Night of the Walking Dead

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Night of the Walking Dead

#221 Post by tarlyn »

The evening passes without incident. Next morning you all have breakfast.

Actions?
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Lets head out to the plantation and ask some questions."

Atar heads with the others to the plantation or where ever if someone wants to go somewhere else.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by shaidar »

Loretta enjoys her breakfast.

"Agreed, let's go and find out what's going on"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#224 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

To the plantation it is, then. Although, if we see something that piques our interest, we can take a detour if we so choose.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#225 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt groans "Didn't I suggest we ask around town first? Guess you lot have a rushing need to run directly into danger to meet your dooms." the half-elf rolls his eyes and moves to sit alone nearer to the front door.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#226 Post by Lazzdar »

Tango chuckles. "Relax, Fendt, my friend. We must travel through the town to reach the plantation. We should be able to investigate the people ...... and mayhap check out some other establishments along the route." Tango takes in the smells coming from the bakery nearby (building #2) and veers in that direction. "I think over here is as good a place as any to start our query."
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

GreyWolfVT

#227 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt after a light breakfast at the inn follows the others around town and he too stops by the bakery. "Very well Tango. I'm a bit testy after my last endeavor where i was trapped and held prisoner by a gang of thugs." then the bakery smells hit him "Hmm ah yes that does smell like a good place to stop and check Tango."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#228 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

That is precisely what I was referring to when I mentioned a detour, Fendt. No reason to make a bee-line to the plantation if there are other places to stop and speak with people along the way.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by tarlyn »

I just got home I will update tomorrow. Visiting the town is a good idea

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#230 Post by tarlyn »

The street outside the Inn is quiet this morning. Across the street, Fendt's nose does not lie as the smell coming from

Bakery is quite mouth watering.

Those of you going to the bakery, feel free. If you do split up, let me now where those of you splitting up wish

to go.

Bakery

Delicious smells of pastries and sweets greet your nose as you enter.

Inside are cakes, pastries, candies ; most items you would find in a bakery. Behind the counter a portly woman

sits, fanning herself. Mid thirties, she is attired in simple clothing, covered by a clean smock.

Looking at you as you enter, she smiles and greets you all "Bonjour messieurs. What be your plaisir dis mornin'?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Hello my lady, I am Atar. What is that wonderful smell? How much to partake of whatever it is?"

Once he has whatever she is baking and has paid her.

"Wonderful indeed. Well I finish this do you happen to know any local news by chance? We are new to town and feel we could perhaps fit in a bit better if we knew something of the place."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#232 Post by tarlyn »

Rex wrote:Atar

"Hello my lady, I am Atar. What is that wonderful smell? How much to partake of whatever it is?"

Once he has whatever she is baking and has paid her.

"Wonderful indeed. Well I finish this do you happen to know any local news by chance? We are new to town and feel we could perhaps fit in a bit better if we knew something of the place."
"Messieur, dere always rumors an such in any town, I' sure of it. Well I 'erd dat da owner of de plantation , Mr Marcel

he done died not long ago. Now if dat be true, I can't no be tellin' as I ain' seen da body or anytin like dat, 'tis jest what I

done heard"

She points to a plate containing chocolate eclairs. "Try dese too, me own gramma's recipe."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Rex »

Atar

Atar will try an eclair. "Thank you mam. wonderful indeed, I will have 3." Atar savors his 3 eclairs. "About how long ago did Master Marcel pass away?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#234 Post by tarlyn »

Rex wrote:Atar

Atar will try an eclair. "Thank you mam. wonderful indeed, I will have 3." Atar savors his 3 eclairs. "About how long ago did Master Marcel pass away?"
She thinks a moment before replying. "I mebbe heared about it two weeks ago? But if 'tis true, word don' always travel fass' 'ere, so possible it might of been a week or two before."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by shaidar »

Loeretta

While Atar is talking with the shop owner, Loretta will keep an eye out for anyone watching them or acting strangely.

GreyWolfVT

#236 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "I know we are here on business but might I ask for a fresh loaf of some of that bread I can smell?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#237 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Fendt "I know we are here on business but might I ask for a fresh loaf of some of that bread I can smell?"
Looking back towards a door she calls out "Mathilde, amenez moi un pain, s'il vous plait!."

"Bring me a bread, please." P.S super handy speakin tha french lol!

Looking at Fendt " 'Twon be long, Messieur, my girl bring it to ya."

Even as she finishes speaking a young girl, o f perhaps twelve or thirteen passes through the door with a

hot loaf of bread on a plate, a smaller plate holding butter and knife in her other hand. She places it on the counter near

Louise.

She looks at you all shyly, then heads back through the door, closing it behind her.

"Well don't just don' ya be standin' dere, Eat! Eat!, she exclaims, gesturing towards the bread and butter.

GreyWolfVT

#238 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt places a silver on the counter and butters a slice of bread and offers to share with the others. "Magnifique!" he says after finishing the first slice and buttering a second.

Scott308

#239 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Do you know what happened to Master...what was his name- Marcel? Was he an elderly gentleman, bad ticker? Who is running the plantation now that he has passed?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#240 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:Sylvar Tragwyn

Do you know what happened to Master...what was his name- Marcel? Was he an elderly gentleman, bad ticker? Who is running the plantation now that he has passed?
Louise looks at Sylvar and smiles.

"I don' be knowin' dese tings as I don't be no busybody. It ain' me business m'sieur so I don't be pryin', if you

get my meanin'."

Return to “Ravenloft (2e)”