Action Thread 14

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 14

#81 Post by Argennian »

Yosef is ready with his bow and quickly fires off a single arrow at one of the rats charging him and Van, as he did before...

To Hit: Short bow [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12 (hits AC6), Damage: Flight arrow [1d6] = 5

... He then softly tosses the bow behind him and draws his longsword, swinging as he did previously...

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21, Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 8

OOC: Hot Bleeping Damn! Not too often you see a nat 20 for max damage! :P

Glad he finally got that in before he dies from the nasty rat bite!
:D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 7:20 a
Round 1

Sorry, changed the number issues in my first post. There are 9 not 5. :)

The party and the rats attack simultaneously (Rat initiative [1d6] = 3).

Till slices and dices a rat as it attacks him. As it dies, its sharp teeth don’t even come close to Till. The second rat also missing terribly.

Bruard misses the rat in the middle, while its teeth also miss.

Jeloon misses both of her rats, though one of the rats is able to get through her armor. For minimal (1HP) damage.

Van is able to impale one of his rats, and neither are able to sink their teeth in him.

Yosef is able to skewer one of the rats in the rear, sending it flying, screaming a death squeak back the way it came. As he dispatches the next rat with his sword, it too dies unable to mark the elf! Yosef’s breathing is a bit labored though, and he looks a bit green around the gills.

Okay Yosef and Jeloon can enter puree mode. Jeloon gets 4 attacks this round and Yosef (for now) gets three attacks.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by rredmond »

Wow Chris... wow. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Argennian »

Suddenly short of breath and arms feeling heavy and slow to react, Yosef swings his longsword with adrenaline-fueled desperation. "The rat's bite! Tis... like venom..."

1) To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 (hits AC8), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 6

2A) To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 0+1 = 1(??), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 1

Ron, Point of Order! Since it's impossible to roll a 0, I wonder if I'm entitled to a reroll here? If so, I'll reroll that now. If not, just disregard

2B) To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 (hits AC0), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 7

3) To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 (hits AC10), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 2

"Getting... weaker.... .... .... trouble!" :!:

:shock: Spock! Help me, Spock!! :lol:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

OOC: What the heck? Who's ever heard of poisonous rats where it acted so fast? Does Bruard have anything we can look into doing to those so wounded after this fight? Slow Poison? Cure Poison? Damned giant rats...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:OOC: What the heck? Who's ever heard of poisonous rats where it acted so fast? Does Bruard have anything we can look into doing to those so wounded after this fight? Slow Poison? Cure Poison? Damned giant rats...

OOC: if Bruard doesn't, hopefully Melissa does! :?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#89 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:OOC: if Bruard doesn't, hopefully Melissa does! :?
Damnit! Bruard doesn't have any ability to slow your poison.
Bruard attacks again:
Mace to-hit [1d20] = 18 damage (sm/m) [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
That hits (i'm assuming) but for a measly damage of 2
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

OOC: You don't have like two scrolls with Cure Poison on them??

viewtopic.php?p=4477#p4477
(See Items #20 and #23)

Or do we want to save these for "true" poisons (this maybe just being a poison that causes the person to have a -1 or -2 to all actions for a certain period of time or some such thing...)?

Oh, and nice hits, all! :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 7:20 a
Round 2

The SAVE was for poison, just FYI. No one knows exactly what is wrong with Yosef.

The rats [1d6] = 5 are a bit quicker than the party this round and would attack first except Jeloon and Yosef are just that hair quicker.

Jeloon is able to, with two massive swipes of her sword, slice one of the two rats in front of her in to two pieces of rat, while the second swipe came around so hard the second rat explodes into tiny rat bits everywhere. While Yosef is not so lucky, slowed a bit by his burning rat bite.

The three rats left are undeterred and attack. One just bypasses Till’s dodge to bite him for 3HPs damage (please make a save vs poison), one slams against Bruard’s shield, just missing him, the last misses Van entirely.

Yosef and Van combine efforts to kill another rat. Yosef smiles through the pain as he knows his was the greater of the damage dealt.

Till responds to the rat bite with a slash of his short sword that ends the life of the rat that bit him.

Bruard pushes the rat back with his shield and connects with the skull of the feral creature. The creature still breathes, but is on the ground not moving.

Yosef and Jeloon prepare to finish the round, but look about realizing that there are no more rats to kill.
T’was a quick round. Yosef looks ill, but no worse than he has.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

*sigh*

Saving Throw [1d20] = 1

Bugger.

Till takes out his frustration of getting bitten on the remaining giant rat, skewering it through the belly.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

Noting Yosef's pale composure, Till looks to Bruard. "What's wrong with him, Bruard?"

He looks down at his recent rat bite and gulps loudly.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Argennian »

After the last of the giant rats is slain, Yosef quickly sheaths his longsword and picks up his bow and makes ready again with a fresh arrow. He takes a few deep breaths, shakes his head and blinks his eyes, as if trying to shrug some ill effect off.

When he hears Till query Bruard about the rat bite, he takes another deep breath and responds. "I don't know what is wrong with me... something is making my arms heavy... felt my breathing labored when I swung my sword... It happened after the rat bit me..."

The elf then catches his breath and speaks again while he can. "What now? ... Should we fall back or continue? ... Or mayhap I should? ... I am no good to any of you if my condition gets worse... that and the wererat might now know we are here..."

OOC: Hit Points current; 2 arrows fired are marked off; Party Kills thread updated.

Ron, if Yosef's condition gets any worse, he wants to let his friends know asap!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

Sent out a PM or two, and we'll wait to see if the others are able to chime in.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Argennian »

PM received and noted!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#97 Post by ToniXX »

Something is triggered in Bruards memory, and he realizes that he has a scroll of neutralize poison. (Duh, sorry!) I have a scroll that can help us, but it will only work on one, and then it's gone. Yosef's wound is older, thus maybe he should be cured first. We may want to return to the Druidess if Till begins to show the same signs. He rummages around in his pack and produces the scroll. What say you, friends?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Argennian »

Still looking out for danger with bow and readied arrow to shaky hands, Yosef seems uncertain of what to do. "I... I do not know if we should use the scroll, friend Bruard. Especially with the fact that more than one of us is bitten. Perhaps we should fall back and see if Melissa can help? Or at least shed some light on what it could be..."

Yosef darts a few desperate looks over towards Till and Jeloon. "What do you think, friends?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by Alethan »

I believe we have two such scrolls, FYI.
Alethan wrote:viewtopic.php?p=4477#p4477
(See Items #20 and #23)
Till turns to Yosef and asks, "Yosef, how are you feeling? Can you tell if the poison is progressing? If it isn't, and it appears to have a limited effect on us, then I say we save the scrolls and press on. If Yosef starts feeling worse, then we should maybe reconsider that idea..."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods in agreement to his halfling companion's wise proffering.

He takes a few deep breaths and moves his arms about to see if he can determine whether or not his condition is deteriorating...

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”