and harness to Sara.

“Know thy enemy.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Tiglath »

Foix lights an after action Gauloise, lobs the pack to Nathan with a laconic “Nice shooting, M’sieu Quinn – you’re hired” and replies to Ana around his smoke and a wry smile.

“Are you their lawyer now Ana? We have been here a while and they possess the means to communicate with us – the captive scouts. Simply releasing them on our arrival would have been enough. We have no such means to communicate with the spiders. The overdue party were healthy when they came in and both their failure in their duty to contact us and the information from the Vargr indicated that they are held against their will. With time to consider both their position and their actions the spiders avoided every chance of a peaceful resolution, fought and lost. If you are apologising on their behalf then I accept”.

(OOC: We need to know what’s going on in the next room! Blissfully ignorant spiders and scouts getting down at their silent disco? :o :) )

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Faanku »

Nathan nods back to the Frenchman. "Was half expecting them to explode or something after all that. Thought they'd be tougher."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

They were, after all, spiders. The laser weapons aside, they have a number of vulnerabilities. I really prefer not to kill things. If they start shooting at me first, then all bets are off.

She motions her head in the direction of the spider room. May as well clear the room.
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by ffilz »

From first foray into the room:
Sara finds a simple catch and then the door slides open to reveal a chamber 3 meters wide, 6 meters deep, widening on the left to 4.5 meters wide in the back half. A doorway leads to the right at the back. The lighting in this chamber is dead. So far, nothing is seen.
Is anyone pushing into the next room before Foix comes around or are you waiting? The doorway opened for the fleeing spiders.

Further information once I know how quickly you're pursuing.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

She is looking into the room, using the laser rifle sight to "light up" parts of the room.
ffilz wrote: The doorway opened for the fleeing spiders.
So they ran off through that door. She indicates the door in the back of the room. Probably more of them beyond it.
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Faanku »

"Fuck it, let's get this done while we're on the front foot." Buoyed by the apparent weakness to fully automatic fire the spiders displayed, Nathan reloads his SMG and is ready to press on.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Tiglath »

While Foix recovers Grimaud pushes forward through the door and into the spiders' room.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by lenusmars »

Sara takes the weapon and harness from Ana, slinging it awkwardly with her other gear, but not missing the opportunity to squeeze Ana’s arm. Her normal, easy smile is gone.

She crouches over a couple of the bodies to get close up stereos and do a field assessment of physiological features, internal and external. “I hear a lot of groundhog...". She glances up. "Sorry, I mean terrestrials, are terrified of arthropods."She uses a small metal probe to move back the edge of a broken carapace and takes more pictures.

Once everyone preps toove on, she stands ready again.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by ffilz »

Ok, I think I read that as you are pressing the advantage.

You follow into the next room before the door slides shut. In one corner of the next room are three man sized bundles of spider silk. There is another door opposite the one you came in. The fleeing spiders are heading for that door. Two other unarmed spiders lurk near the bundles but they are surprised.

Actions? (auto fire on the fleeing spiders would be possible without hitting the bundles, autofire on the spiders near the bundles would hit the bundles).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud follows up and shoots the spiders fleeing for the door.

SMG Autofire: [2d6] = 9

Additional group hit/autofire target: [2d6] = 9

Two hits for 3d6-3 damage:

first: [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 2

So 6-3 = 3

second: [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 3

So 11-3 = 8

Foix Having been treated for his wounds Foix now shoulders his Autorifle, moves to the door and then into the spiders' room. On seeing the three cocooned figures he shouts "Medic!"

(OOC: Having been out for a round I don't believe he has an action to shoot?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ffilz »

Foix is actually still recovering. Sone folks pursued immediately.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

I'm not a medic, but we can start by getting these cocoons open.

Entering the room, she gets out an omni tool (like a Leatherman) from a pocket on her suit, to start cutting away the webbing.

I am assuming there are external pockets on vacc suits, to hold tools, etc.

I hope they are still alive.
SpinwardMarch

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by joertexas »

SpinwardMarch wrote:Cmdr. Taheri

Entering the room, she gets out an omni tool (like a Leatherman) from a pocket on her suit, to start cutting away the webbing.

'Let me see," Vee says as she moves forward. "Keep those critters away while I check on them, please." She checks the first cocoon to see if she can cut it without hitting the person inside.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:Sara takes the weapon and harness from Ana, slinging it awkwardly with her other gear, but not missing the opportunity to squeeze Ana’s arm. Her normal, easy smile is gone.

She crouches over a couple of the bodies to get close up stereos and do a field assessment of physiological features, internal and external. “I hear a lot of groundhog...". She glances up. "Sorry, I mean terrestrials, are terrified of arthropods."She uses a small metal probe to move back the edge of a broken carapace and takes more pictures.

Once everyone preps toove on, she stands ready again.
Is Sara doing this while the others press forward or would she rather press forward?

Ana can grab a laser and press forward.

Nathan is pressing forward and does he want to shoot or check out bundles?

Shaidar has not responded, so I'm not sure what Harper is doing.

Squee is currently out in the hall and has no weapons, he's large enough that maneuvering in here would be slowed down.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
SpinwardMarch wrote:Cmdr. Taheri

'Let me see," Vee says as she moves forward. "Keep those critters away while I check on them, please." She checks the first cocoon to see if she can cut it without hitting the person inside.
Vee was checking out Foix, so she will not be in the first wave pursuing.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”