Action Thread 14

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 14

#41 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard watches closely as Till climbs the wall.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 6:30a

Till is easily up and at the top of the wall. At a quick scan he sees no activity, at all, in the zone. He is able to carefully lower the ropes down.

In the new light of day what looked like a cemetary is a graveyard of destroyed homes. Hundreds of crumbling structures dot the Zone. It looks like the ruins are ancient as well. This is definitely not an area that anyone has seen fit to fix up in any way. There's definitely no vegetation in the area either.

As you sort of saw before, and as Melissa explained, the Temple is the only structure that has a roof and all it's walls.

Till is at the top of the wall, all others are at the bottom watching. There is no movement or signs of life at all in this zone.

Just wanted to double check that Van is with you, and Eyman was left back?.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Yep, Van is... er... Argennian, if Van comes with us, and brings his spear, then what are you going to use for a magical weapon, should it come to that? Or will you focus on taking out any giant rats that come our way with your trusty bow? Or... you can still borrow Till's silver dagger, should worst come to worst. :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Argennian »

Yosef would like to be second up and over the wall so that he can get to the other side and make ready with his bow, in order to cover the others as they make their way.

Alethan wrote:OOC: Yep, Van is... er... Argennian, if Van comes with us, and brings his spear, then what are you going to use for a magical weapon, should it come to that? Or will you focus on taking out any giant rats that come our way with your trusty bow? Or... you can still borrow Till's silver dagger, should worst come to worst. :)
OOC: Good point, Al. If Van is going with, he should definitely keep the magical spear. If Till can spare that silver dagger, Yosef will happily accept & trade out one of normal ones, if he would like it! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Till hands Yosef the old silver dagger he purchased at the village.

"Knew this would come in handy..."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Till hands Yosef the old silver dagger he purchased at the village.

"I thank you, friend Till. Hopefully I will not have need of it!" Yosef replies with a smile.

OOC: does Till need Yosef's normal dagger?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#47 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:Till hands Yosef the old silver dagger he purchased at the village.

"I thank you, friend Till. Hopefully I will not have need of it!" Yosef replies with a smile.

OOC: does Till need Yosef's normal dagger?

Till recovered a dagger from a cocooned dwarf (? I think it was the dwarf) in the main tower of the abandoned outpost. Detect Magic indicated it was magical. His plan is to try it out with his two-weapon fighting style first chance he gets. :D

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... Till recovered a dagger from a cocooned dwarf (? I think it was the dwarf) in the main tower of the abandoned outpost. Detect Magic indicated it was magical. His plan is to try it out with his two-weapon fighting style first chance he gets. :D

OOC: understood! adding (temporarily) silver dagger to character sheet inventory! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by Alethan »

If all looks quiet, then Till climbs up on top of the wall and motions to the others to begin making their climb, as well. Once someone is up on the wall with him to act as a lookout, he will begin climbing down the other side, using one of the ropes. As soon as he reaches the bottom, he will draw his sword and dagger and keep a watch out for any movement.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 6:45 a

I'll just NPC Jeloon, and hit up Greg with a PM :) . I know that Chris had RL kick in real hard again, so we will just let him jump in when he can.

After Till and Yosef talk about weaponry, Till is back and up. Yosef is next and once he gets to the top, he situates himself with the bow and arrow. Then, as it remains all quiet, Till climbs to the ground.

It's quiet, and the place resembles the graveyard you all thought it to be in the dark. No movement that you can see, and no sound... even the birds seem to be quiet.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#51 Post by Alethan »

Till signals for more to come down. He emphasizes "quietly" by holding his first finger to his lips in a shushing manner.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by rredmond »

Unless they check in otherwise, we'll assume that Bruard and Jeloon pop on over with Yosef standing up-high watch. As usually, they are both much louder than Yosef, and deafening to Till, but try to be as quiet as they can. It's still all quiet in the whole Zone as far as you can tell.

Let me know next steps to continue the mission.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by Alethan »

Hug the wall that divides Shards 5 and 6 until we get to the temple, using the single-file marching order, with Till in the lead. Moving at the fastest speed that still maintains a low level of noise.

Assuming Van has his javelins prepared for throwing with his spear accessible for melee and Jeloon is probably going to just be using her sword. Can't speak for Bruard or Yosef, though.

OOC: Dang it. Yet another instance where a Silence 15' radius spell would have come in handy...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Argennian »

Yosef waits until Jeloon, Bruard and Van make their way up and over the wall. Once they are ready and set at the other side, he nods to Till and slides down the rope.

Once down with the party, Yosef checks his wand and other weapons before readying his bow again and preparing to move forward.

OOC: Just wanted to be sure of our single file marching order here. I was showing:

Till
Jeloon
Bruard
Yosef
Van

Yosef is good with rearguard if/when Van is needed near the front with Jeloon.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#55 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, sounds good to me, Argennian.

Flambeaux
Strider
Strider

#56 Post by Flambeaux »

OOC: Just following along trying to find my sea legs. I'll holler if I disagree with something.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by Alethan »

No worries, Flam. There is a lot to take in, I know. I wrote a lot of it. :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 7:05 a

It's nice and quiet as you move carefully along next to the wall. You almost let your guard down... nah, who we kidding, you don't let your guard down at all. You are hyper aware and ready for the inevitable giant rat attack. Which doesn't come until you make it to the red X on the map.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (41.04 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Relieving your anxiety, the rats burst out of the rubble. 4 attacking the front of the line, 4 attacking the back and 1 attacking the middle (ah the 3rd rank cleric!). As you grit your teeth for battle, you're pretty certain that without the rest at Melissa's, or her information, your chances of being surprised would have been great indeed.

This is Round 1, Jeloon attacks first and last in the Round. Yosef is ready with the bow, so can get off an arrow. I veer a bit from OSRIC here, you can get a second arrow if you want to fire into melee, or you can drop the bow and draw your long sword for the second round. Everyone else will attack on initiative.
Someone roll initiative please, and let Round 1 begin. Please remember to make the corresponding rolls for whatever actions you are declaring.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef; 5 - Van

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 5

(lol... been so long since I've rolled an initiative die it took me a minute to figure out this was good! :) )

Till launches an attack at the nearest rat in the front ranks, trying out his new dagger, as well as attempting his new two-weapon fighting technique.

To Hit, Shortsword+1 [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 and Dagger +1 [1d20] = 20

Damage, Dagger+1 (Small/Medium) [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

(Not bad, not bad. Could be better, to be sure, but he didn't fumble and drop both weapons, right?)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Argennian »

Yosef spins and targets one of the four giant rats that is approaching he and Van from the left...

To Hit: Short bow [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4, Damage: Flight arrow [1d6] = 4

... albeit a bit too quickly. "Stay close to wall so they cannot surround us!" hisses the elf as he drops his bow gently behind him, draws his longsword and will swing on one of the approaching vermin as it comes into range....

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 (hits AC2), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 6

OOC: That's better by Crom! No firing into melee for the elf! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”